• Total voters

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

vs

LOMACHENKO_POSE_mikey-williams-toprank-770x544.jpg

135 was probably Floyd's weight where he was the most dynamic. Speed and power.

Loma's best weight is probably 135. He's a two time olympic gold champ and 3 division champ in 10 fights.

Floyd has better power, better defense, GOAT tier ring IQ, and a massive reach advantage. Im not too sure if either holds a significant speed advantage.

Id take Floyd by a comfortable decision.

Floyd.

I am struggling to think of what Loma is better at. And I am not sure what Loma's best weight is tbh.

Floyd.

Loma will be having fits from the feints, speed and power from May at that particular weight.

Loma never met a man with both a higher ring IQ or a better specimen, but in Floyd he'd find this, plus PBF the naturally bigger fighter.

FLOYD testament to his greatness style UD

Pretty boy stops him.

That depends. Will Floyd be able to walk him down? If not then he likely loses a close decision (covered this before in great detail). I'll take Loma at 130 and Floyd at anything above that given the size disparity.

Let's briefly see how this actually works in fights against James Toney and Floyd's primary means of defense (shell-based defense). No elaborate film study necessary.

Roberto Duran's approach would be different (which wouldn't be Loma's strategy to crack the shell and snuff out the shoulder roll).

Last edited:
I'd be more comfortable taking Pac over Loma since he has serious stopping power and the aggression/workrate to catch Loma when he's in motion
Counter punching against Loma is a difficult strat to work because he gives so many different looks and angles and is constantly changing the speed and power of his punches

Dont need to counter punch much when you can jab their face off behind a 7” reach advantage.

I think this question should be asked again when Lomachenko retires, or at least shows more growth. He only has about a fifth of the fights Floyd does, so this version of Loma may be (and I personally think probably is) an early version that hasn't reached its apex yet. As Lomachenko is now, I would give it to Floyd by a comfortable decision or late stoppage, depending on how aggressive he plays it.

135 was probably Floyd's weight where he was the most dynamic. Speed and power.

Loma's best weight is probably 135. He's a two time olympic gold champ and 3 division champ in 10 fights.

This is misleading, why do you say Loma's best weight is 135 where is clearly a fair bit smaller than the average fighter at 135? It's not his best weight and he is a smaller guy than Floyd. Floyd would win being the bigger man and just as skilled.

i picked nomaschenko because reasons, but it's a really difficult fight to pick.

floyd at 135 was a scary fighter.

Floyd at 135 was about as close to a perfect fighter as I've ever seen. Only 3 or so fighters I'd take over him at 135 and Loma is not one of them.

Loma would get his little ass beat by Floyd viciously

It's hard to pick a guy whose best win is Linares over Floyd.

It's hard to pick a guy whose best win is Linares over Floyd.

Yeah, a lot of people are jumping the gun lately with these comparisons and fantasy matchups. If Lomachenko beats Mikey Garcia and looks damn good doing it, then maybe we should start wondering how he'd fair against all time greats. But I think people are forgetting just how great Floyd was. That tends to happen when boxers age though, since the old version is so fresh in your mind.

It's really tough to give Lomachenko much of a shot after the Linares fight. Mayweather is appreciably better than Linares at everything, bigger, and the polar opposite of Linares when it comes to durability and stamina. If they were the same size, Lomachenko might have a real chance, but they wouldn't be. I'd go as far to say that Mayweather would have a very good chance of stopping Lomachenko at 30 or 35 (and certainly any higher weight).

Back