Favorite Weightlifting/Powerlifting Videos

Alex5124

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Competition, training, whatever.

Akkaev vs. Klokov showdown at 2011 Worlds.

Epic battle between two absolute legends. Akkaev is my favorite weightlifter. What he lacks in technique he makes up for in brute strength and intensity. Absolute savage.

Akkaev 210 KG snatch and 245 KG C&J.

Andrei Aramnau 200/236/436 @ 2008 Olympics.

Did this at 20 years old, out dueling Klokov for gold. The snatch record still stands today. In terms of pure talent, right there with Ilya imo. Who knows what he'd be doing if he stayed healthy and out of trouble.

Not really a video of people lifting in a competition or anything, but I use this short documentary for motivation sometimes.

One of the few times you'll see Malanichev "struggle" on a set. The best powerlifter in the world right now.

^ Those videos are good demonstrations of some popular assistance lifts. Not very athletic though.

Here's strength displayed in one of the primary lifts:

Weightlifting etc?
My buddy Jay. Strongman competitor, took Alberta's strongest man a few years back.

Rubish is far and away my favorite to watch. His intensity is on a level of its own.

that deadlift that jsut made espn might just be my favorite vid now

Rubish is far and away my favorite to watch. His intensity is on a level of its own.

He's a beast. His deadlift has improved so much the past year or so. Technique is a lot better. And his intensity is unmatched.

Of course some Clarence. No clue how he completed this workout. First set was even a grind.

He's a beast. His deadlift has improved so much the past year or so. Technique is a lot better. And his intensity is unmatched.
I remember watching him grind 750 not long ago. Pretty incredible increase in that time.

Follow Lilly pretty close. The shit hes went through with the knee injuries is absurd, much respect for continuing to come back.

The entire Kirk DVD 'From Cadet to Captain' is one of my favorites. That guy is a madman. Since my old training partners are good friends with him and Ed Coan so I got to hang out with him and Coan after Coan's last meet in Vegas about 9-10 years ago. Both guys are super cool and humble although you could tell Kirk had a temper. Coan on the otherhand is very calm and collective.

As for weightlifting - Pyrros Dimas training video is one of my favorites.

The entire Kirk DVD 'From Cadet to Captain' is one of my favorites. That guy is a madman. Since my old training partners are good friends with him and Ed Coan so I got to hang out with him and Coan after Coan's last meet in Vegas about 9-10 years ago. Both guys are super cool and humble although you could tell Kirk had a temper. Coan on the otherhand is very calm and collective.

As for weightlifting - Pyrros Dimas training video is one of my favorites.

I remember watching an interview during which Captain Kirk was asked what his response was to the idea that heavy Squatting could be dangerous,

"What, are you afraid? I thought Powerlifters were supposed to be tough guys? Just strap your dick on, leave your pussy at home, put the bar on your back and bend your fucking knees!":)

Long vid, but worth a watch.

And of course, Pocket Hercules at the '96 games.

Are PMV allowed?
Powerlifting Music Videio, of course.

bench (de)motivation lol

also, any monsters like Shaw, Benni, Koklyaev, Konstantinov, Malan, Sarychev

Dan Green has some cool workouts, with a bodybuilding influence

full ROM? well, its ok

Now we're talking.

For normal gym purposes, we do have a load of things for all sorts of little rules (or even big rules) for things we do- full ROM, don't cheat in various ways etc. But elite athletes frequently do it in ways that ignore those rules, because that is what they need to do. It's possible that he's doing curls for injury prevention, and he and his team figure that they get more benefit going as heavy as possible and non-full ROM than they do being super strict. Or maybe they do some more strict and some more like this. I'd guess that for Louis-Philippe Jean's video, they figure power curls are more similar to the movements that really stress the biceps in strongman.

But I guess the main point is this: curls are awesome.

I remember watching an interview during which Captain Kirk was asked what his response was to the idea that heavy Squatting could be dangerous,

"What, are you afraid? I thought Powerlifters were supposed to be tough guys? Just strap your dick on, leave your pussy at home, put the bar on your back and bend your fucking knees!":)

Haha, yeah I remember that line.

bench (de)motivation lol

I remember randomly seeing a vid of this kid. He has some major potential. If he slowly adds on weight and continues to get stronger he could make some waves in the 165# or 74kg USAPL/IPF class, although Daiki Kodama is competing raw now and you could argue that he's the GOAT bencher (both raw and single ply) in that weight class. He recently benched 486 @ 158 raw in a IPF meet

Back