Favorite "Lesser" Know Songs by Your Favorite Bands

I'm at work so i can't listen to all but a guess would be first studio album from each? Maybe songs about depression?

No, that's not what I was referring to although some are about depression. The answer to my question which I feel confident you would have gotten had you been home and able to listen to all of them or even half of them is that they are all what I like to call "mellow metal" or "trippy metal." Most of them are only mellow in parts such as starting out mellow an then getting heavier as they go along but, for example, "Strange World" by Iron Maiden is mellow all the way through and beautiful in that "trip metal" way which I love. This, btw, is nothing you should confuse with "power ballads." A lot of them have a druggy vibe to them which is cool because if you're in the right mood, and especially if you listen with headphones, you feel like you're getting high off these songs but it's a natural high without the disgusting side effects of most illicit drugs! Natural highs rule!

Thank you! You know, because of the time when they made their debut, and because they are from Seattle, they got lumped into the "grunge rock" category but I think they are more just traditional AOR than they are grunge, don't you? I don't really find anything about them "grungy." They don't play sloppy, they don't primarily sing about how "life sucks" (the mantra of Cobain), they don't sing about heroin like Alice In Chains and others did, and they have more subtlety and mellowness although they definitely can rock out hard like in "Alive" or "Evenfow."

That being said, Layne Staley of Alice in Chains got together with some members of Pearl Jam (if I remember correctly) and they recorded a beautiful, very 1970s sounding album under the band name "Mad Season." That also wasn't grunge or at least not typical grunge by any means. It had influences as far from grunge as The Doors. Have you heard the Mad Season album and if so, what do you think of it? I only wish they'd recorded more than the one!
I loved mad season especially the song wake up such a powerful song.

I was a fan of all the so called grunge bands guys like Eddie, Chris, Kurt and Layne didn't need autotune like today's so called singers.

I loved mad season especially the song wake up such a powerful song.

I was a fan of all the so called grunge bands guys like Eddie, Chris, Kurt and Layne didn't need autotune like today's so called singers.

Wake up was a great song! There was a local musician that I was friends with and he was extremely talented but sadly he had a bad addiction to crack cocaine. As soon as I heard that song Wake Up I thought to myself that it could have been written about my friend. Fortunately he finally managed to get clean and has been for quite a few years now. Layne Staley wasn't as fortunate, sadly. The beginning of Wake Up reminds me of The Doors. "Long Gone Day" is a beautiful song and sounds nothing like grunge or anything else Layne Staley ever did. What an amazing talent he had! He was my favorite singer from the early 90s Seattle scene.

U2:
Your Blue Room
Lady with the spinning head
Mofo

Smashing Pumpkins:
Wound
Pug
Where Boys Fear to Tread
Daphne Descends
Muzzle
Stand inside your love
Rhinoceros
Appels+Oranjes
many others

Garbage:
Milk
Queer
Supervixen
Time will destroy everything
Vow
Temptation Waits
Control
Bright Tonight
Felt
many others

Pearl Jam:
Thin Air
It's OK
Long Road

im probably not wording this right but, whatever. What are some of your favorite songs, that maybe aren't the song a band is known for?

For example my favorite GNR songs are Don't Cry and Patience, but they are arguably more known for Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City and of course November Rain.

Get in here my music loving friends

Don't Blame Me was a throwaway track from Ozzy Osbourne's 1991 album No More Tears. I own a re-release of the No More Tears album that has a badass version of the song, but I couldn't find that version on you tube. It's probably my favorite song on an album full of songs I love. This is probably the original cut that they threw away...

“Smile”by Pearl Jam I just fucking love that song

Led Zeppelin - No Quarter, Since I've Been Loving You

Black Sabbath - Megalomania

Judas Priest - Dreamer Deceiver

Dio - Invisible

Iron Maiden - Remember Tomorrow, Strange World

Quuensryche - Roads To Madness

Fates Warning - Epitaph
Fates Warning is by far one of the best bands I’ve EVER seen live!I saw them in Connecticut @ a club called Toads Place back in the day..probably the best “small club” mix I’ve heard.
Cool lads as well.Killer tune btw.

Yes another classic people who hate on pearl jam have no idea how many amazing songs they have.
Man every album has something special, they have soooo many good songs
And seeing them live now that they are older is kind of special I have seen them like 15 times and every concert has been amazing

Pearl Jam:
Thin Air
It's OK
Long Road

This guy fucks. I saw them do Daughter with the It's OK tag live at PJ20 and almost cried. It's so fucking awesome when they transition.

Back