Favorite - Metal Gear Solid game

MGS 1/3.

I wasn't in love with 2 though I liked it a lot, and 4 was just aight to me.

I really liked one of the MGS PSP games, I don't recall the name. The one where you could recruit soldiers.

It's not even a contest, MGS 1 is the best.

After MGS 1 everything goes down hill.

The first one followed closely by the fourth and third.

It's not even a contest, MGS 1 is the best.

After MGS 1 everything goes down hill.
Although 1 is a classic, 3 is overall the best one, and 5 has the best gameplay.

4 is unique, and in 2 we get to see Solid Snake through a outside perspective.

MGS 3 by a comfortable margin.

I've got a soft spot for MGS on the PS1 though. At the time it was truly revolutionary.

MGS2 get a bad rap for obvious reasons, but the gameplay was a proper evolution and tight as hell, regardless of how fucked up the story was.

MGS4 had some good things about it, but it really took the cinematics a step too far. I also didn't care much for the story and environments. For an early PS3 game though, it still looks rather amazing.

MGS5 is a mixed bag. The story is nearly impossible to follow, given that it requires you to listen to hours and hours of audio tape to really comprehend everything. The gameplay is second to none though. Overall though, I don't think making a bigger version of "Peace Walker" really worked. Peace Walker had so many extra things to do in terms of base management, in order to hide it's technical limitations in the actual gameplay department. It all worked really well with it's bite sized maps, in that you always felt like you were accomplishing something, even if you only played it for ten minutes. Taking all the elements from Peace Walker, and then adding it to huge game, kind of made all the base management stuff a little tedious.

Raiden is the worst thing that happened to Metal Gear, oh wait there's Metal Gear Survive.

This is a contest between 1 and 3, but my vote goes to 1.

Raiden just ruined MGS2

I think I made a thread after this thread with an actual poll and MGS1 and MGS3 were the clear winners having far more votes than the other two.

MGS3 had a few more votes than MGS1, which I agree with. MGS1 is a vastly superior game due to the addition of the all-around camera later added into MGS4. But I admit MGS1 hasn't aged well.

Snake Eater has always been my favorite.

3, story wise. Gameplay wise, V - flame me, IDGAF.

The controls in 3 were just archaic and not intuitive at all. It was one of those games like RE7 - good, but the controls just needed to evolve already. V just felt more fluid.

Gameplay wise, V - flame me, IDGAF.

I don't know why anyone would. It's pretty undeniable. The previous games were always heavily stealth focused, so when it came time to just run and gun if you got in a tight spot, it was always a little stiff. The controls really didn't lend themselves to anything but stealth. In MGSV they made every aspect of gameplay function really well, and you could play it how you wanted to. It's just a shame they didn't put as much work into the story and level design.

Snake Eater was the first one I ever finished and for me I think that's why it sticks out for me as my favorite.

2 after i replayed it many times and sort of understood the themes.

5 is the best in terms of gameplay.

Back