Dave McClain
Trym

Akira Jimbo

I've only heard him on this album, but it is great
51wUmTgtW2L.jpg

I love the beat on the title song

Tomas Haake

{<redford}

The guy who played on Thordendal's special defects is also pretty ridiculous - Morgan Agren.

This is him playing with his brother Jimmy.

Abe Cunningham

Abe is one of my all time favourites. No a flashy drummer but all his beats are so silky smooth, and he has a very distinct fell to his playing.

Last edited:
I originally posted Joey (slipknot) but Danny Carey from Tool is probably my favourite and Mastodon's brann close after.

Last edited:
Plenty of internet drummers have a couple of skills or are fast but I haven't seen one who had full control of the rudiments.............or any swing.

This one's "rudiments" include Jo Jo Mayer's and Akira Jimbo's signature stuff into what she considers her "rudiments".

She was 11 when she performed this.

Simon Philips doing some amazing stuff.

The one and only Stevie Wonder shows his chops.

All said.....tony williams is probably the most amazing drummer I've ever heard.

Ian Paice rules!! A really versatile guy who played on THE first proto-speed metal song: "Speed King"
No double bass but listen to how he thrashes yet keeps that groovy swing, baby!

Terry Bozzio
Billy Cobham
Bill Bruford
(believe it or not, )Phil Collins
Art Blakey
DeJohnette

Ginger Baker
Buddy Rich
Terry Bozzio
Jon Bonham
Mike Portnoy

Mitch Mitchell is underrated. Understandable considering he played behind Hendrix, but dude never got enough credit

Copeland, McBrain, Gadd, Purdy, Vinny C and on and on....

However JOEY FUCKING BARON is the best drummer to ever walk the earth imo.
v2_338x236_thumb_45076_joey_baron.jpg

John Bonham is easily my favorite drummer of all time. The drum sound on "when the levee breaks" is the most gangsta shit ever.....I can just imagine when he hit that first note in the houdini mansions stairwell.... when they realized the sound they got out of that recording technique. (hanging the mic way above the kit and letting the natural reverb do its thing) To cut this salivating praise train short, I'll say this much: Bonham was THE incarnation of the PERFECT rock music drummer.

Back