FALLOUT 4 Official Thread v.5: Travis Miles Edition

My vault is coming along niiiiicely.

After i'm done with it I plan on wiping out Diamond City, Nuka World & the BOS just because that's all I have left to do other than build, lol. Took out Goodneighbor today just cause I had to go check something there.

Just started. Found a deathclaw at my first city (concord?) well, I showed him who was boss (he was stuck down a small hole and couldn't get unstuck.

Just started. Found a deathclaw at my first city (concord?) well, I showed him who was boss (he was stuck down a small hole and couldn't get unstuck.
They're a bitch at first in the game.. luckily he got stuck lol.

I think my main character is at level 106. I have a gauss rifle that does something like 688 damage. I single shot kill deathclaws with that thing.

My vault is coming along niiiiicely.

After i'm done with it I plan on wiping out Diamond City, Nuka World & the BOS just because that's all I have left to do other than build, lol. Took out Goodneighbor today just cause I had to go check something there.
LOL I killed everyone in Good Neighbor too.

I'm afraid to reinstall the game at this point. I stored all of my weapons in a safe in the Boston Common loft mod. If don't reinstall that mod, I may never see those weapons again. Even then, who knows if they'll show up.

I'm afraid to reinstall the game at this point. I stored all of my weapons in a safe in the Boston Common loft mod. If don't reinstall that mod, I may never see those weapons again. Even then, who knows if they'll show up.
giphy.gif

Now that I have a computer that can actually play this game with good settings, and not 1280x720 reduced resolution on the lowest of low settings to barely limp through it, I'm so excited to get the real experience. I'm modding the hell out of it. I haven't figured out where I want my base of operations to be, I'm thinking the movie theater with the plane.

Now that I have a computer that can actually play this game with good settings, and not 1280x720 reduced resolution on the lowest of low settings to barely limp through it, I'm so excited to get the real experience. I'm modding the hell out of it. I haven't figured out where I want my base of operations to be, I'm thinking the movie theater with the plane.
Are you thinking of Starlight Theater? There is no plane there that I recall. It's a great place for a settlement because it's big and easy to fortify. It's close to all main trade routes and can accommodate most buildings.

Maybe you were thinking of the BOS airport? That's the only place I recall airplanes, though they're not in the settlement zone...

LOL I killed everyone in Good Neighbor too.

Don't "dwell" on weapons and items: the game is about a story and quests to complete. The items are secondary and most of them are replaceable by better choices. If you use mods, throw away all vanilla weapon and get a mod like "modern weapons", you'll see what I mean...

Are you thinking of Starlight Theater? There is no plane there that I recall. It's a great place for a settlement because it's big and easy to fortify. It's close to all main trade routes and can accommodate most buildings.

Maybe you were thinking of the BOS airport? That's the only place I recall airplanes, though they're not in the settlement zone...

Don't "dwell" on weapons and items: the game is about a story and quests to complete. The items are secondary and most of them are replaceable by better choices. If you use mods, throw away all vanilla weapon and get a mod like "modern weapons", you'll see what I mean...
it's crazy because I'm playing through fallout 3 for the first time right now and it's really easy to not care about the guns and combat in this game. It's tough with 4 though.

it's crazy because I'm playing through fallout 3 for the first time right now and it's really easy to not care about the guns and combat in this game. It's tough with 4 though.

I stopped playing Fallout 4 because my computer was too shitty to handle it. I've also recently started on Fallout 3. Hugely surprised at how similar they are (Fallout 4 was my first introduction to a Fallout FPS.)

Anyways i've heard complaints of Fallout 4's dialogue options being pared down compared to the others. I kind of think it's true to an extent, as I'm finding myself feeling a bit more immersed in the world of Fallout 3 as dated as it is. What's your opinion of it so far?

Can't wait to get a new computer and go back to Fallout 4 though.

I stopped playing Fallout 4 because my computer was too shitty to handle it. I've also recently started on Fallout 3. Hugely surprised at how similar they are (Fallout 4 was my first introduction to a Fallout FPS.)

Anyways i've heard complaints of Fallout 4's dialogue options being pared down compared to the others. I kind of think it's true to an extent, as I'm finding myself feeling a bit more immersed in the world of Fallout 3 as dated as it is. What's your opinion of it so far?

programming-wise F3 gives way more hurt/help options which is a super simple way to makes games deeper: disposable towns, disposable allies, but with enough simple references to your actions to seal the deal, making your choices look like they mattered

"if the vendor is killed, he is replaced by a child claiming to be his son"

gamer: "I have just changed everything about this story."

programming-wise F3 gives way more hurt/help options which is a super simple way to makes games deeper: disposable towns, disposable allies, but with enough simple references to your actions to seal the deal

How would you compare that to Fallout 4 though?

choosing all negative dialogues with Nick Val. hurts his feelings for all of two seconds

fallout 3 had the trigger (if x1 then y1) technology to make him draw his weapon and give you a final dialogue chance before attacking you and turning the entire town against you, because fallout 3 loved turning entire communities on players at the drop of a hat from dialogue trees

Yes, I pictured the box office building as a plane with the one broken wing.

programming-wise F3 gives way more hurt/help options which is a super simple way to makes games deeper: disposable towns, disposable allies, but with enough simple references to your actions to seal the deal, making your choices look like they mattered

why kill a vendor when you can just pick pocket his ear.

As someone who's played FO4 first, I definitely agree that the dialogue is more in depth in FO3 and New Vegas. I just don't like how all the characters look alike in the older games and the combat sucks compared to 4.

The Map in 3 is fairly similar in design 4, but the New Vegas map is quite a bit different. I would love to see a remaster of both games on the console for sure. If they added the richness and texture that FO4 has to those older games, it would be amazing.

Can you still destroy the Prydwen even after you've done everything? I did a brief search & someone said yes, you just have to make the BOS enemies then talk to Preston. I plan on trying that regardless but if not is there any other way?

a mod like "modern weapons"
Shit's crazy. Really changes the game & makes enemies tougher since the guns are so strong, lol. Not saying I don't like that.

I've also recently started on Fallout 3.
Y'all is late to the party! :p

Can you still destroy the Prydwen even after you've done everything? I did a brief search & someone said yes, you just have to make the BOS enemies then talk to Preston. I plan on trying that regardless but if not is there any other way?

Shit's crazy. Really changes the game & makes enemies tougher since the guns are so strong, lol. Not saying I don't like that.

Y'all is late to the party! :p
Better late then never bud

Better late then never bud
When I first got that game I went in knowing nothing other than that it was post-apocalypse & that you could shoot teddy bears at people. That alone sold me, lol.

I about shat myself when I saw my first super mutant. Fuck. I wish I could wipe my memory & do it all over again sometimes.

Here's the answer, in spoiler tags.

Both the Minuteman and The Railroad have that option. I'm not sure it's open after the main quest is done if you've done it with BOS. You might be right: by making them enemy, you should still be able to open the dialogues with Preston or Desdemona.

I have never tried it after the main quest but I did it with Railroad on my last playthrough. I betrayed BOS and went full retard, going in alone to plant explosive on the Pridwin. It was so fun watching Thinker Tom blow up the damn thing!

Back