FARGO Season 3 (The UFO is Back!) | Page 12

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, May 20, 2016.

1. OMGstreetfight I like money

OMGstreetfight
    Billy's back! Well, vocally that is.

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  2. The Diplomat Hard Times

The Diplomat
    Finally got caught up to the latest episode.

I'm liking this season so far. They do the quirky tension really well.

I think Ennis might have seen a UFO in the 1970's, possibly (or not) the same one from season 2 in 1979, and moves to the midwest to get away from everything, not knowing it was there as well. He moved to Eden Valley in 1980.

I really like this show though. First two seasons were great, and this is just as entertaining. Ewan McGregor is doing an awesome job with the dual roles.

Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  3. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Latest (4th) episode was good. I love the character musical cues format of this episode. Great replay value just to listen to some of the subtle character scores and how their music mingles when different characters meet.

4. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    For a moment there, I thought Winnie Lopez was crushing/stalker-ing Gloria. So glad that the investigation finally got a breakthrough.

David Thewlis as Varga is just amazing. Every scene he appears in is riveting. Ewan McGregor and Michael Stuhlbarg are great as well.

If I'm comparing this to the past two seasons of Fargo, it's not quite there yet. After the first four episodes of seasons 1 and 2, I was already proclaiming them one of the best shows on TV at that time. This season has been good, but it's just not to that place yet.

5. The Diplomat Hard Times

The Diplomat
    I think saturation has to do with it, as well. The first brought us back to Fargo, ND and the second was still fresh with a really good story and great characters (Mike Milligan is one of my favorite characters). This one is great too, but while it's sort of the theme of the Fargo universe, we've kinda already seen the "woman cop in the midwest solves the case/dopey man with manipulating girlfriend/chaos" story multiple times now.

6. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    I think it also has to do with the first four episodes of seasons 1 and 2 had a healthy dose of action, suspense and violence.

7. DaleBoca Red Belt

DaleBoca
    UFO? What UFO? I didn't see a UFO...

Really enjoyable season. I loved seasons 1-2 and this has been great, don't cha kno?

8. Lights Out 101 Green Belt

Lights Out 101
    Varga suffering from an eating disorder is a very strange trait for someone as subtley menacing as him. I wonder if that'll somehow play in to his probable demise by the end of the season? Maybe the writers wanted to show that he is indeed flawed and has a weakness just like the rest of us, or maybe it was just a way to expand on his character.

9. fingercuffs Plutonium Belt

fingercuffs
    3rd pissed me off. Love it still but was there any real point other than the realisation? Please help if there was.

4th oh my gawd i love ewan being cast.

10. Dr Curtis Love Orange Belt

Dr Curtis Love
    Maybe it has something to do with appearances. He indulges like a rich man, but quickly vomits it up so he doesn't get fat and show that he's rich, since being fat is traditionally a sign of wealth. Same with the teeth, a rich man wouldn't have nice teeth. Lol just spitballing. Shit, maybe he's an alien and can't eat people food.

11. Lights Out 101 Green Belt

Lights Out 101
    That's possible. He could work-out if he doesn't want to to put the weight on, but I guess he wouldn't have the time with his criminal activities. Varga has been shown as an extremely controlling villain thus far so it's interesting how he can't even control his own mind to keep his food down. Makes me think the writers have delibrately shown this to highlight that he isn't in control as much as he tries to be. I'm probably thinking way too much in to this, but i'm excited to see where this season goes.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    Dr Curtis Love likes this.
  12. Dr Curtis Love Orange Belt

Dr Curtis Love
    I don't think you're thinking way too much. With the way the season is going, everything is up in the air and all we have are theories we can try and make sense of. That's one of things that makes this show so great. Look at the fact that the cop can't open an electronic door or use the motion sensors on the soap and faucets. Their beating us over the head with that info. I love it.

Lights Out 101 likes this.
  13. gtm3 Brown Belt

gtm3
    I'm really liking this season thus far. The Russian and Asian goons he has working for him seem quite intriguing as well.

Lights Out 101 likes this.
  14. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Third episode. ;)

DaleBoca likes this.
  15. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    What you said makes perfect sense.

I'm talking about Varga being an alien. The rest of what you said though is just ridiculous.

Dr Curtis Love likes this.
  16. SSgt Dickweed Purple Belt

SSgt Dickweed
    I am halfway through episode 4. This season fucking sucks. I don't know why I am still watching.

17. JadeOwl Yellow Card

JadeOwl
    The latest show didn't have anywhere near enough Nikki Swango.

Although, it was about time someone brought up the possibility that she's only with Ray out of convenience. The audience knows she probably loves him for real, but in-universe, people really should be more skeptical. Because as Ray's (former) boss so eloquently put it, you cold fry bacon on the body.

18. HereticBD Gold Belt

HereticBD
    British dude is fucking killing it. Deserves an Emmy.

Also love how the lawyer's revenge on Ray, is coming back to bite him in the ass.

19. JadeOwl Yellow Card

JadeOwl
    The best part about that is that in another forum where I saw the 2nd episode discussed, people were complaining about the fact that Sy just smashed that woman's car and drove off without consequences. Oh ye people of little faith!

gtm3 likes this.
  20. HereticBD Gold Belt

HereticBD
    Yeah, you can never count this show out when it comes to attention to detail.

Curious what they'll do with Ray, and the blatant fraud he committed.