Fast head kicks. Speed training.

thank you. and what do you do to train for good balance?

Just being a kicker i guess. I have always liked kicks much more then other strikes. So i have tried most major kicking styles for longer periodes to understand the kicks from each styles. Except taekwondo with i never tried for a long periode.

Muay thai
Nothern kung fu
Capoeira

Also stretching every day. No secret techniques. Just normal light stretching.

And slow motion kicking. I think that really help balance and flexibility. Slow motion kicks in shadowboxing or light spar/drills

how do you not break your foot when kicking in this style?

@Frode Falch you ever threw a headkick with boots on?
i tried it once in a fight and it didn't work well

26002713-HERO

Soccer kick when they're on the ground is a "headkick" variation

what is the placement? please share
From the waist up is pretty safe to throw with the instep. The bones in your feet are not as frigile as muay thai gurus would have you believe and a good TKD program, and im assuming karate program, your feet will get contioned from bag and paddle work.

Also traditional styles like TKD are about creating and finding openings to exploit using footwork. Rather that blasting openings through your opponents defense with heavy pounding kicks, knees and elbows.

@MaxMMA

I agree with the second part, but not with the first.

-Instep, toes or ankle against an elbow, is very bad news (and if you put in the mix a shin/knee check for mid kick, its even worst)
-From my experience, in TKD, the bag work done is not enough to condition the feet. It's not the most used training method.
-Hell, you even see kick-boxers with "weak" shins from low quantity/quality conditioning.
-TKD uses foot guard. ITF big ones, since the hands are more often up to protect the chin from punches, so you tag the elbow a lot more often than WTF with both their hands down. But even they use instep protectors...

So for me, it's TKD instep kick to the head, MT shin kick to the body,leg... Some times I might try a risky kick with the ball of the foot to the liver, but only if i see a big, slow opening.

I don't have a clue about instep conditioning in karate though...

I was just thinking the same thing. When kicking to the head it doesnt take much power to ko someone. I ko a sparring partner by mistake by basically slapping him with my foot. I threw a half assed head kick expecting him to block it, and for some reason he dropped his hands, I saw that, saw that the kick was going to land, and pulled it the best I could. My foot caught him right on the cheek and dropped him.

I kinda like the fast short head kicks over the full motion thai kicks.

Thai kicks for the legs and body. Snap kicks for the head. Most of the time.

I dont kick the arms

i just subscribed to your channel. I would like to learn to kick like this as well. You dont kick the arms. Where do you kick when kicking like this? I have tried it only to end up hurting myself. The only place I can think to kick like this would be the head. I have only done muay thai. I have a very hard time snapping my head kick instead of swinging it.

Okay instep . I almost broke my foot kicking pads with top of my foot by accident.
From the waist up is pretty safe to throw with the instep. The bones in your feet are not as frigile as muay thai gurus would have you believe and a good TKD program, and im assuming karate program, your feet will get contioned from bag and paddle work.

Also traditional styles like TKD are about creating and finding openings to exploit using footwork. Rather that blasting openings through your opponents defense with heavy pounding kicks, knees and elbows.

I have a very hard time snapping my head kick instead of swinging it.

That's exactly my issue. I end up swinging into the snap rather than just bringing the leg straight out in a nice straight line and snapping. I guess for me I am not flexible enough.

That's exactly my issue. I end up swinging into the snap rather than just bringing the leg straight out in a nice straight line and snapping. I guess for me I am not flexible enough.

It's just a matter of drilling, this is a tkd/karate style kick, a lot different than you traditional MT kick. There are a lot of different drills, and conditioning routines that a TKD/Karate coach will make you do to develop your technique for this style of kicking.

I wouldn't advise just watching these videos and then winging your own routine to try to develop this technique.

I wouldn't advise just watching these videos and then winging your own routine to try to develop this technique.

me neither but damn TKD classes are like $185 around here is that normal?

Back