Far Cry 5

Never heard of the "Skyrim with guns" meme?

Before Far Cry 3, there were not many (if any) straight first person shooters that had an open world and rpg leveling mechanics. To be able to stop what you were doing, and go hunting or do little side missions, was kind of a big deal at the time. There was Fallout 3, but it wasn't really a FPS (your leveling dictated your shooting ability). Dead Island wasn't a shooter, either.

There’s this game series called GTA.

Also Red Dead.

Also Yakuza.

Now you may or may not have thought up “straight FPS shooter”, which means shit all...

There’s this game series called GTA.

Also Red Dead.

Also Yakuza.

Now you may or may not have thought up “straight FPS shooter”, which means shit all...
First person shooter. Not third person. It is an actual genre, believe it or not!

wrxg_f-maxage-0.gif
Name some, please.

Name some, please.

Oh, you were serious? Open world / FPS / RPG games similar to Skyrim (way more so than Far Cry 3) were already out, and very popular.

Fallout 3 - 2008

giphy.gif

Borderlands - 2009

FarflungInsecureBuzzard-max-1mb.gif

Borderlands 2 - 2012

PoisedWideAmurratsnake-size_restricted.gif

Dead Island - 2009

giphy.gif

Far Cry 2 - 2008

giphy.gif

Far Cry 3 came out after all of these on Nov 29th, 2012. I didn't even list all of them, I could have gone further back, and linked images all the way back to Delta Force 1-2, and others in the genre that have been doing this for two decades or longer.

source.gif

I'd honestly recommend you play Far Cry 3 it's in my top 5 of all time games. The story, Vaas, Citra it was all awesome the game play and the missions were great. Setting fire to a weed farm with a flamethrower while skrillex blasts was awesome and I don't even like Skrillex. It was the best game they've ever made.

Far Cry 4 tried to recapture that but it wasn't the same I couldn't get into it like I did Far Cry 3. I'll play Far Cry 5 but I'm yet to be convinced it can be as gripping as Far Cry 3 was.

Far Cry 3 was one of my favorites. I own 4 and barely started the game and cant bring myself to play it.

Just for the feels here is the flamethrower scene you referenced.

4 was basically a reskinned 3. I never finished it.
It's because of that, I don't understand why people hate 4 so much.

Took me a while to beat it though because achievements.

I liked 4 a lot. Taking over a fort in Co-op was fun. Primal wasnt great but I played it anyway. I'll wait for the reviews before getting 5

This is the first Far Cary game I am seriously considering playing. I like that you can pay in stealth/sneak/Just Bleed. I am more of a sneak guy but like changing it up occasionally.

Fill this thread with all your thoughts about the game, dickweeds.

Ubisoft's FarCry games have a habit of overpromising and underdelivering.

I say that as someone that bought Farcry 2 at launch and was overall disappointed after being hyped by all the previews, like what you posted in the OP.

FarCry 3 was, as many have stated, the apex of the series. Very fun, but it still had alot of issues.

Didn't bother with FarCry 4, because I could tell it was going to be FarCry3.5 because it only had 2 years of development time, and from the reviews, I was right.

Couldn't believe they released FarCry Primal only 14 months after the 4th game.

Although this FarCry 5 game looks promising, and it's had a decent development time, I encourage everyone to wait for trustworthy reviews after its released, especially for Ubisoft titles.

It's on my radar, but i'm gonna wait for feedback from trustworthy reviewers before i buy.

I've preordered, although I'm 99% sure Ubisoft has just made the same game again with a new coat of paint like they did with AC. Doubt it'll be a AAA title but as long as it's more of the same I'm ok with that.

Any word on how smooth the framerate will be, for the PS4 and XB1?

I'll probably pick it up, but I still have some concerns. Mainly the animations after you shoot and kill a NPC, I watched a gameplay vid and some of the kills looked kind of janky which took me out of the moment. The physics looked like shooting a stuffed dummy.

Monday Amazon is supposed to premiere a live action short to set the scene for the game.

Back