Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Post 'em here.

Last edited:
-body jabs, then the overhand when they buy it to brace the gut

-get them to think I'm low kicking then use it to setup a headkick

Switching stance while you throw your right hook? Never really tried that.

I never really had anything too tricky, I based my entire game off of timing and pressure. Never was better than gym level though.

Something I'm working on right now and that I'm looking to practice tomorrow at class is feint jab, slip left, left hook too the body. Or, 1, 2, slip left, left hook to the body.

A counter that I've been working on is, against the jab, slip right, right uppercut(only thing about this one that I curious about is, whether I should be stepping in to close the distance when I slip or if my opponent will do that for me when they throw the jab)

The rear uppercut is probably my favorite punch followed by the right hand and the liver shot.

Been watching alot of gifs and highlights of my favorite Boxers to get some ideas and things that I like.

-body jabs, then the overhand when they buy it to brace the gut

-get them to think I'm low kicking then use it to setup a headkick

These are good ones.

I like the look of the body jab to set up the right hand too the head.

mayweather-vs-oscar-de-la-hoya-3.gif

These are good ones.

I like the look of the body jab to set up the right hand too the head.

mayweather-vs-oscar-de-la-hoya-3.gif
Thats what I use for the bs low kick -> headkick.

When my coach first told me, I thought it was bs, then when I realized it worked, I started using it.

Thats what I use for the bs low kick -> headkick.

When my coach first told me, I thought it was bs, then when I realized it worked, I started using it.
That's something that Joe Valtellini was really good at doing, he did it twice against both Raymond Daniels and Marc De Bonte.

Low kick after low kick, then, when they think you're just going to do it again, go high.

I really like this technique as a way to get around having your low kicks checked. I was only able to train at this gym for a few months. It's a long drive, but I'm getting my ass back in shape now and plan to return as soon as I can. The coach is Eric Haycraft, who was and might possibly still be, a talent scout for Glory. Great place to train if anyone is ever in the Louisville, KY area.

Stepping forward and then stepping back
As funny as it sounds, it works pertty well for someone who is too "teep-happy" on the ropes/corner. Well sorta, more like forward feint, then dash in.

Fake takedown to a left hook or rear uppercut.

I like leaving my hands out in their face but it's bad against guys who are good at coming inside the pocket.

Slowing the tempo of a punch and still following through is decent if they aren't countering. It helps distract their timing.

Funnily enough against a visual fighter, I have used the 90s double punch that Jackie Chan used to strike to the stomach and head at the same time. I've hit people in the stomach who otherwise can block single punches effectively. Not really recommended though.

Favourite Trap ?

When they say "me love you long time !"
I know it's a lie but me have long fun in short time.

Double jab to spinning back kick to the liver or solar plexus. 1-2 front kick to the jaw.

Look down, kick up.

Third oldest trick in the book.

Last edited:
When they say they are over 18 years of age but doesn't remember the Sydney Olympics.

Trap the front arm, punch the face. Personal favourite but less powerful, trap with my right arm, hit with lead backfist, feel like I'm Bruce Lee.

As a southpaw train my right side mercilessly to fight orthodox. Lead left power leg inverted round house over the top to the orthodox open side...Busted a couple of noses in ammy tournies till I had to modified it higher to the head gear cause people would walk right into it.

The set up is a right low leg kick and as they start to anticipate it with a left jab, defensive faint backwards to open them up.

Back