fastest kick and strongest kick?

Me, held pads? Of course NOT, im an internet warrior!!
I guess i'll think outside the box here and think about joining a gym instead of basing my answers off wikepidia or holding pads for some McDojo guys. Thanks for the advice :icon_twis

I hate to point this out but McDojo guy who actually trains > Internet Warrior any day :D

I have trained in TKD for 5+ years, hell i was training for the olympics at one point, and now i've been training straight muay thai for about 2years.

The spinning back kick may very well be the most powerful kick the human body can generate...

but as far as consistently damaging your opponent it cant compare to the thai roundhouse, well not just thai.... the roundhouse in general to be honest. That is, in terms of probability of landing the technique and how often you can land it based on how many times you throw it.

A spinning back kick to the solar plexus could easily end a fight, but do you know how hard it would be to land a solid few in a live kickboxing match?

A roundhouse may not be as powerful, but a decent powered roundkick to the liver will put your opponent down writhing in pain, he will even be sick for a few days afterwards.

Muay thai is by no means the ultimate standup style, but it is very complete, it is almost a "pick up and play" art. In my opinion, it lacks footwork and fluidity of punch kick combinations, something Savate and American kickboxing are well known for. It also sometimes lacks sophisticated punch defense and tactics. What alot of people call "hands".

In muay thai, every strike(kick) that is thrown, is to be thrown will 100% power, unless it is a feint. This is muay thai's strength, as well as it's weakness.

This really got me to thinking, and going outside my own styles to learn about other arts and integrate it into my style. I will always be open minded no matter what, because without that i wont be able to grow as a martial artist. I took a page out of Bruce lee's book.

Don't know why i started going off like that, but yeah anyway, as far as raw power goes, its probably the spinning back kick.

Fastest: snap kick to the groin

Strongest: Axe Kick from the roof of a tall building.

Round house as the fastest, as for strongest i'd say spin thrust kick.

I have trained in TKD for 5+ years, hell i was training for the olympics at one point, and now i've been training straight muay thai for about 2years.

The spinning back kick may very well be the most powerful kick the human body can generate...

but as far as consistently damaging your opponent it cant compare to the thai roundhouse, well not just thai.... the roundhouse in general to be honest. That is, in terms of probability of landing the technique and how often you can land it based on how many times you throw it.

A spinning back kick to the solar plexus could easily end a fight, but do you know how hard it would be to land a solid few in a live kickboxing match?

A roundhouse may not be as powerful, but a decent powered roundkick to the liver will put your opponent down writhing in pain, he will even be sick for a few days afterwards.

Muay thai is by no means the ultimate standup style, but it is very complete, it is almost a "pick up and play" art. In my opinion, it lacks footwork and fluidity of punch kick combinations, something Savate and American kickboxing are well known for. It also sometimes lacks sophisticated punch defense and tactics. What alot of people call "hands".

In muay thai, every strike(kick) that is thrown, is to be thrown will 100% power, unless it is a feint. This is muay thai's strength, as well as it's weakness.

This really got me to thinking, and going outside my own styles to learn about other arts and integrate it into my style. I will always be open minded no matter what, because without that i wont be able to grow as a martial artist. I took a page out of Bruce lee's book.

Don't know why i started going off like that, but yeah anyway, as far as raw power goes, its probably the spinning back kick.

Hey man i was being a little sarcastic in my other threads BUT....in sincerity +1 for you!!

I've taken some TKD (very short time) and do MT now amongst other things (shooto gym)...I think as soon as you think you have the most dominant (ultara) form/techniques at that point..your career is about over! my .02

did'nt mean types of kick, ment like how many mph or some other messurement of speed can some body throw a kick, as for power the guy that mentioed bas rutetten kick you was like geting in a car wreak had right idea of what i was asking but would perfer a more acurate messure like how much force it generates,sounds like bas's kicks are pretty strong if it's compairable to a car wreak,but howed they come up with these?

Fastest kick is allegedly Bill Wallace, hence the nickname, has been measured at 60 mph.

I'm gonnna guess and say that Cro cop has the most powerful round house overall and Baukaw pound for pound, with regards to spinning back kick I never see anyone consistently land them so fuck knows who

60 mph that's amazing,thanks that's kind what i was looking for, about samkor, do you know if the ever measured how much force his kicks hit with?

Yeah, even though he's old and looks like a tanned version of people's grandads he could still probably whoop my ass sparring with strikes or throws since he was at one point a respected judoka.

As for Samkor I'm not sure if they ever measured his speed or force with any scientific instruments but many Thai's believe his kicks to be the strongest of people who still sometimes compete (some would say Dieselnoi but I think his knees were far greater then his legs because of his height). He was in the same weight class as Buakaw and many feel he was the obstacle that Buakaw couldn't overcome...but the evdence for his leg strength is gathered from his opponents and trainers. Sort of how everyone says that Foreman, Shavers, Tyson and Lewis were the hardest hitters of their time because everyone who faced them said they had never been hit so hard...

Hey man i was being a little sarcastic in my other threads BUT....in sincerity +1 for you!!

I've taken some TKD (very short time) and do MT now amongst other things (shooto gym)...I think as soon as you think you have the most dominant (ultara) form/techniques at that point..your career is about over! my .02

cool, which gym you train at over there in japan?

Yes, I have. Have you?

People need to think with their heads, outside the box, and yes, outside the gym. I know it's a real shot to the nuts to hear that the thai kick isn't always the end all as far as power is concerned, but it's the truth.

+1.

i've held pads for both thai kicks and spinning back kicks. there is no comparison. we are talking about the strongest kicks, not the most damaging kicks. obviously a kick to the head is going to do way more damage than a kick to the midsection, but strength wise, spinning back kick.

cool, which gym you train at over there in japan?

I actually train at 2 now but the main one and the one i've been at the longest is STG Hakkie. It's pretty good i have my complaints but honestly its CLOSE to home so it kind of ensures i go everyday and put my time in. I can drive and park at the gym +10 in japan because that's rare.
There are better gyms (more pro fighters belonging) towards yokohama and definately in tokyo but the travel and time can be difficult not to mention riding a train back JAMMED pack full of people after you've slaved in the gym for hours isn't pleasant. I get some pretty quality training where im at though ;)

Bill wallace was fast but i think the guy from the movie bloodsport kicked 71mph if im not mistaken.
Oh and im not talking about Van Damme
im talking about the guy in real life that the movie was made after Frank Duxx (however u spell his name)

muay kicks>TKD kicks.

are you joking me?
I deffinately laughed when I read this, sherdogs so funny.

muay kicks>TKD kicks.

are you joking me?
I deffinately laughed when I read this, sherdogs so funny.

obviously there are SOO many TKD guys that compete.....wait is there even one that fightins in anyMMA or K-1 events?

I love how when some people get beat in an argument, they start using ad hominems in desperation.

Back