Favorite feints/setups/traps? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Alanf7, Mar 14, 2017.

1. j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

j123
    [​IMG]

right hand lead likes this.
  2. Ilk Orange Belt

Ilk
    If orthodox. Walk to the ride while trowing few long jabs to the head to feint. Quick bullshit cross to the body heavy hook which looks a bit like an overhand to the head. Confuses the fuck out of almost everyone.

First you are walking to the right trowing jabs which is weird. Then you trow a bullshit level changed cross. Then you again long hook to the head which is another level changed strange hit.

Most people do not see the hook especially if you have trown some nice crosses to the body before.

I ve been watching lots of Lomachenko lately. The guy loves to feint being vurnerably to a jab and then countering the heck out of the jab.

3. AndyMaBobs Green Belt

AndyMaBobs
    Y'know your basement? Well right underneath that.
    [​IMG]

Jimmy Jazz and j123 like this.
  4. AndyMaBobs Green Belt

AndyMaBobs
    Y'know your basement? Well right underneath that.
    Fake a jab to a left straight
    Fake left knee to switch and set up right knee
    And the old Cro Cop pairing of the left hand and left kick

5. NAKMUAY18 Purple Belt

NAKMUAY18
    Fakes and feints are a concept rather than a specific technique. The idea is to find a predetermined way that an opponent reacts to a strike and exploit it.

For example if my oppo always slips outside of a straight, I fake the straight right followed by a right head kick. Or as in the CroCop example above left and left. The idea being the opponent slips the fake punch into the fake kick.

Giving examples is fine, but it they are dependent on the opponents reacting a certain way. If you don't understand the concept then your relying on chance for them to land rather than seeing opportunities.

A common way to deal with teeps and front kick to the body is to parry them to the outside. When I do that i reach down and expose my head to punches. In that case fake teep >jab/cross would work. If I deal with teeps by checking them with my knee, my guard would still be up so punches wouldn't land and fake teep > jab/cross would be a bad option. However if I checked with my knee, I'd be on one leg. If I could predict that responce, fake teep> submarine kick/sweep the standing leg would be a better option.

Cliffs: draw a reaction you can predict, exploit it

aerius and AndyMaBobs like this.
  6. NAKMUAY18 Purple Belt

NAKMUAY18
    To demonstrate the above post. Moose was checking body kicks with the arm shield. Lyoto recognized that, faked to the body to draw the arm shield and came over the top.
    If Moose was using the traditional Thai knee to elbow check, the fake would not have been as effective. The follow up strike is determined by the reaction you draw out.

AndyMaBobs likes this.
  7. KhmerFighter97 White Belt

KhmerFighter97
    Easiest trick in my book is to give em a couple of right kicks to the body, when I fakethe third and they try and catch it, superman to the wide open face or skip into a high head kick.

Also I love to use teeps, I tend to just teep the body a lot, then I'd fake a teep into a hop left hook, right cross, right kick when they try and parry the teep. I think saenchai does this one a lot

Just some of my go tos