Fastest belt loss in UFC?

Calipwnia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
i hope GSP breaks this record also. It was fun pretending that GSP would have this amazing MW run but he was never up for it.

In before 13 seconds.

Meaning shortest title reigns?

How far apart was Belfort losing to couture?

Also Germaine de ramady stripped pretty fast

Carla Esparza had her belt for 92 days before losing it to Jedrzejczyk.

That's the *second shortest title reign in UFC history.

Edit: Since posting this one hour ago, we have a new shortest title reign in UFC history:

Georges St-Pierre as the Middleweight Champion - 33 days. Vacated due to illness.

Last edited:
Carla Esparza had her belt for 92 days before losing it to Jedrzejczyk.

That's the shortest title reign in UFC history.

Josh Barnett tested positive and was stripped 1 month after winning the UFC HW title.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the shortest.

Josh Barnett tested positive and was stripped 1 month after winning the UFC HW title.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the shortest.
He won it in March and was stripped in July of 02, a span of 126 days, according to my data.

First source I could find: https://www.newsday.com/sports/mixe...pions-heavyweight-division-history-1.12082979

"At UFC 36 on March 22, 2002, Josh Barnett was able to out-wrestle Couture in the second round of their title bout and finish the champion with strikes for the TKO. Barnett was named champion, but he failed a post-fight drug test for anabolic steroids and was stripped of the belt in July of that year before leaving the UFC to fight in Japan."

I was implying how many days they were "champ" before being stripped or losing the belt in a fight.

I know. I figured the first response would be someone gobbling Irish dong.

He won it in March and was stripped in July of 02, a span of 126 days, according to my data.

First source I could find: https://www.newsday.com/sports/mixe...pions-heavyweight-division-history-1.12082979

"At UFC 36 on March 22, 2002, Josh Barnett was able to out-wrestle Couture in the second round of their title bout and finish the champion with strikes for the TKO. Barnett was named champion, but he failed a post-fight drug test for anabolic steroids and was stripped of the belt in July of that year before leaving the UFC to fight in Japan."

I thought it was a month, but you could be right. I'm going off ancient memory

Jon Jones beating DC and then getting stripped. Thats the record

Jon Jones beating DC and then getting stripped. Thats the record
That title reign is not recognised though and the fight is changed to a no contest, unlike Barnett and his victory over Randy for some reason.

MG_8941.jpg

Why is everyone avoiding the answer the shortest reign is GSPs middleweight one. November 4 - December 7. Thats shorter than Jon Jones, GDR, Josh Barnett, just face it its the shortest one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back