Movies FANTASTIC FOUR (Julia Garner to Play Silver Surfer, post #685)

Yeah, I don't know about that. I think it has already been a long haul, and is on it's last legs. The money is drying up with Marvel. They won't be pumping $200 million dollars into these projects for much longer. This movie tanking(which I assume it will. F4 has always been lame, and found it hard to reel in an audience), will be one of the final nails. For a while, anyways.

Even hard-core Nerds like me don't care about the FF, although full disclosure, I've always had a soft spot for The Thing.

The only relevance the Fantastic Four have is bringing Marvel's single greatest Big Bad into the MCU. And I have serious doubts they will do Victor von Doom justice.

Do yall really take all of these articles and tidbits of news that serious?
We have no clue how things are going to look/play out in the movie, and how big of a part each character will play in the film.
We're in a cinematic universe that is here for the long haul. The Fantastic 4 are staples in Marvel. Every heavy hitter doesn't need to be rushed out into the debut movie.

The criticism doesn't even make sense when it comes to Shalla Bal because she is Silver Surfer's woman, and it would make sense for her to be the gateway to introduce him.
I don't take anything coming from Disney seriously. Outside a rare gem, I don't think they are capable of making decent films anymore, let alone bangers.

They are rotted to the core these days.

I dont see a cinematic universe long haul, but even if they can sustain these crazy losses, and put out everything they have planned, it will all be forgettable at best. I don't see what's giving you optimism that there's a great story arc being told here.

Even hard-core Nerds like me don't care about the FF, although full disclosure, I've always had a soft spot for The Thing.

The only relevance the Fantastic Four have is bringing Marvel's single greatest Big Bad into the MCU. And I have serious doubts they will do Victor von Doom justice.
The Thing is the only decent thing about the team itself. His battles with the Hulk were always good shit. FF villains, similar to Spider-Man, have always been the best part about them.

I don't take anything coming from Disney seriously. Outside a rare gem, I don't think they are capable of making decent films anymore, let alone bangers.

They are rotted to the core these days.

I dont see a cinematic universe long haul, but even if they can sustain these crazy losses, and put out everything they have planned, it will all be forgettable at best. I don't see what's giving you optimism that there's a great story arc being told here.
I never said there was a great story arc being told here. I'm saying it is senseless to give most of these articles about rumors and castings much attention because it's impossible to know how they're going to play out.

They have a long game mindset when it comes to the MCU, so the optimism is in that they'll eventually either turn the whole ship around, or they'll push out individual gems from time to time.
They seemed to have gotten the message considering that they stopped production and reshuffled things they were working on. They're only doing Deadpool this year, and Iger said he wanted to focus more on quality products. Disney/Marvel have earned enough good will that I can wait to see if they actually learned.

But most of the stuff that people talk about when it comes to casting and news stories are almost never that big of a deal in the movie. The movies that end up sucking just end up sucking because they're bad overall. Shit story and writing, and poor direction.
"The Ancient One" being female didn't do anything positive or negative for the movies she appeared in. Heimdal being black didn't hurt or help any of the movies he was in. Julia Garner as Shalla Bal will be good or bad depending on how she's actually used in the movie.

Female Silver Surfer, lmao, yeah, here's the conceptual design for her new board:

TMPPL001_01_TABLA_DE_PLANCHAR_MOANA-scaled.jpg

Why the silver surfer could never be female.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back