fastest kick and strongest kick?

ok because you wrote this i google and found he probably a pretty bad MT fighter, fighting out of Lumpini stadium, BUT what is your point? honest question

I was training at fairtex Muay Thai camp on the outskirts of Bangkok in 2005 when they just purchased him it's actually quite scary how hard his kicks are considering his size I'm not claiming he has the hardest kicks but if you where there witnessing them you would be pretty awestruck,in fact the collective sound of the Thais kicking the bags in the morning is deafening

I love how when some people get beat in an argument, they start using ad hominems in desperation.

my man.....i come to Sherdog forums when im in the mood for some amusement and brain dead entertainment. You my friend just made me learn a word :mad:

I was training at fairtex Muay Thai camp on the outskirts of Bangkok in 2005 when they just purchased him it's actually quite scary how hard his kicks are considering his size I'm not claiming he has the hardest kicks but if you where there witnessing them you would be pretty awestruck,in fact the collective sound of the Thais kicking the bags in the morning is deafening

Good info...now im jealous though. Thai fighters are bad and i freakn love the way they train. Hard and dont worry about shit except getting better and getting paid. I've been to Thailand a few times but never trained although im planning on changing that THIS year :icon_twis I'm ALWAYS awe struck about how well smaller guys fight. I live and train in Japan where the average guy is smaller than myself. My gym is MT based for the standup altohugh i do MMA there are guys in the gym that are just MT fighters they always impress the hell out of me. Just their size and their ability to still BANG...i cant wait to go to Thailand again! Think i'll go to Fairtex in Phuket maybe though, you know anytihng good or bad of that?

I have seen spinning back kicks make dudes fly like 3 feet in the air.

Definitely the strongest kick, whether they are accurate is another debate.

the spin adds power, why do you think shot putters spin around before tossing the ball? My knowledge of physics is pretty rudimentary, but I believe it has to do with the generation of centripetal force with the rotations.

IMO

fastest - front snap kick

powerful - tornado kick

Yeah I'd agree with the spinning back kick as most powerful and Teep/front kick as fastest.

I reckon the Thai roundhouse is best of both worlds. It's certainly powerful enough and if you're good, you can string three together for every one spinning back kick and have a better chance of landing them all :icon_twis

I'd have to disagree.

It's pretty damn strong. I've been held bags for TKD guys throwing it and it could easily give me broken ribs, or send me through a wall depending on where it landed.

yea that's a strong fucking kick. but i'd have to say roundhouse are much more effective and do more damage. the cut through flesh and pretty much kill lol

Good info...now im jealous though. Thai fighters are bad and i freakn love the way they train. Hard and dont worry about shit except getting better and getting paid. I've been to Thailand a few times but never trained although im planning on changing that THIS year :icon_twis I'm ALWAYS awe struck about how well smaller guys fight. I live and train in Japan where the average guy is smaller than myself. My gym is MT based for the standup altohugh i do MMA there are guys in the gym that are just MT fighters they always impress the hell out of me. Just their size and their ability to still BANG...i cant wait to go to Thailand again! Think i'll go to Fairtex in Phuket maybe though, you know anytihng good or bad of that?

There isnt a fairtex in puhket but theres one in Pattaya and bangplee (outskirts of Bangkok) there great camps but the one in pattaya is quite expensive and has many distractions being that pattaya is the foreigner sex capital of Thailand so unless your gay or have morals you would be spending more time fucking than training:icon_twis

I have seen spinning back kicks make dudes fly like 3 feet in the air.

Definitely the strongest kick, whether they are accurate is another debate.

the spin adds power, why do you think shot putters spin around before tossing the ball? My knowledge of physics is pretty rudimentary, but I believe it has to do with the generation of centripetal force with the rotations.

No it is not like the shot put, shot put uses centrifugal force whereas spinning back kick is linear. In this case the spin just extends the acceleration way and assists the impulse chain/kinetic linking. The back kick uses the strongest muscles of the body the glutei group and the quadriceps together, other kicks use lesser number of muscles. The long acceleration way, application of kinetic linking (limited in most kicks), linear angle helping putting the body weight in the kicking vector and the use of strong muscles make the kick the strongest.

There isnt a fairtex in puhket but theres one in Pattaya and bangplee (outskirts of Bangkok) there great camps but the one in pattaya is quite expensive and has many distractions being that pattaya is the foreigner sex capital of Thailand so unless your gay or have morals you would be spending more time fucking than training:icon_twis

oh ok i was looking at someplace in Phuket i dont remember maybe Tiger?! You're right about Pattaya which is precisely why im NOT going back LOL....

No it is not like the shot put, shot put uses centrifugal force whereas spinning back kick is linear. In this case the spin just extends the acceleration way and assists the impulse chain/kinetic linking. The back kick uses the strongest muscles of the body the glutei group and the quadriceps together, other kicks use lesser number of muscles. The long acceleration way, application of kinetic linking (limited in most kicks), linear angle helping putting the body weight in the kicking vector and the use of strong muscles make the kick the strongest.

