Fans of sublime-check out perro bravo

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Check this band out, it is from the former guitarist/soundman from sublime miguel happapoldt. Same reggae/rock/ska/punk sound thats not over produced or too happy. I have been watching these guys live for the last few years and they rock. Same 3 peice type band too. Sounds like sublime cause he helped create their sound.

@Savant21 and @Jimmy Jazz did you already know of them or did you check them out? what do you think?

I liked what I've listed to so far but I'd have to check out one of their albums fully to make an opinion. They do seem to carry the tone & feel of Sublime from what I've listened to so far. Personally, I've always been of the opinion that Slightly Stoopid was the band carrying the reggae rock flag after Bradley passed IMO (even tho they're not necessarily ska punk).

I liked what I've listed to so far but I'd have to check out one of their albums fully to make an opinion. They do seem to carry the tone & feel of Sublime from what I've listened to so far. Personally, I've always been of the opinion that Slightly Stoopid was the band carrying the reggae rock flag after Bradley passed IMO (even tho they're not necessarily ska punk).
Well miguel was the one that recorded slightly stoopids 1st cd's and their last one so i guess that makes sense. He has been their mentor for a while and he was also behind Long beach dub allstars. They're back too but not quite as good as before since they lost a singer. Check out 3 on a tree and their new cd case pacific, its pretty solid.

Edit: Im guessing you like less than jake coming out of florida? those dudes are awesome.

Well miguel was the one that recorded slightly stoopids 1st cd's and their last one so i guess that makes sense. He has been their mentor for a while and he was also behind Long beach dub allstars. They're back too but not quite as good as before since they lost a singer. Check out 3 on a tree and their new cd case pacific, its pretty solid.

Edit: Im guessing you like less than jake coming out of florida? those dudes are awesome.

For sure, Slightly Stoopid was signed to Skunk Records back when Brad & the guys were rising through the industry (it seems they've always been close to all the Sublime people overall).

I'mma check out their latest LP definitely. I like Ska Punk/Reggae Rock overall but I get the feeling after Brad passed the genre just won't reach those levels of popularity it had in the mid-late 90s (& early 2000s as well). Perhaps it's somewhat like Grunge & how when Cobain passed Grunge wasn't popular anymore (despite other bands contributing to that genre)?

Back