Favorite Moment In All of Fiction

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What is your all-time favorite moment out of every book, movie, TV show, cartoon, comic, etc. You can only pick one and explain why.

Mine is from the anime Code Geass.

It is when the Black Knights betray Lelouch and he has to be saved by Rolo, who then dies. This is Lelouch's lowest point: Britannia knows who he is and wants him dead, the Black Knights--the organization he built from essentially the ground up--want him dead, and he is alone without any of his friends. Everything he has done in the entire show has blown up in his face. And what does he do? He walks right up to his father, the Emperor, with nothing to lose.

By far the most inspirational moment in fiction that spoke to me. Even if you lose 100%, you still owe it to yourself to walk right to the enemy's face with nothing to lose.

After Ahab tells his crew whats up, and then they all like, "aww no"
But then they like, "aight, lets poke some holes in this mf-ing whale"
And I was all, "Damn." You knew right then it was goin down

Couldn't pick just one. Too many to name that are contenders.

What is your all-time favorite moment out of every book, movie, TV show, cartoon, comic, etc. You can only pick one and explain why.

Mine is from the anime Code Geass.

It is when the Black Knights betray Lelouch and he has to be saved by Rolo, who then dies. This is Lelouch's lowest point: Britannia knows who he is and wants him dead, the Black Knights--the organization he built from essentially the ground up--want him dead, and he is alone without any of his friends. Everything he has done in the entire show has blown up in his face. And what does he do? He walks right up to his father, the Emperor, with nothing to lose.

By far the most inspirational moment in fiction that spoke to me. Even if you lose 100%, you still owe it to yourself to walk right to the enemy's face with nothing to lose.
Lelouch was the GOAT antihero, to see him gloat about who he was going to fuck over was a thing of joy.

All of fiction is a big ask, but on the subject of anime, to me the ending of Spike vs Vicious in Cowboy Bebop was just sublime.

tenor.gif

The first that jumped to mind was the jaws drinking scene with the Quinn monologue

Whenever Lily Carter yells out, "Wait. I'm so scared!"

She ain't scared.

The opening scene of LOST season 2 was pretty great. When you see some strange dude working out and washing dishing and going about his day. Then he flips the lights out, you realize it's not daytime, and dude starts grabbing rifles and night vision goggles, and you realize you are INSIDE the hatch, the very place you wanted to be, right from the start.

And Ivan Drago looking at Rocky from his corner like "oh shit, what have I gotten into here?" was good too.

When don Quixote finally comes to sanity and apologizes to sancho for allowing him to fall into his delusion that they could change the morals of 16th century spain, and his squire begs him not to die. I was literally weeping the first time i read the last chapter of the masterpiece don Quixote.

Rocky 4 training montage may be the pinnacle of the filmed arts.

This scene from Hero. Why: Jet Li, Donnie yen, the rain, the music, the CRISP sound, gorgeous architecture and costumes, the quiet intensity, beautiful weapons and a nice fight choreography to string it all together. It tells a perfect and richly detailed story in 3 minutes. I can just watch it over and over.

When the narrorator finds out he and Tyler Durden are the same person.

The diner robbery finale to Pulp Fiction. My dad took me to see that as a 10 year old and to this day I've never been as caught up in a scene. When they walked out and the credits hit I knew it would be my favorite movie ever. And that I'd have a ton of great shit to say on Monday in 4th grade

Back