Favorite Weapon & Caliber

Great analogy. I see you failed to notice I corrected you without resorting to acting like a child, and automatically assumed that criticism about your horrible attitude was jackassery. Very impressive.

please show me the error of mine that you "corrected."

hint: you can't.

if only i knew that sherdog's 'gun' subforum would be funnier/worse than GD on arfcom. haha

This thread wasn't started here. This guy isn't a regular poster in this sub forum and almost all threads are very far from the squabbling shit show this thread became.

I didn't correct any of your technical details, I corrected your atrocious behavior. If you act anything even remotely close in person as you do on the internet then I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that comes across you.

The problem with 5.56 is bullet design.

That Hague Convention'll get you every time. Since we're on the subject of favorite calibers and the M885's short comings, let's talk 300 Blackout. I've been eyeballing the Lehigh defense ammo for quite some time. They claim it'll expand to a lot lower speed. The 194gr ME looks great for a home-defense AR pistol.

BTW, I keep my 16" barreled AR loaded with .223 Winchester PDX 60grs... I don't think I'll be finding any volunteers wanting to test the terminal performance with these guys.

That Hague Convention'll get you every time. Since we're on the subject of favorite calibers and the M885's short comings, let's talk 300 Blackout. I've been eyeballing the Lehigh defense ammo for quite some time. They claim it'll expand to a lot lower speed. The 194gr ME looks great for a home-defense AR pistol.

BTW, I keep my 16" barreled AR loaded with .223 Winchester PDX 60grs... I don't think I'll be finding any volunteers wanting to test the terminal performance with these guys.
Iraqveteran8888 did a video on the Lehigh rounds out of a .300 Blackout

Was very informative

This pissing match is probably the shittiest thing I've seen in this subforum. You are both awful, and I look forward to the inevitability of both of you being banned, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Oops, looks like you got into a pissing match yourself 'Ashton'. See how easy it is to get into one when you get insulted. Don't like the thread, stay out. There are plenty of other threads you can read.

Some .300 blk rounds have an awesomely low expansion threshold.

Barnes 110gr tac-tx is around 1300-1400 fps.

300Blackout_Barrier.jpg

barnes6.jpg

I'm not as knowledgeable on the Lehigh stuff but I do know some of their subsonic stuff does have ridiculously low thresholds. I've seen gel tests of the 194. It's pretty good. So like you said it will expand at a low speed but is also only going <1100 fps from the muzzle. Even still it expands great and has deep penetration.

The 110 ttsx and 194 me do seem to penetrate a lot if that is a concern.

For .223/5.56 from the research I've done the rounds I really like are:

Worried about over penetration

Hornady 75gr Tap T2
80265.jpg

Hornady 62gr tap barrier
8125N.jpg

Not worried about over penetration(also have great performance vs barriers/windshields)

Speer 64gr gold dot

images

223GoldDot64grCS24448_p14.875_w64gr_e.jpg

ve26tsx7x93x3b11vvdu9wd7gxepoonh.jpg

Barnes 50gr TSX

lSJKqkj_d.webp

D556N1-4.jpg

50grTSX%208inch%20barrel%20photos.jpg

Winchester Ranger 64gr bsb RA556B

winchester-ra556b-ranger-spread.jpg

winchester-ra556b-ranger-upsets.jpg

Gel tests was lost to 3rd party hosting photobucket bs but it looked similar to speers

I didn't correct any of your technical details, I corrected your atrocious behavior. If you act anything even remotely close in person as you do on the internet then I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that comes across you.

i'm much more active/reactive in person. i get so much more to work with, via expressions/demeanor/etc.

and you didn't correct shit, obviously. your 'behavior' appears to be even worse than mine - at least i had logic, facts, and actual corrections on my side. you're just flagrant with no objectivity and now a boatload of hypocrisy.

toodles.

and lehigh seems to make some good bullets. the underwood/lehigh monstrosities seem to be incredible.

Toss up between my cz 75b and my 226 SAO.

My favorite pistol for back packing and hunting Alaska (as a side arm, especially bow hunting ) is the 454 casul Alaskan. It's relatively light and agile for its power. With 360gr Buffalo Bore hard cast it has incredible penetration. Picked one up after getting tangled up last year with a sow with cubs and only having a glock 20.

Not my video.

My favorite weapon and round?

My Mossberg 500 shooting 00 buck or slugs.
57A0D67E-88A8-46FC-99AC-B3E7B7511A4E.jpeg

I can remember the time when I was toying with my dad’s revolvers. When I grew up, I started participating in hunting sessions with small revolvers. Now it's been more than a decade I'm involved in hunting. In this time, I’ve gathered a huge knowledge on different weapons and amps.
According to my opinion, Denix M1861 Navy Issue Brass Revolver is the best revolver for tree stand shooters. This one was the most popular revolver in the American civil war. The revolver comes with 2.55 Ibs weight, 7.75 inches of barrel length, single-action firing mechanism, front-loading mechanism, etc. I love this revolver for its iconic design.
When it comes to targeting a game more than 100 yards, a range scope is vital. Among various range scopes in the market, my favorite is the Vortex Optics Crossfire II Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescopes. Its adjustable magnification ensures the great value for money

For shooting its 9mm and 5.56 but thats due to availability. Otherwise I like 6.5 grendel and maybe .357 Sig or .357 magnum (for wheel guns). My taste buds change though and .300 win mag is up there too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back