Fastest boxer of all time? Who is it?

I remember a story I heard that for the Carbajal/Chiquita fight, think it was the first one, Arum paid them a mil apiece, making them the first guys that small too get a 7 figure payday, just to try to get more public attention to the fight b/c nobody gave a shit. It is sad, tho, a lot of great fighters in the small classes that get overlooked.
I think it was just Carbajal that got a million.

There's this cool boxer from Japan called Inoue who's quite fast

I think it was just Carbajal that got a million.
You're probably right. I heard this story years ago, it went something like that, tho, but my memory is hazy at best so I'll take your word for it.

both are fast but I keep bringing up punch distance, when a guy throws a punch that travels 8 inches, that is going to make it faster than the same guy throwing a punch a distance of a foot and a half. It's a consideration to take in. Roy threw long looping punches a lot of the time , pacquiao, Tyson, both generally threw very short punches when we go 'wow, that shit was fast", it's a combination of speed, coordination, and throwing short punches, you watch many or Tyson on the bag, both do that rhythmic drumroll type thing on it but they also do not extend those punches or even bring them all the way back to full guard. Manny in particular, throws his punches like a wing chun gung fu type of guy, really short, which was great, i'm not knocking him, he was still freakishly fast and had the most stamina doing that of any human being I ever saw, I still can't say he's faster than Camacho who threw his punches with classic form and was still a blur.
I think your comparison of the fighters is slightly wrong. The reason they threw punches like that was also due to the hight of the fighters. Pacman and tyson were shorter, pressure fighters, and alot of fights they threw so much in volume punches.

There's a video somewhere saying Amir Khan is the fastest boxer now.

I think your comparison of the fighters is slightly wrong. The reason they threw punches like that was also due to the hight of the fighters. Pacman and tyson were shorter, pressure fighters, and alot of fights they threw so much in volume punches.
I'm taking in their shorter arms too, pac has what? 68 inch reach? Tyson had about 72, the shortest since any heavyweight champ since marciano, bodytype, armlength, punching style, all factors in how rapidly they threw punches and yes, they were freakishly gifted with speed too, and in Pac's case, insane stamina, i'd still make him the favorite to beat Mayweather if the fight took place 8 years earlier.

P4P it has to be jones. All he had was speed and he was unbeatable for nearly 20 years because of it.

TS should've specified P4P or absolute. Naturally, the smaller guys will have faster hands. I responded to this quote from him with a Featherweight regarded today as the fastest (in terms of hand speed, not foot speed or reflexes) in pro boxing. Blunt beat me to it.

What about the featherweights etc any of them as fast as RJJ n Pacman?

Roy Jones Jr. has always had my vote for being the craziest freak due to his combination of speed, power and fast reflexes. But, that's covering more than just hand speed. P4P he's probably the fastest, at the very least, he's in the top 3 in boxing history.

I'm taking in their shorter arms too, pac has what? 68 inch reach? Tyson had about 72, the shortest since any heavyweight champ since marciano, bodytype, armlength, punching style, all factors in how rapidly they threw punches and yes, they were freakishly gifted with speed too, and in Pac's case, insane stamina, i'd still make him the favorite to beat Mayweather if the fight took place 8 years earlier.
I agree that pac would've beat him, if they fought earlier than what they did. Pac to me was still the fastest, then Jones.

Sugar Ray Leonard
i used to have boxing mags where sugar ray leonard said camacho had faster hands than him. he may have said that on some of the networks too, i can't remember. What I didn't know at the time was that after first being a huge supporter of Camacho, that they became enemies of a sort as macho became a huge star, i heard that they would bicker off air at each other.

I agree that pac would've beat him, if they fought earlier than what they did. Pac to me was still the fastest, then Jones.
pac was phenomenal.

There's this cool boxer from Japan called Inoue who's quite fast
yea he is fast but its kind of like everybody is fast at the highest levels in the lower weight classes its hard to say whether he is faster then iota for example. watch ioka's body shot ko over Oleydong thats what got me to add the iota to my sig way back when.
Compared to Yaegashi who is clearly a step faster then the other guys at the lower weights.
He's also the real holder of the longest undefeated record in boxing history. Not Rocky nor Floyd.

1 draw is not getting defeated.
honestly i put that streak to SRR his run of 90 undefeated is the real streak to beat.
Not trying to take anything away from Finito

Not to divert the thread but i completely disagree.
The fight could have been more competitive but Pac wasn't winning that fight.

honestly i put that streak to SRR his run of 90 undefeated is the real streak to beat.
Not trying to take anything away from Finito
First of all, SRR has never went undefeated for 90 pro fights, no idea where u got that from.
Second of all, there's a reason I didn't say streak, but [entire]record, that is held by JCC, 89-0-1 in 13 years. Might be who u confused him with somehow.

Yes, I pick my semantics wisely.

from
First of all, SRR has never went undefeated for 90 pro fights, no idea where u got that from.
Second of all, there's a reason I didn't say streak, but [entire]record, that is held by JCC, 89-0-1 in 13 years. Might be who u confused him with somehow.

from 1943 to 1951 SRR went unbeaten amassing over 90 victories without losing. thats the streak that matters IMO

ahh fucked me up with the semantics.
i don't value unbeaten records at all, streaks based on quality are what matters to me

from

from 1943 to 1951 SRR went unbeaten amassing over 90 victories without losing. thats the streak that matters IMO
HE DID NOT!
usaing wins and draws as units:
128 - 41 = 87 undefeated streak(both the wins and draws in year range u mentioned)
That is most certainly not "over 90 victories" even if u count the NC he had in between, it's still not 90 macthes...

ahh you're right i got Dekkered
i just box reced it (don't let your fedora rustle) i still find his non losing streak more impressive then rocky, finito or Floyds unbeaten record.

Back