Favorite moment from Rocky duplicated in the UFC?

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was thinking about this moment in Rocky recently where Rocky basically breaks Apollo not by hitting him but simply by continuing to fight through his sheer grit and determination.

I wondered what would be the closest example of this in the UFC? First thing that came to mind was Lawler vs. Macdonald 2. Rory had came close to finishing Robbie in Round 3. I believe most fighters would have been done but Lawler's sheer toughness and endurance pulled him through. He spits out blood and stares Rory down between rounds.

Do you have any better examples?

That time the Italian American journeyman found himself in a title shot situation and defeated the "invincible" and popular champion.

D7270E61-1422-0E8C-9AADF142E151FF88.jpg

i have a favourite moment from karate kid in the UFC

anyone can guess?

Darren Elkins vs Michael Johnson comes to mind

I was thinking about this moment in Rocky recently where Rocky basically breaks Apollo not by hitting him but simply by continuing to fight through his sheer grit and determination.

I wondered what would be the closest example of this in the UFC? First thing that came to mind was Lawler vs. Macdonald 2. Rory had came close to finishing Robbie in Round 3. I believe most fighters would have been done but Lawler's sheer toughness and endurance pulled him through. He spits out blood and stares Rory down between rounds.

Well, seems some HW out there lost... the eye of the tiger...

i have a favourite moment from karate kid in the UFC

anyone can guess?

Is it when Johnny is rolling a joint in the bathroom at the school dance and Daniel rigs the janitor hose and soaks him with water?
In the UFC, Johnny = Nick Diaz, and Daniel = the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

I love the edgar maynard suggestion, the only other individual showing i can think to compare it too would be Darren Elkins in the Bektic fight...unbelievable heart. Maybe Chris Leben against Akiyama?

Lots of great answers to my question in here. Edgar is probably the real Rocky.

The most recent example is probably in my AV. Although he lost the fight he was still a real Rocky.

Jon Jones and Anderson Silva for doing tons of roids like Stallone and Lundgren.

The Jones/Shogun fight is kinda similar to the Drago/Creed fight.

Back