FARGO Season 3 (The UFO is Back!) | Page 14

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, May 20, 2016.

1. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia

[​IMG]

lecter likes this.
  2. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

He's a glutton, that's part of the point with the eating disorder imo. I think the other point is destruction -he spits things back out worse off than they were going in. My take anyways. He's a terrific villain in so many ways. They cast the perfect guy to play him too.

My only issues with this season so far are the pacing -long stretches without seeing certain characters- and the fact that only some of the main characters are interesting to me. Varga, his two Hitmen, Ray and Nikki are by far and away the most interesting. Sy is entertaining and is well acted, but his character is kind of meh. Same goes for Emmit and the female cop (can't even commit her name to memory yet lol).

That said, they're starting to do a good job of laying the story out and letting it develop. I remember reading gripes during season 2 as well that were sort of in line with this. Tho, looking back I'd say season 2 was paced very well and played out very much note for note consistently.

Tobago Jones and Lights Out 101 like this.
  3. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

[​IMG]

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  4. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia
    That gif reminds me how stupid that season was

Ted Danson was great & so were the main couple. Started off good.

Then the plot quickly went off the rails after about 3 episodes, the whole thing turned into style over substance, like it was trying too hard to be cool. By the time it got to the end, the UFO, the native dude having facial surgery... it was pure retardation

lecter, Gavster and Lights Out 101 like this.
  5. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

On the flip side, I don't hate the 1st season, just didn't find it as entertaining as the 2nd. It has the feel of a show that was trying to figure out what it was going to be but wasn't quite sure yet. And outside of BBT, I absolutely hated the casting. Terrible casting that season. They've knocked it out of the park these last 2 seasons tho.

Varga better win every award available come time. That dude is making this show his bitch. Winstead is doing a great job too .

Peteyandjia likes this.
  6. OMGstreetfight I like money

OMGstreetfight
    The montages in season two were incredible. I can't find the opening to season 2 episode 10, but that was by far the best opening of the whole season. The music. The fucking music was so great that season.
    Jethro Tull!!!!!

7. JadeOwl Yellow Card

JadeOwl
    So I guess this is the right time to let you guys now that 5 days ago she announced she is divorcing her husband.;):p

Hopefully the divorce being amicable means she will still do that martial arts movie with him.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 2:56 PM
    lecter likes this.
  8. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia
    It's really none of our business.

And to be honest, I think it's a little pathetic that you think we would care about a celebrity's personal life so much, that you felt like you needed to report to us about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

lol

'They' didn't decide to move on, 'she' decided to move on.

Agent Mulder's Hair likes this.
  10. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Really thought they killed Nikki. Glad she's still alive.

Lol at Sy Feltz. When he asked to be "unshackled," we were all wondering what drastic measures he'd take. They even hinted that he might kill Nikki. But his "unshackled" apparently meant a $40k offer to the couple to go away.

I also am amused and kinda feel bad for Sy. Varga thinks he is colluding with Ray & Nikki, and he's probably going to be killed just for that. Also, Ray & Nikki probably think that Sy ordered the beatdown on Nikki in which a physical retaliation might be coming to Sy.

Varga is consistently terrific. Can't wait to see him and his crew get their comeuppance.

Shea Whigham is also great as the new Chief. Every protagonist needs a good foil and he fills that role very well.

11. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia
    Arnold Rothstein is fucking killing it as Sy. He's hilarious.

Agree, Nucky's brother is also cracking me up in every scene he's in as the completely fucking useless chief, who always has an irrelevant story to answer everything, lol.

And yeah Varga is great. He's like a scary mobster, crossed with Salad Fingers. Creepy as fuck.

This season is whupping ass so far

12. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

lol @ Eli. They threw me off tho with that balloon story because it was actually relevant to his point. I was expecting him to get the 50 yard stare and tell a completely irrelevant war story like Walter in The Big Lebowski talking about Nam all the time haha.

Peteyandjia likes this.
  13. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

They did a great job on that scene. Only showing Sy's facial expressions mixed with the audio of the beat down. Even tho I knew better, I thought they actually killed her too. This does remind me of another thing I'm not crazy about this season -there's no one that is equally capable on the opposite end of the bad guys. In season 2 you had Mulligan and his dudes Vs the rival brothers in the opposing faction. Then, you had 2 very different but very capable cops in Danson and his son in law. All strong characters in their own right. All very capable.

This season is loaded with a bunch of weak flawed characters that only seem to win by either backing into it or being underestimated. I kind of don't dig that personally.

That said, it's a small criticism really because I'm loving the season overall so far.

14. JadeOwl Yellow Card

JadeOwl
    I would say it is still premature to say that, on account that so far nobody on either faction has won anything.

Unless you're counting Ray stealing the $10,000 from the bank.

And here I was going to go home tonight and make a gif of Nikki in those jeans, since unlike the bathtub scene, that can be posted here. :rolleyes:

15. AGGAMEMNON66 -----------Villain-----------

AGGAMEMNON66

Nah, I feel it's a pretty safe bet after their introductions. Ray isnt a badass, Sy, Emmit and the female cop aren't either. Nikki has the wild card feel about her but she is just this season's Peggy imo.

There's no Lou, Hank or even Hanzee in this season -and that sort of makes sense because this season isn't a gang war. But still, it would be nice if there was a little menace/danger in an equal fashion towards Varga and his men in one of the other main characters. But there isn't.

It's obvious Varga and his henchmen will be taken down -if it even happens- by them under estimating a character or a character being saved by some random chance thing while encountering them. None of these characters can just say enough is enough and go toe to toe with them and win tho. Nikki has the brains to do it, and I think that's why she's still around, but she needs help.

For example, Lou from season 2 would be very capable and Yuri and his little buddy would have to respect him as a threat. This seasons cop? Nope. They'll laugh her off and maybe get caught off guard by her -underestimation. There's no character I'm sitting here waiting for the episode where they finally run into that character if you know what I mean. That tension doesn't exist in this season.

Basically this:

[​IMG]

Isn't happening this season.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 7:34 PM
  16. SaigeVanZant Blue Belt

SaigeVanZant
    They're fornicating with the cook wear

AndersonsFoot likes this.
  17. JadeOwl Yellow Card

JadeOwl
    Ok, how did I do?

18. AndersonsFoot Brown Belt

AndersonsFoot
    This season is great. MEW has a great ass. That's all I've got for now.

19. Agent Mulder's Hair Brown Belt

Agent Mulder's Hair

Yeah that dude got an ipad for sure

20. HereticBD Gold Belt

HereticBD
    Yeah, I was a little disappointed at the same time though. Not sure what the point of putting her in that situation was. They teased her death really emphatically too, with her screams slowly being silenced, and the amount of punishment she took. All to just wind up with some bruises on her ribs? I guess the scene itself irked me, more than anything. It seemed like a pointless tease.