Favorite Guitarists?

That entire album is moster riffs and playing.

Nili Brosh visits Jason Becker and helped bring about the icebucket challenge.

Here she is doing a super difficult becker/roth song.

She f*ckin' rips man..nice one.Cheers for the play.She definitely is class m8,cool she brought that to him,I mean after all it's for him and the like.

Slash, Hendrix, Frusciante, Page, Fogerty, Young.

:eek:
Japanese rock band Glay. I don't know which of the 3 or 4 guitarists it is, but one of them is pretty darn good.
Four f**king :eek::eek::eek: :eek:guitarists..must be crazy loud at live shows!

There's so many amazing players and a lot have been mentioned already so I'll stick to a few that haven't been brought up yet.

Johnny Marr. The man that influenced a generation of brit-pop and indie rock guitarists.

Eddie Hazel. Maggot Brain, enough said.

Dick Dale. The king of surf guitar and total bad ass.

Link Wray. There's rock music before and after Link. He changed the game.

Scotty Moore. Elvis' right hand man.

It's gonna be Slash for me. Not really a technical player, but his feel, timing, phrasing, and emotional expression are second to none in my opinion. He just always seems to find the right note. And of course he does it with style.
709f2f5f4f8c4c79b68c277eb2c31836.jpg

Honorable mention: Eddie Van Halen. He basically ushered in the shred race of the 80s but he did it with tasteful playing. Shredding was not the point, just a byproduct of good playing. And in my opinion he is the riff god of rock along with Tony Iommi.
Unknown.jpeg

Probably EVH. Was in a comic book collectibles place on Saturday and the guitar intro to VH 'ain't talking bout love' came on and it was like ' fuck yeah' . I'd almost forgotten how good he was....

Or as an alternative Angus Young from ACDC. Not the best out there but I like his style.

Paul Gilbert, Nuno Betterncourt, Kiko Loureiro...too many to mention.

Slash gets shit on but he made memorable edgy bluesy riffs that can not be denied. I love his playing.
My two favorites are Eddie Van Halen and Zakk Wylde. But my all time favorit solo in a song is by John Sykes when he was with Whitesnake. Steve Vai and Adrian Vandenberg couldn't do this solo like he did. He was possessed....

The solo starts around 5:17 but the meat is at 6:20.....still blows my mind

Probably Richie Sambora. Best guitar and singing combination I can think of.

Also quite enjoy Lindsey Buckingham, Joe Satriani, Prince, Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens, Slash, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and a good many others competing for that spot.

I just like how The Edges style is that less is more.

The Jeff Beck school of thought. There is something to be said for restraint depending on the song and the moment. Some of the best songs have a solo that is just enough to be what the song needs.

INXS and Tim Farriss were kind of that way as well.

Back