Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm about to turn it on...

My specs:

HTC Vive
GTX 1080
i7 4790k

I'll report back for anyone that's curious on what it's like! Very curious how it looks, how it performs and if it has the DLC or not.

I bought F04 with the season pass like a week after it released. Played like 40 hours, can tbring myself to play that shit. So, no.

My God that launch was bad! Looked like my headset was stuck at 480p...

They've sorted it out though, looking sharp, as good as the flatscreen now with the proper supersampling and TAA turned off.

I have FO4 on both the XB1 and PC... I've not touched either :/ (and tempted to get this)... although I may need to upgrade my gpu to a 1070/1080ti.

Yea I bought and played it, even though I’ve beaten FO4 several times already.

When it comes to VR, traveling (walking) long distances is a turn off. If I use the realistic walking setting, my body wants to topple over. If I use the teleport setting, I feel I can’t be tactical. I just have to wade into every situation.

The gunplay itself is always fun, though.

But I’m becoming skeptical of ports to VR because they lack the game mechanics that make VR special (like taking cover, dodging attacks, etc)

I have FO4 on both the XB1 and PC... I've not touched either :/ (and tempted to get this)... although I may need to upgrade my gpu to a 1070/1080ti.

Why did you buy it twice if you weren't gonna bother playing it?

Why did you buy it twice if you weren't gonna bother playing it?

I bought it for the PC first during a steam sale, I have a massive backlog of games but will get to it eventually. The second copy was simply a result of buying my brother in laws XB1 and that was one of the games that came with it.

Haven't bought it yet but I am going to.

Yea I bought and played it, even though I’ve beaten FO4 several times already.

When it comes to VR, traveling (walking) long distances is a turn off. If I use the realistic walking setting, my body wants to topple over. If I use the teleport setting, I feel I can’t be tactical. I just have to wade into every situation.

The gunplay itself is always fun, though.

But I’m becoming skeptical of ports to VR because they lack the game mechanics that make VR special (like taking cover, dodging attacks, etc)

I have yet to find a solution to the highlighted above. It doesn't effect everyone that way but it does me, at least on some games. Its almost like the movement of the world activates my leg muscles against my wishes.

I sold my oculus about 6 months ago but this sounds fuckin terrible.

Fallout 4, Skyrim, adventure games in general are designed for long streches of play, with the majority of it walking across long stretches of scenery.

That is like the worst experience for today's VR headsets. Today's sets are best suited for intense gameplay that you can experience in short bursts of 30min to an hour at a time. The sets are just not comfortable, they overheat, and with full locomotion, cause light motion sickness after a while.

Fallout 4, Skyrim, adventure games in general are designed for long streches of play, with the majority of it walking across long stretches of scenery.

That is like the worst experience for today's VR headsets. Today's sets are best suited for intense gameplay that you can experience in short bursts of 30min to an hour at a time. The sets are just not comfortable, they overheat, and with full locomotion, cause light motion sickness after a while.

It's still a gimmick, like it was when I was in 5th grade and the VirtualBoy came out.

I had an Oculus a couple of years back when the second development kit came out, Minecraft VR was the best thing I tried.

I tried the Vive at an electronics shop and some woman had been playing that paint game on it before me for 10 minutes and the thing was soaked in sweat and had to be thoroughly cleaned down.

Then I see all these people online saying you need those omni-directional treadmills, you'd get so hot and sweaty in a couple of minutes with that helmet on your head I don't know how you'd get around it.

I went to a VR arcade and had plenty of fun, just waiting for it to drop to a more reasonable price.

I had an Oculus a couple of years back when the second development kit came out, Minecraft VR was the best thing I tried.

I tried the Vive at an electronics shop and some woman had been playing that paint game on it before me for 10 minutes and the thing was soaked in sweat and had to be thoroughly cleaned down.

Then I see all these people online saying you need those omni-directional treadmills, you'd get so hot and sweaty in a couple of minutes with that helmet on your head I don't know how you'd get around it.

I was lucky in that I had my setup in my basement where it's naturally cool, but even still I would turn the AC to 70 when playing. I'd have friends over to drink beers and take turns and I would have to wipe the headset down sometimes. Especially, when playing gun games like Robo Recall and Raw Data.

My main issue was the weight. If they could get it down to about 8 ounces it would be so much more comfortable. But at 17 or 18 ounces, it is just too heavy on the face, no matter how much you adjust the straps.

That said, this game looks really great. Like I wish I still had my oculus. It is made by the team who did the incrwdible Metro games.

Back