Favorite - Metal Gear Solid game

MGS gets my vote since it's the only one I played

great game

And you're basing this entirely off the fact he doesn't like TTS as much as the original?

You're coming off rather sour and grumpy yourself, comrade.

As someone who spends 90% of their time being sour and grumpy. I can spot it with ease. Vorpalraddish is correct.

As someone who spends 90% of their time being sour and grumpy. I can spot it with ease. Vorpalraddish is correct.

As opposed to the 'hey, it's not all bad, look at the positive side' I'll take the brutally honest perspective any day of the week.

Played one and beat it. I've tried playing 2 so many times but I always quit right around the first boss battle on skates.

I loved all of them. MSG1, MSG2, And MSG3. but I didn't have a ps3 so I couldn't play the fourth installment.

part 1 is GOAT

I loved all of them. MSG1, MSG2, And MSG3. but I didn't have a ps3 so I couldn't play the fourth installment.

part 1 is GOAT

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPbNi_UxNBw

Better to watch this than to never play the game, ever.

MGS4 wraps up the series perfectly...

...with Meryl, Campbell, and Naomi from MGS1.

...Raiden, Vamp, and Rose from MGS2.

...Eva from MGS3.

And of course, Snake, Otacon, and Ocelot.

MGS 1 > all. I remember getting this game only because EGM had awarded a platinum rating. Now its one of my top 10 games of all time.

I've been watching a youtube channel called 'Super Bunny Hop' recently and his Critical Close Up series is quite interesting... especially about the MGS series.
[Yt]zQx_VG4S2Vc[/MEDIA]
[Yt]1ljAHf4zGQs[/MEDIA]

And usually when someone criticizes MGS1, my initial reaction is '**** you! It's perfect!' But he actually had a few good points... like the two toughest parts of the entire game are the first two parts, the dock and the base enterance. The combat is a royal pain in the ass, and the area you run up the first communications tower with guards coming at you from above and below is impossible if you didn't know it was coming and were ill-equipt.... imagine if you had zero rations, very few stun grenades, and forgot to get the body armor. And I whole heartedly agree with having to heat up and cool down the PAL card is the most un-fun portion of the game, having to go up and down the ladders a total of 7 times is a chore. And when I'm reminded myself I've played through the game between 15-20 times, it must have soaked up hours of my life having to change the temperature of that damn PAL card. Not to mention just having to stand for a few minutes in the furnace and freezer room, just waiting. Oh, using the elevator a grand total of 6 times wasn't fun either.

And he also made a same type of video for MGS3...
[Yt]N_-jyF987MQ[/MEDIA]

And something hit me... holy crap... MGS3 is a better game between the two.

Because of MGS1's crap combat (which does encourage you not to get caught, obviously), highly discourages you from engaging into it. While MGS3 allows you to either be stealthy, or go in guns blazing.

While MGS1 still has the better storyline, characters, boss battles, and overall tension.... with MGS3's unquestionable improved gameplay, non-linear paths through areas, multiple means of dispatching bosses (and guards)... it'd take ALOT for me to actually say this... but MGS3 is definatley the better game.

MGS1 is still my overall favorite because of how Earth-shattering it was for me, the first that mixed perfectly cinematic sequences into a videogame, and 17 years later the only game that's come close to meeting it was The Last Of Us.

Check out all three videos if you ever have the chance. They're worth your time. Hopefully he'll come out one for MGS4 sometime in the future.

I have the MG HD collection. Got bored of it and went back to MGS 1 off my PSN. No regrets.

For anyone who watched the Royal Rumble last night.

B8QJd5BCMAAro4j.png

I have the MG HD collection. Got bored of it and went back to MGS 1 off my PSN. No regrets.

That sounds abnormal, but besides that, do you have a HDTV? And if so, do you use any special settings to make MGS1 playable? Because it's a flicker fest for me unfortunately.

The ending sequence of Snake Eater where you are escaping the fortress on the bike is one of my fav gaming experiences ever. I was high on sugar from like two bottles of Pepsi and a pint of ice cream which made it all the more intense.. I think I may have even shit myself.

where is the poll?

I need to give credit to the GOAT

Back