Favorite - Metal Gear Solid game

I take back what I said about TTS sucking, but it was worse than the original (except for graphics of course).

I mean how the fuck does Snake carry all that gear, weapons, and ammo? People have no problem with that, but they get all pissy when he does a back flip on a Hind D's missile in the Twin Snakes

That's kind of a silly comparison don't you think? All games require a willing suspension of disbelief to explain the gameplay mechanics because gameplay and system limitations exist outside independently from the narrative.

Besides, the problem with TTS isn't that those scenes are present, it's that they were unnecessarily added in. Of course that's going to upset fans of the original. It would be no different for any other intellectual property in any other medium. It's exactly why I haven't been able to enjoy a Star Wars movie in almost 20 years now.

The series has always been over-the-top, but MGS1 was substantially less over-the-top than TTS. The game itself is fine, but is woefully unfaithful to the original.

Last edited:
why oh why is the HD collection not on PC......?

GOD-DAMMIT.gif

Imagine if they remade 'Forrest Gump' but gave him the powers of Superman.

It's around that level of retardation.

He took out over a 100 spec op soldiers all by himself while running up stairs in a watch tower with out getting tired, he took out a tank by himself, he fought a man armed with a F-16 Gatling gun, and took out a bipedal walking tank ( Metal Gear ) all by himself. All of that is way over the top, but people get all upset over flashy over the top cut scenes. I find that ridiculous. If anything, the cut scenes in The Twin Snake made more sense, since he had to be A incredible amazing soldier to even accomplish what he has accomplished. Most of the cut scenes in The Twin Snakes were better than the original, the Hind D cut scenes may be a little much but it was nothing retarded. They didn't make Solid Snake a super powered soldier. People like you are just sour and grumpy.

Last edited:
He took out over a 100 spec op soldiers all by himself while running up stairs in a watch tower with out getting tired, he took out a tank by himself, he fought a man armed with a F-16 Gatling gun, and took out a bipedal walking tank ( Metal Gear ) all by himself. All of that is way over the top, but people get all upset over flashy over the top cut scenes. I find that ridiculous. If anything, the cut scenes in The Twin Snake made more sense, since he had to be A incredible amazing soldier to even accomplish what he has accomplished. Most of the cut scenes in The Twin Snakes were better than the original, the Hind D cut scenes may be a little much but it was nothing retarded. They didn't make Solid Snake a super powered soldier. People like you are just sour and grumpy.

Over 100 soldiers? Who says? It's possible to go through the entire game without killing anyone other than bosses.
In reality, it'd only take one grenade in the tank to kill everyone inside.
One missle from the launcher to the HindD.
And one bullet, or claymore, to kill Vulcan Raven.
Rex was designed to take on armies, so a lone soldier right infront of him hitting the right spots is quite possible. Who knew, right?

Scores were lower for the TTS than the original on both GR and MC.

Over 100 soldiers? Who says? It's possible to go through the entire game without killing anyone other than bosses.
Rex was designed to take on armies, so a lone soldier right infront of him hitting the right spots is quite possible. Who knew, right?

Did run up those stairs dispatching the soldiers using nothing but cqc? That's even more impressive of snake.

Did run up those stairs dispatching the soldiers using nothing but cqc? That's even more impressive of snake.

CQC, flash bangs, wearing the body armor, and using rations.

Watch a Big Boss playthrough sometime.

Imagine Rambo doing Matrix shit. It's dumb. It's not about whats believable. It's about what makes sense.

CQC, flash bangs, wearing the body armor, and using rations.

Watch a Big Boss playthrough sometime.

I think he tried that method once once, I don't think I was successful though and ended up just FASMASing my way up the stairs anyways.

Not killing those soldiers in the watch tower takes more skill, bro. I guess Psycho mantis was a Turn off to you since he was unrealistic. Also Vulcon Raven was super powered. Everything you said takes mad skills, he infiltrated a high tech base guarded by 100s of spec op soldiers, and it was full of booby traps. Not even seal team 6 or SAS could pull that off. So the cut scenes made sense , since he had to be fucking amazing to pull off what he accomplished

Not killing those soldiers in the watch tower takes more skill, bro. I guess Psycho mantis was a Turn off to you since he was unrealistic. Also Vulcon Raven was super powered. Everything you said takes mad skills, he infiltrated a high tech base guarded by 100s of spec op soldiers, and it was full of booby traps. Not even seal team 6 or SAS could pull that off. So the cut scenes made sense , since he had to be fucking amazing to pull off what he accomplished

Well, when Ocelot fought Snake he didn't have that look in his eye.
Psycho Mantis obviously had a bad camp.
Sniper Wolf couldn't make weight because she was on her period.
Vulcan Raven was obviously on roids.
Liquid was distracted by what his genes were telling him.
And Rex was green, it was his first test drive.

Imagine Rambo doing Matrix shit. It's dumb. It's not about whats believable. It's about what makes sense.

[YT]briUPvfwli0[/YT]
[YT]yODvbOY5CXk[/YT]
[YT]a01GJ74X_R4[/YT]

Majority of the cut scenes were better. And no, that was a bad comparison, since Metal Gear Solid has a lot of Sci Fi mixed with super natural elements. Snake is a awesome martial artist, so you're wrong in my opinion. Splinter Cell seems like more of a better fit for you.

Well, when Ocelot fought Snake he didn't have that look in his eye.
Psycho Mantis obviously had a bad camp.
Sniper Wolf couldn't make weight because she was on her period.
Vulcan Raven was obviously on roids.
Liquid was distracted by what his genes were telling him.
And Rex was green, it was his first test drive.

Maybe Snake snorted Coke before the mission?

People like you are just sour and grumpy.

And you're basing this entirely off the fact he doesn't like TTS as much as the original?

You're coming off rather sour and grumpy yourself, comrade.

Hate Portable ops, the story seemed good, but losing stamina by losing is stupid; Big Boss gasses more than Mark Hunt in Mexico City.

Loved the first one but had to vote for Snake Eater. Such an amazing gameplay experience and great story

Majority of the cut scenes were better. And no, that was a bad comparison, since Metal Gear Solid has a lot of Sci Fi mixed with super natural elements. Snake is a awesome martial artist, so you're wrong in my opinion. Splinter Cell seems like more of a better fit for you.

Really? He's an awesome martial artist? In MGS1, the extent of his martial skill is a punch/punch/kick that any whitebelt can learn on their first day of class.

MGS is Action/SciFi/with alittle Supernatural mixed in, but there's always an explanation. In TTS, no explanation is given for Snake being like Neo in The Matrix. None.

The only character that has license to have those abilities is Grey Fox, and his added scenes to TTS are pretty damn good. The added fight scene with Snake after the Revolver Ocelot boss fight was pretty awesome... until the part he kicks the ceiling causing a huge concrete boulder to fall and he kicks it over to Snake... that part was retarded.

But his added fight sequences with Rex were unconditionally awesome. No complaints there whatsoever. It's the only addition to the game I can say 'THAT was an awesome addition to one of the best games of all time.'

Back