Favorite UFC fighter autobiography?

Reaction score
I know Randy, Chuck, Tito, Forrest, Hughes ect. all published a book. I have only read the Hughes "Made in America" because I am a big fan of his.

Any other ones out there? Any worth a read?

I actually have an autographed copy of Chucks book. I have not read it.

Hunto's is the best. Dude's childhood was a horror story so to see him rise above that and become someone who seems like a real solid family man is pretty dang moving.

Then there's all the fun behind-the-scenes stuff and fight stories from a dude who's fought all over the world in not just MMA but kickboxing.

I like Chael's too.

The Tank Abbitt trilogee.

Got Fight? was an entertaining read. I’ve always enjoyed Forrest Griffin’s personality.

Hunto's is the best. Dude's childhood was a horror story so to see him rise above that and become someone who seems like a real solid family man is pretty dang moving.

Then there's all the fun behind-the-scenes stuff and fight stories from a dude who's fought all over the world in not just MMA but kickboxing.

I like Chael's too.

What happened?

images

I know Randy, Chuck, Tito, Forrest, Hughes ect. all published a book. I have only read the Hughes "Made in America" because I am a big fan of his.

Any other ones out there? Any worth a read?
Surprised to see an orange belt hughes fan. you get my vote.

I hear Matt Hughes’s book is full of interesting stories, as in the kinds that make you less of a fan.

I like Chael's too.
I heard his was by far the best of them all but I haven't read it. So far Forrest had the best one for me.

I hear Matt Hughes’s book is full of interesting stories, as in the kinds that make you less of a fan.
Yes. I didn't think much of him after reading that. It's not what he did, it's that he's actually proud of it.

images

I’ve read bjs, hunts, chucks and brocks. And I rate them in that order from what I’ve read.

510chI6QyML._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Really good book, I have it. Very interesting to read. Tank had no gimmick in UFC, it was all real, and the Gracie family brought him into UFC to expose street fighters that they were bums and would never win a fight in UFC ever.. But it all back fired badly on them as Tank would not only knock many opponents out cold, but he would become a huge fan favorite at the time and the fans loved him and would shout Tank Tank Tank Tank when other opponents were fighting at the time.

Also some crazy police stories in it. Tank would deliberately look for ripped guys and just knock them out cold in bars and the street, if you had a 8 pac it was on!!, and he would just knock these guys out brutally. Spent most of the late 80's and early 90's in and out in prison and detention centre's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back