Favorite shoot interviews

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
So here's my deal - I don't watch wrestling anymore. The new stuff doesn't do anything for me. I do watch the hell out of old wrestlers doing shoot interviews though. The stories they tell Ang their feuds are fascinating to me.

What are recommendations on the best guys to watch? Feel free to include links...(I'll put some in later when I get home.)

My favorites so far are pretty much anything from Jim Cornette or the Honky Tonk Man.

So here's my deal - I don't watch wrestling anymore. The new stuff doesn't do anything for me. I do watch the hell out of old wrestlers doing shoot interviews though. The stories they tell Ang their feuds are fascinating to me.

What are recommendations on the best guys to watch? Feel free to include links...(I'll put some in later when I get home.)

My favorites so far are pretty much anything from Jim Cornette or the Honky Tonk Man.
the long form klique interviews with Nash, Hall and x-pac where they get drunk and stoned while trashing everyone are probably the best. I really liked this recent Raven interview though not the same old Flair and Hbk are the goats lip service you get from everyone and he explains his reasoning well.

the long form klique interviews with Nash, Hall and x-pac where they get drunk and stoned while trashing everyone are probably the best. I really liked this recent Raven interview though not the same old Flair and Hbk are the goats lip service you get from everyone and he explains his reasoning well.

Good call. I love Raven, one of my top 5 favorites for sure.

Good call. I love Raven, one of my top 5 favorites for sure.
I couldn't really get into his own podcast since he goes off on tangents a lot but that's part of the appeal of it for some people. He's a great guest on anyone else's or interviews when he stays on topic though.

iron sheik goat shoot interviewer.

jim cornette is such a dickhead, but he's so funny lol

i enjoyed ravens. and if you can find punk/joe that's a good one

iron sheik goat shoot interviewer.
i can't remember who it's with but I love the one where he plants his weed on the other guy going over the boarder but they didn't get stopped. when they get out of the car the guy asks him what would have happened if they caught me with it? Sheik: better a jabroni go to jail than the iron sheik. (I thought it was duggan or Michael hayes but they got caught so that can't be right).

Anything Kevin Nash. Bret also gives a great shoot interview. In a lot of them, he'll do that backhanded compliment thing, where he'll say one minor positive thing about somebody, then proceed to shit on every other aspect of their work.

Can't believe I forgot Sheik. This is probably the single greatest thing in history.

You'll have to search around for extended versions of these, but this should wet your pallet.

LTAMUPu.png

For podcasts I really enjoy "Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard." Even if he is very much still a company man and rarely dishes the dirt you want. It's entertaining and he almost exclusively talks about topics from when I was a kid. He's responsible for me not committing vehicular homocide on my LA commute numerous times.

Timeline WWF 97 w Jim Cornette
Timeline WWF 92 w Bret Hart
Timeline WWF 60's w Bruno Sammartino
Timeline WCW 94 w Eric Bischoff
Timeline ECW 92-93 w Tod Gordon
Supercard Wrestlemania 2 w King Kong Bundy
Back To The Territories Puerto Rico w Savio Vega
Back To The Territories AWA w Greg Gagne
Back To The Territories All Japan w Stan Hansen
Breaking Kayfabe w Jim Cornette
RF Video Shoot w Dennis Corralluzzo(legendary New Jersey indy promoter in the 90's)

These are the ramblings of an absolute madman!

To this day I can't figure out who he was supposedly talking to in the second story. Was it Rosie O'Donnell or Ellen Degeneres? Or even Michael Jackson??

Back