Favorite BJJ Podcast?

peidro223

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I've checked out a few and unfortunately there seem to be a lot of fairly dry personalities out there on the mic as far as BJJ is concerned. Anyone out here have some favorites?

Bjj Brick is my number one. I also enjoy The Jiu Jitsu podcast and Big Jiu Jitsu podcast.

What do they talk about? Technique? Matches? Usually gi or no gi?

Inside bjj is a good one. They have good guests and bullshit and have some of the best banter in the business. @tf posts on here at times. Seriously check it out.

What do they talk about? Technique? Matches? Usually gi or no gi?

Big Jiu Jitsu talks about jiu jitsu and a bunch of other stuff.
The @BJJbrick does intro, interview, extra type of format. The two hosts are entertaining together and the interviews are generally fun with a jiu jitsu person or slant.
I think @Stephan Kesting does a podcast as well and he's always putting out quality stuff.

Inside BJJ because it's essentially just an excuse for tasteless banter with an MMA/BJJ/WWE theme.
Grapplearts - Kesting's podcase because, although infrequent, when it does happen it's actually quite informative.

I find most of the other BJJ podcasts too earnest and BJJ just aint that interesting to talk about IMO

There use to be more, but a few have shut down. The ones I listen to are Inside BJJ, The Grappling Center Podcast, BJJ Brick, and Joe Rogan.

Im a huge JRE fan and once in awhile, Ed bro will be on or a mma fighter. Bjj is conversation are not far behind.

The jocko podcast. He discusses jiujitsu, training, discipline, war history and more

Open Mat Radio is my favorite. Inside BJJ is better when Ernest isn't on (he tends to sidetrack the show w/too many masturbation jokes). Grappling Central isn't bad. The host can be a little dry and the audio quality can sometimes be rough but he gets a lot of good guests, stays on topic and tends to ask good questions.

Paul, the host of Open Mat has had some serious health issues over the last few years, so it's been a while since he did a show, but there's a pretty big back-log and even the older shows are still relevant. I've listened to his Danaher interview many times now and still get new things from it each time. I actually credit that podcast with getting me back into the BJJ and saving me from some very serious health problems of my own.

Grappling Central is pretty good, and I think it's getting better. I used to love Open Mat Radio, sorry to hear Paul is in poor health. Inside BJJ I think is better if you're based on the West Coast, they get a lot of local guys who are interesting but maybe less so if you're not familiar with them.

Kesting's podcast is my favorite. Another great one is ofc Open Mat Radio (do not confuse with On the Mat Radio).
Also check out Reddit's Subbed podcast. And Motus V with Nick the tooth has good topics as well.

If you enjoy InsideBJJ-type ramblings check out Verbal Tap.

Grappling central is good and to the point
Inside Bjj is ok but the 15 yo comedy gets old , quick
Rogan fight companion and regular podcast is good
Position impossible is great

I've only just started listing to podcasts, I'm all over this thread for tips.

However, what got me started was a guy called Daniel Strauss, he fought AJ Agazarm on Polaris. He does a podcast called the Raspberry Ape - it's about 10 or 12 episodes in, he's slowly getting round to speaking to a lot of the people that where here in the UK at the beginning of bjj and those that are respected here within the UK BJJ community.

As far as podcasts that regularly featurejJiu-jitsu talk, Jocko Podcast is far and away the best. He typically interviews some interesting war veteran, or discusses a book on the same subject. The later half of the show is usually Q&A, with plenty of jiu-jitsu in the mix.

Back