Favorite Drummers

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Drummers don't get enough respect in my opinion. They rarely get song-writing credit, but they're work is pretty bad ass. Who is your favorite of all time? I am partial to the late, great Randy Castillo...

Can't believe it's been 15 years since he died.

Last edited:
The one armed fella from Def lep. The kid from the tool 42 cover for my runner up.

Chad Smith from The Chili Peppers

Antonio Sanchez who plays with Pat Metheny and Brian Blade who's been playing with Wayne Shorter for years and more recently with Herbie Hancock (and Wayne Shorter.)

Very different styles but easily two of the greatest drummers on the planet imo. Definitely the two that have stood out the most live for me.

Igor Cavalera

Stephen Perkins from Janes Addiction has been a favorite of mine for years.

In the summer of 1969, a mail sorter at a New York post office received a letter addressed "To The Greatest Drummer in the World." There was no address or return address and the sorter wasn't sure what to do.

Fortunately, there was a former drummer who worked the front counter of the Post Office who promptly found Max Roach's address and forwarded the letter.

Max Roach received the letter and said, "Oh no, I'm not the greatest drummer in the world." Max then promptly forwarded the letter to Gene Krupa, who said "Somebody must've made a mistake." Gene then forwarded the letter on to Buddy Rich.

Of course, Buddy had been waiting his entire life for that moment. He read the words "To The Greatest Drummer in the World" and smiled from ear-to-ear as he ripped open the envelope.

He began to read the letter, "Dear Ringo...."

Stephen Morris.
Every single person knows his work from Blue Monday

She's Lost Control is well know, too.

He is brilliant

Stormblast......is......a......machine blessed by satan that is for sure

Last edited:
Buddy Rich - Jazz
Gar Samuelson - Jazz , Megadeth
Bill Stephenson - Descendents, All, Black Flag

Last edited:
A couple off the top of my head