Favorite Canadian Music Artist

Well, it's still the same. But condos going up everywhere, just crazy. For awhile there, not sure if still now, but we had the most cranes building condos in North America. And now they're talking and trying to do tolls along our main highways.

Ya I heard about the tolls. My folks sold the house I lived in at Avenue rd and Lawrence, and moved into a condo. I'm actually thinking about buying a condo if my daughters go back to Canada for university but I see the 22% y-o-y increase and I'm thinking i can wait.

isnt the Band...american? colour me surprised if theyre not
Everyone in the Band out of the original lineup was Canadian but Levon Helm and they formed in Toronto.

One of my favourite bands for awhile. Saw them bunch of times...then they broke up. Keep hearing they're getting back together, but idk:

Anyhow,

Field Day and Wagbeard were two of my favourite local (Calgary) Bands during the mid 90s.

Of course cannot forget SNFU:

DOA

Rusty had some good songs

Our Lady Peace had some decent ones

I used to really like them when I was a young buck. My favourite song from them has always been Tribal Convictions

BTW Blackie doing that half shaved head with long hair thing like 25yrs or so before all the wannabes nowadays

Last edited:
Probably Propagandhi. How to Clean Everything was the first album I bought with my own money.

They'll always have a special place in my heart, although I haven't really been into them since they shifted their sound toward metal.

For me, the only answer can be The Tea Party. Transmission was a huge part of my musical upbringing.

But now that I think about it, my number two who has been fighting for a top spot the past 10 years or so has been Devin Townsend.

For me, the only answer can be The Tea Party. Transmission was a huge part of my musical upbringing.

But now that I think about it, my number two who has been fighting for a top spot the past 10 years or so has been Devin Townsend.

Monica.gif

Transmission was the first CD I ever bought with my own money. BABYLON is an amazing song.

Nobody has mentioned kd lang. You all have something against vegetarian lesbians?? A national treasure.

Back