fastest kick and strongest kick?

dragon master

White Belt
Reaction score
was wondering whats the record for fastest and strongest kicks, have tried looking it up and can't find much:icon_cry2, so have you guys herd of any records for this?

Getting kicked by bas rutten is like getting in a serious car crash. saw that on fight science. I don't know how they would really measure speed though... and only a couple guys got the oppurtunity to hit/kick the dummy on fight science, so its hard to tell.

Strongest-probably a spinning back kick

Fastest-probably a roundhouse

Strongest-probably a spinning back kick

Fastest-probably a roundhouse

I really dont know but im going to go on a limb here and say that spinning back kick is really NOT the strongest.....

speed and power could mean alot of things when it comes to martial arts. so many variables.

Getting kicked by bas rutten is like getting in a serious car crash. saw that on fight science. I don't know how they would really measure speed though... and only a couple guys got the oppurtunity to hit/kick the dummy on fight science, so its hard to tell.

that show is such a bunch of bs, they were putting a lot of biasy towards mma fighters and skewing the results

I really dont know but im going to go on a limb here and say that spinning back kick is really NOT the strongest.....

I'd have to disagree.

It's pretty damn strong. I've been held bags for TKD guys throwing it and it could easily give me broken ribs, or send me through a wall depending on where it landed.

I doubt that a spinning back kick has the same destructive power of a thai roundhouse to the midsection. The mechanics of the kick kind of limit it.

I agree with the roundhouse being the fastest and the spinning back kick being the strongest.

The muay thai roundhouse i'd imagine being the best of both worlds. I watched a fight science that said a knee to the sternum from the clinch was the hardest "kick".

I'd have to disagree.

It's pretty damn strong. I've been held bags for TKD guys throwing it and it could easily give me broken ribs, or send me through a wall depending on where it landed.

Have you ever held a pair of Thai pads??

Back kick is the strongest possible strike a human body can generate. The fastest kick that is still somewhat effective would be a front kick or teep.

Please do NOT mention fight science, that show is full of bullshit and is absolutely unscientific. The first show was a pseudo scientific flapidiflap and the second is just an aggravated assault, it was just painfull to watch.

Yeah I'm going for a spinning back kick as the most powerfull and a front kick as the fastest.
And I agree that fight science isn't very scientific at all, but it's still entertaining.

did'nt mean types of kick, ment like how many mph or some other messurement of speed can some body throw a kick, as for power the guy that mentioed bas rutetten kick you was like geting in a car wreak had right idea of what i was asking but would perfer a more acurate messure like how much force it generates,sounds like bas's kicks are pretty strong if it's compairable to a car wreak,but howed they come up with these?

Have you ever held a pair of Thai pads??

Yes, I have. Have you?

People need to think with their heads, outside the box, and yes, outside the gym. I know it's a real shot to the nuts to hear that the thai kick isn't always the end all as far as power is concerned, but it's the truth.

The only one that pops into mind is Bill Wallace, whenever he's at our tourney's they always mention that his kicks were clocked over 60 mph, guys really old now though but our instructors say that when they were able to spar him he had great control and could lightly flip your hair or on the other side break a grill or cup....

As for muay thai I've always heard that Samkor had the strongest kick...

The only one that pops into mind is Bill Wallace, whenever he's at our tourney's they always mention that his kicks were clocked over 60 mph, guys really old now though but our instructors say that when they were able to spar him he had great control and could lightly flip your hair or on the other side break a grill or cup....

As for muay thai I've always heard that Samkor had the strongest kick...
60 mph that's amazing,thanks that's kind what i was looking for, about samkor, do you know if the ever measured how much force his kicks hit with?

Yes, I have. Have you?

People need to think with their heads, outside the box, and yes, outside the gym. I know it's a real shot to the nuts to hear that the thai kick isn't always the end all as far as power is concerned, but it's the truth.

Me, held pads? Of course NOT, im an internet warrior!!
I guess i'll think outside the box here and think about joining a gym instead of basing my answers off wikepidia or holding pads for some McDojo guys. Thanks for the advice :icon_twis

Back