Favorite boxer?

oldschool Benny Lynch, Joe Louis and the greatest of all time Walker Smith Junior!

modern day Wlad Klitschko

but i admire a lot of boxers

Last edited:
All time favourites:
Benn
Hagler
Lennox Lewis
Hearns

Current favourites:
Loma
Frampton
Spence
Callum smith

Who is your favorite boxer, and why?

Me, personally, I am a HUGE Calzaghe fan, because of his being an underdog and always coming out on top. It was a sad sad day when he retired

Good choice I always liked Calzaghe but I feel he was underrated by people that didn't know how good he really was as a fighter. He'd be the only fighter of his time to give RJJ a tough fight during his prime. I still think Roy would have won but not in the dominant fashion that he beat most.

Naseem Hamed was my all time favourite and was the fighter that got me into boxing. He was just an incredible showman and he had a unique style that only he could pull off. Just a shame that he never really reached his potential which is amazing to consider when he got so far as he did.

Pacman was another favourite. Always a great fighter to watch. The only bad fight I remember him in was against Floyd but who does fight well against Floyd?

Historically it would be Hagler. The guy was a machine and a true warrior. He only had one gear and that was forward. Even Hearns couldn't stop him.

My own favourite right now has to be Vasyl Lomachenko. Amazing skills, incredible footwork, high output and great ring IQ. He really is an artist in the ring and exemplifies everything there is to love about the sweet science.

EDIT: I forgot Chris Eubank. Guy was incredible, amazing chin that you couldn't dent and KO power (unlike his son). Always rooted for him against Benn who I couldn't stand.

Last edited:
Are people just taking the piss now in this thread?

Back