Fantasy book Bret Hart's first appearance in WCW

I disagree. If never losing is your gimmick, marks aren't going to keep paying to see you perform. Most of the biggest draws ever had many different matches in their arsenal. Hell, even Hogan, the king of one-dimensional wrestlers, had to reinvent himself(multiple times).

And Goldberg wasn't over until the then. I saw him live in '98. Even then, fans were tired of the "who's next" gimmick. The Goldberg was anything but organic.
Goldberg was still crazy over 19 years later. They should have rode the Goldberg train until the wheels fell off. You are crazy. Goldberg lost steam because he lost and he lost in the most ridiciolous way. But yet he was still over.

Hogan changed in 1996 a decade and change afterwards. The comparison doesn't really work because Hogan turning was new and fresh. Goldberg hadn't even hit his stride and you want to cut his legs off before he does.

Wow man. You want Goldberg to lose before he won the belt. Why don't you just flush money down the drain?

Goldberg was still crazy over 19 years later. They should have rode the Goldberg train until the wheels fell off. You are crazy. Goldberg lost steam because he lost and he lost in the most ridiciolous way. But yet he was still over.

Hogan changed in 1996 a decade and change afterwards. The comparison doesn't really work because Hogan turning was new and fresh. Goldberg hadn't even hit his stride and you want to cut his legs off before he does.

Wow man. You want Goldberg to lose before he won the belt. Why don't you just flush money down the drain?
Goldberg was over 19 years because of nostalgia, more than. He certainly hasn't been over for 19 years.

And Hogan had to turn heel. His character was so dead by '96, there was no other move. The Hulkamania shit stopped being over 5 years earlier. And even then, his original run as a baby face was designed for a simpler wrestling demographic. That gimmick wouldn't have been consistently over in the AE.

Goldberg was over 19 years because of nostalgia, more than. He certainly hasn't been over for 19 years.

And Hogan had to turn heel. His character was so dead by '96, there was no other move. The Hulkamania shit stopped being over 5 years earlier. And even then, his original run as a baby face was designed for a simpler wrestling demographic. That gimmick wouldn't have been consistently over in the AE.
Hogan didn't have to turn heel. His character still sold more merchandise than any other WCW wrestler. He still sold more tickets than any other wrestler. Turning was a new, fresh idea that the Hogan character hadn't done since the early 80s and who remember that except Meltzer.

But you are trying to compare 20 year Hogan babyface to less than 2 Goldberg. Losing kills momentum and fans lose interest because they become just another wrestler instead of being special.

Hogan was propping up WCW buyrates even when business was dead in 2000.

Had Bret been allowed to align with Neidhart and Bulldog, he might have been in better shape. Although Jim and Davey were shot, but they could have helped give Hart some different angles if Hogan etc were cockblocking him from headlining.

I really enjoyed his late 1999 push under Russo.

Iron Man Match against El Dandy.

I'm tired of fuck finishes. Sting should win clean as a sheet with no help. He is the savior of WCW. And Hogan should step away from the title scene for a bit. And Sting needs a challenger.

Besides I think Bret should come out as a star not just a guy who brought a new ref. He needs an intro and lights and pyro. Xpac got a better intro on Raw after Austin beat Michaels.

The face vs face could do well. They could have held it off and done a war games with Sting's WCW vs Bret, Bulldog, anvil and Hennig maybe.

Or you could even have a War Games NWO team vs Bret's team. Which was probably just as good of an idea, if not a better idea than the one they decided on.

He should've been booked in a feud with Hogan right off the bat. He was white hot, as a baby face, going into the company. Booking him against a 10 years past-prime Flair, with no real heat between them, was a waste of Ted Turner's money.

Conceptually I like this better, just have the two 'marquee' names go at it from the start. Plus the Hogan-Bret match on Nitro was a waste and executed poorly. To execute it properly build it up for 1+ month at least. They had 10 other ways to use Bret initially in his debut and pick like the most pointless, easiest angle of the 10 options.

Last edited:
Conceptually I like this better, just have the two 'marquee names' go at it from the start. Plus the Hogan-Bret match on Nitro was a waste and executed poorly.
One of them would have to lose. In my scenerio, Hogan shouldn't because he just lost the title to Sting. Hart shouldn't lose his first program, it would kill him right off the bat. Build Hogan back to face Hart at next year's Starrcade for the title.

Because I'm the biggest Bret mark around, and Starcade '97 pisses me off beyond belief.... I book Starcade '97 to build up Bret for Starcade '98

*Starcade 1997*

Nick Patrick takes the referee bump

nWo runs out to take out Sting....WCW locker room charges out!

Pandamonium!

Bret comes from out of the crowd and steelchairs Hogan. Stinger deathdrops Hogan, locks in the Scorpion Deathlock!

Hogan taps! Stinger has defeated Hogan and the nWo and reclaimed the Heavyweight Championship of the World!

*Next Monday Nitro*

Hogan comes out furious. Calling out Bret....

Bischoff freaks out...The big reveal is Bret isn't under contract to WCW

Schivane: Where is Bret Hart?

The Monday Nitro After*

Bret finally speaks...."I want what's mine. Something I never lost. The World Wrestling Championship!"

*WCW bans Bret Hart*

Hogan and Sting feud all the way until Great American Bash where Hogan recaptures the belt*

*Sting disappears....From June until November...the nWo and Hogan crush WCW*

WCW has no choice....They sign Bret "The Hit Man" Hart to a contract to face Hollywood Hogan at Starcade '98

STARCADE 1998! The Return of Bret "The Hit Man" Hart

*Finish to the match*

Bret Five Moves of Doom's Hogan...

nWo come out to take him out

WCW locker room sits back and does nothing.

From the rafters, Sting drops down! Takes out the nWo! Sting has returned to help Bret and destroy the nWo once and for all

Bret locks in the Sharpshooter! Hogan taps!

SWERVE!

HOGAN WINS BROTHER!

30-HoganX.jpg

Bret comes out and does a promo about how that "bald fuck" (to a huge pop) Hogan can't work, and how Bret is going to show him that a true champion can actually wrestle. Hype up that Hogan was scared to work with him at 1993. Bret comes out weekly and wrestles luchadors and lower guys to hype his wrestling ability. The problem with booking though is Hogan's creative control. That bald fuck had so much power in WCW.

Back