Fastest falls from grace in MMA?

Man, Bob Sapp was actually good in both MMA and Kickboxing... He was far from the best, but I don't know why he's been reduced to that.

Business choice. Has probably had a longer career, and making more money, throwing fights like he does than he ever would have fighting legitimately, not to mention being much less likely to be seriously injured.

Todd Duffee.
Magazine cover as the coming thing, Hammer fist of doom before it hit the stands and his looking for a new job.

dont really agree with chuck, he was overrted to start with and he had a hell of a career so going down at the end is nothing to be embarresed about. I have to say Big Nog, he was in his Prime, the champ and best pfp then got totally demolished by an unknown Fedor, so much so that japanese commentator chick was in tears at the "great champion being totally taken apart"

wish more clips of that 5 seconds were around.

I don't really see that as a fall from grace, being the number two isnt a HUGE fall, he had some great wins on his way to a rematch, and even after losing that he's raked up some decent wins (werdum, barnett, Herring, tim, couture).

Alistair Overeem - The hype behind him coming into the UFC was wild, fought Lesnar and proved he was pretty legit to the doubters, gets busted for steriods, gets KTFO against Bigfoot. The uberreem hype train seems to be pretty dead.

I wouldn't write him off just yet. He beat Brock and although he lost to Bigfoot I'm convinced he's the better fighter so he's still at that level.

Chris Weidman

Really, Houston Alexander, though he didn't fall as far as others.

yeah, alexander had some serious hype behind him, i was gonna say him.

and liddell doesn't belong in the discussion, that was just the tail end of a great career.

No mention of Joe Daddy?

Got rnc'd so hard blood squirted out of his forehead and then he never really recovered. Went from LW champ to barely being able to beat no names.

you do know that you don't win a fight for being RNC'd?

Definitely Crocop, no idea how anyone goes from winning the Pride openweight GP to losing every aspect of their striking game beyond the speed/power of the actual strikes themselves.

Dan Hardy hit a pretty hard slump after his title shot, although seems to be bouncing back (aside from the hear condition).

Kid Yamamoto, too, used to be a downright killer. After the elbow injury it seems like it was all down hill.

It's gotta be Fedor. He went from the king of the world, to losing two fights in a row to guys who should have been easy style matchups for him, and a third to a middleweight/LHW.

I gotta go with this. Watching him fight Brett Rogers, I thought he was going to lose until he pulled that k.o. out of his back pocket. Right then and there I had a bad feeling his transfer to the cage wasn't going to be easy for him.

Huerta is the proper answer : Went from SI cover to ....wherever they will pay him since he's not making any $ doing movies .

Glad someone added The Dean of Mean. Wish I could fine the article where one of the Sherdog staffers wrote an article and declared that Keith Jardine would be the LHW champ within 2 years. As a fellow ugly man, I was rooting for him

David Loiseau: those elbows and the way he could escape anyone on his back. He was legit. Now cannot win a fight on the big stage. I liked him

What Arlovski are you watching? He's one of the few guys who has got his chin back. Took a punch from Rumble that only broke his jaw (when previously he would have been like a wet blanket on the canvas)

I'd say its more that he's taking punches from mere mortals these days rather than the likes of Fedor and Sergei.

In Sapp's case I don't think its so much that he had no chin/heart as Crocop stole it from him, the Sapp that beat Hoost walked though a ton of punches, after having his face broken though he seem to realise just how badly he could get hurt.

hermes franca... think back... he was good post gang bang rape..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back