FALLOUT 4 Tips and Tricks (No spoilers pls)

It's sorta been covered that use VATS for mines, and discovering which bodies are playing dead...but to be more clear, use VATS for scouting areas in general...

The Idiot Savant perk is useful even if your intelligence isn't low...

As far as I know, there's no stats. I would guess it's just for cosmetic reasons, if I could get the damn stuff to show up on him.

I wondered about that. I have been meaning to take it off and see if it'll pop up on my workbench so I can improve it, but if it's just for cosmetic, then I'll just leave him with a bandanna. The armor looks weird.

Any time you switch weapons, it's fully loaded. Therefore, in most cases it's faster to switch out your weapon and switch it back in than to go through the reload animation.

It's also been my experience that if you switch to VATS as you start reloading, there's no delay. But that's if you actually shoot something; I don't know what happens if you leave VATS without doing anything.

Watch a YouTube tutorial.

And read up on basic gameplay.

Can you teach me how to shoot people? Also how to move. Camera angle would be helpful.

Because making shit is an advanced technique that needs to be in this thread.

I read this somewhere. Is there a key for it on PC? Also do you just hide behind any ol thing, or is there designated cover spots and barriers like Gears of War games or something.

If you are by an edge/corner, and aim your weapon, you'll pop out to the side of the edge a little bit. Let go of the aim button, and you'll pop back in.

Also, someone told me this and I never knew..

When hacking a terminal, if you just scroll through all of the characters, you'll notice every now and then your cursor will high light multiple random characters in a row (like it would if you were on an actual word)..click that highlighted section and it will eliminate a word from the list that doesn't work. Sometimes you can eliminate a lot of words that way and get the list down to where there is less words than attempts you have remaining.

If you are by an edge/corner, and aim your weapon, you'll pop out to the side of the edge a little bit. Let go of the aim button, and you'll pop back in.

When hacking a terminal, if you just scroll through all of the characters, you'll notice every now and then your cursor will high light multiple random characters in a row (like it would if you were on an actual word)..click that highlighted section and it will eliminate a word from the list that doesn't work. Sometimes you can eliminate a lot of words that way and get the list down to where there is less words than attempts you have remaining.

They're not random. They are always two enclosed characters and may have other characters in between them. For example <> [] {} (). They have been in the previous two Fallout games also. I always make sure to scan through the code to find those things.

They're not random. They are always two enclosed characters and may have other characters in between them. For example <> [] {} (). They have been in the previous two Fallout games also. I always make sure to scan through the code to find those things.

I noticed they were always enclosed, I had just never noticed it in a fallout game before lol wish I would've

I noticed they were always enclosed, I had just never noticed it in a fallout game before lol wish I would've

They are a major help imo. Some of them even refill your tries. Not sure is there is a way to tell which ones those are though.

Good to Know, Just to add to the Hacking Terminals if you guys don't know what you are actually trying to accomplish I can help.

When you choose a word you may notice it says "Likeneses (2)"

This means the word you chose has two letters that are in the same place as the Password you need to choose.

You need to match up a word with letters in the same position. Ex: Dog has two likenesses and log has 3 likenesses. The password would be a word that has OG/Log in the same spot. For instance the password may be A word such as BLOG.

Hope that makes sense. You can also Back out before your last try and get all the tries again without being locked out.

Can you teach me how to shoot people? Also how to move. Camera angle would be helpful.

Because making shit is an advanced technique that needs to be in this thread.

If you walk up to a wall and shoot a nuke at it you beat the game. It works IRL, too.

If you travel alone, or with Dogmeat/Dog, Lone Wanderer perk is your best friend. The dog does not count against having a companion!

Holy shit I didn't know this. He has been the most handy npc too since the others are flat out retarded.

For anyone who doesn't mind cheating you can dupe the special book you find in your house using dog meat

If you get overwhelmed by Mirelurks or ghouls take out their legs so they'll stop running at you.

I beat the game and did not know you can aim and it'll make you peak out the side of the wall. Would have been nice to know. But I've got a lot of hours left to use it.

Save the meats you get from slain creatures. You can use them at the cooking stations to cook things that regen health and also have some stat bonuses, and it also removes the radiation damage from consuming it I think. I disregarded a lot of the meats because I thought why would I want to become irradiated when I could just use stimpacks? Then I decided to mess around at the cook station and found out that you could cook things up.

I've never played Fallout 3 so excuse me if this one is a no duh.

Also I never picked up any dirty waters because well, they were dirty. But it's one of the ingredients needed for a pretty beneficial drink.

Back