Favorite Political Songs - Thread

This one is getting heavy rotation here. We'll see how it ages:

For me, it doesn't get better than the Vietnam era protest songs. They managed to be truly mainstream, musically powerful, and actually affected people. Masters of War and Fortunate Son are my faves.

I love California Uber Alles because it's so goddamn obnoxious and I love DK. Suede Denim Secret Police? Mellow out or you will pay? Holy fuck that's funny.

Awesome.

[yt][/yt]

One of my favorites:
[yt][/yt]

PS: the ad the the start of this youtube video was a recruitment ad for the Navy

PS: the ad the the start of this youtube video was a recruitment ad for the Navy

We have a legendary headshop here in New Haven named Group W Bench.

Listen to that song first thing in the morning every Thanksgiving.

EDIT: Also LOL @ even the insinuation that talking about problems in America like poverty, war, or declining rural areas is anti-American. Useful idiocy.

Need to have a thoroughly low opinion of the US to think this.

Anyway, out of all the popular art forms, music is the one that I think is least effective in delivering political messages. People generally like the way something sounds. No one cares about the lyrics. Or the lyrics are too open to interpretation. I mean, Paul Ryan is a huge Rage Against the Machine fan.

John Lennon's secularist, anarchist, pacifist Imagine is still hard to beat.

Most people probably interpret it as a bland ass "We should all get along!"-type of message though.

I'm genuinely angry that I just learned about Boots Riley

Fortunate Son

Not sure if these are considered political buyt:
Civil War the GnR version
Sympathy for the Devil
Paint it Black

Back