The shot putters arm comes out in a linear fashion. The discus or hammer you might say is a better example of pure centrifugal force. I'd say the comparison between spinning back kick and spinning shot put is spot on.Both convert centrifugal to linear output.

oh ok i was looking at someplace in Phuket i dont remember maybe Tiger?! You're right about Pattaya which is precisely why im NOT going back LOL....

Yeah the one in phuket is tiger im going back to pattaya but my muay thai career is over lol

The shot putters arm comes out in a linear fashion. The discus or hammer you might say is a better example of pure centrifugal force. I'd say the comparison between spinning back kick and spinning shot put is spot on.Both convert centrifugal to linear output.

Sorry yeah you're right, I wrote it very early in the morning with no sleep and confused shot put with hammer throw. :redface: Shot put technique is also all about extention of acceleration way.

Hey I saw this thread and decided to sign up so I could try and answer the OP.

As far as fastest kicks go I have no idea but the other posters have cited both 60mph and 71mph so that covers that.

As for the strongest kick, I have seen Spinning back Kicks measured at 1500psi+ however suprizingly its not the strongest kick I've seen, that honor goes to the Gastrizein which is a kick found in Pankration, it looks similar to a front kick but utilizes the heel of the foot and generates 2000psi of power. It is a very quick kick too, as all front kicks are, and is extreely easy to utilize as you do not have to take your eyes off your opponent and you maintain good balance. So in summarry it is fast, accurate, esy to use and extremely powerful.

Hope this answers your question.

PS: By taking into account that its not just the kick but also the kicker, I think it would be safe to say that the strongest kick is either the Gastrizein the Muay Thai knee, or TKD's spinning back kick.

Note however, that although the most powerful kicks range from 1500psi to 2000psi the same numbers can be generated by Boxing Punches. So yeah, kicking isn't always the way to go.

round house would be the fastest and the spinning back kick (or side kick) would be the strongest in my honest opinion.

I always thought the fastest was an unwards lowkick like what Kozo Takeda does

ok because you wrote this i google and found he probably a pretty bad MT fighter, fighting out of Lumpini stadium, BUT what is your point? honest question

bad or badass?

because thats 2 different things

What kick is strongest or fastest is difficult to answer IMO. A lot depends on the individual. Physically speaking one would think that any kick delivered on a straight line has the potential to be the fastest. That means Teep/front =kick fast, round kick= not as fast and back kick= slow. But we all know that depends on the kicker and situation not the kick.

Strongest is a bit tricky also. A few have cited the back kick which I agree can be very powerful. But do we ever compare punches? What is the strongest punch? Most times these questions rely more on the circumstance than the technique, A back kick measured against a target that measures force may very well generate more force than a roundkick...I really can't say for sure. "BUT" that is a static or stationary target. Something to be taken into consideration with a live, human target is that he moves. Straight line attacks such as straight punches, front kicks, side or back kicks hit the target straight on. This means it has to rely on speed. It has to hit the target faster than the target can "give' or move away. This is how you break boards or even bricks. Everything has "give' or bends to a degree. Punch (or kick) faster than the target can give and it will break. So with that said, straight line attacks have the problem of the target moving away or even being "pushed" back (if your not fast enough) which isn't powerful at all. It may appear so...but it's not. That is my only concern with straight line attacks such as a back kick. Against a stationary target it may be powerful. Against a target that can be pushed away...maybe not as much. However, if you hit "across' the body it can't move away. If you angle a kick or punch it cuts across the body and actually crosses more muscle and can damage more with one shot. Punch a head straight on and maybe you bust a nose or blacken an eye or maybe nothing because the head moves back as you hit it. (moving away from the force). But hit it at an angle and maybe you break a few things. Maybe blacken an eye and break a cheek bone and loosen a tooth all in one shot. Punch or kick the midsection straight on and maybe you push it away or maybe fold it. Hit on an angle and you "cross' the body and it can't move away. Chop it down.

What is strongest is s tricky question. Against what target? Very situational. Some things in fighting may be considered as having "potential" strength.

Of course this is all only my opinion:D

round house would be the fastest and the spinning back kick (or side kick) would be the strongest in my honest opinion.

Spinning back kick generates around 1500psi, a Muay Thai knee strike generates around 2500psi, a Gastrizein generates around 2000psi and a Straight Right (Boxing) generates around 2000psi (all these are pretty much top of the range numbers). A side kick only generates around 450psi, definately not the strongest.

Basically any kick that involves you leaving the ground is going to generate a lot LESS force than one where you are firmly grounded, and kicks such as side kick where your grounded leg is vertical add little foward force, leaving the kicking leg to generate all the power.

I still have to say, although the Muay Thai knee strike generates 500psi more, I'd still like to give the Strongest kick title to the Gastrizein just because it is so quick, powerful accurate and easy to employ.

Back