Favorite boxer?

joe calzaghe

but as he's no longer fighting then i would have to say carl froch however much unliked he is by everybody else

Miguel Angel Cotto

i love his left hook. absolutely love it.

as well as appreciate his movement, physique, style, timing and power.

i just love seeing him in the ring.

and this new found vulnerability of his makes his fights even more dramatic and exciting.

new found? Cotto has been vulnerable since he went pro. I believe the reason is that his trainer tried to turn him into Tito. If you see his amateur fights, he is graceful.. he dances and flurries and dances some more.. the power is there but he's not dependent on it, and his defense is much better. Now he is dependent on his power and his graceful footwork is no more.

See Corley vs. Cotto.. that was exciting.

jorge paez
I got a free shot a couple of weeks ago when the bartender heard me talking about Paez. Would be great if we could see some fights on network television again. Got to see his fights even when I was at my grandma's house in the middle of nowhere.

old school: sweet pea, micky ward. for COMPLETLY different reasons

current: pacman

Mike Tyson was a god when I was a kid.

th

It's hard to pick one favorite but i'll go with Trinidad. He had technical skills but always came to fight and defined the term KO Artist for me.

8 year necro bump to point out you like mike Tyson. Nice.

Leonard, Duran, RJJ, Chico Corrales, DLH

too many to name.

past: tyson, duran, hearns

present: crawford, lomachenko, canelo

If he brutalises BJS, Willie Monroe Jr will definitely have a lasting place in my affections.

It's hard to pick one favorite but i'll go with Trinidad. He had technical skills but always came to fight and defined the term KO Artist for me.

My favorite fighter of all time followed by Juan Marquez

Back