FALLOUT 4 Official Thread v.5: Travis Miles Edition

Hey @Foots Fallout 4 and all the DLCs are presently on sale on STEAM, up to 50% off. Grab what you need while the deal lasts!

Hey @Foots Fallout 4 and all the DLCs are presently on sale on STEAM, up to 50% off. Grab what you need while the deal lasts!

Yeah I saw that. But I ended up getting Skyrim instead, and it was not even on sale! LMAO.

I just got the basic game. I'll get the DLCs some other time.

Personally I'm not really that hyped up about the Special Edition because I know its going to be a somewhat demanding game. Even my PC sometimes struggles in Fallout 4.

Been playing Far Harbor i'm really enjoying it i hope Nukaworld is as good as it.

Only have 1 trophy left for the plat, the dreaded 100% settlement happiness trophy. It sounds annoying as fuck to get

I thought the Fallout 4 thread was dead: more than one month without a reply. You are a necromancer, @Fraz

There is an exploit for 100% happiness: make sure everyone is working. Any jobless citizen must be assigned to a medical center. There must not be one single non-working settler or you will cap at 95%. Once you get in the 95%+ range, protect the settlement and don't leave it before you reach 100%. Make sure nothing is going wrong and provide food, water and entertainment to your settlers.

You should be able to reach 100% after a couple of in-game days of play. Wait or sleep by small doses to make it happen. Enjoy your trophy!

Last edited:
Yeah seems like everyone has moved on to skyrim, i bought skyrim but im gonna try to get all dlc trophies in fallout before i move on.

I'll might try the settlement tonight, i have the perks required for it, i'll need to move to a new location, the whole game i've lumped everyone into sanctuary and its a bit of a mess

Yeah seems like everyone has moved on to skyrim, i bought skyrim but im gonna try to get all dlc trophies in fallout before i move on.

I'll might try the settlement tonight, i have the perks required for it, i'll need to move to a new location, the whole game i've lumped everyone into sanctuary and its a bit of a mess
The best place to do my trick is at the Drive-in near Concord. To get the 20 settlers to join fast, send some from Sanctuary. Once you have 20 settlers, stop there and make sure everybody works. Like I said, fill your food needs then assign extra settlers to medical centers. Hang around and make improvements: bring electricity to every house, put TVs everywhere and other furniture that boost happiness.

Defend your settlement and always make sure everybody is working. As a last resort, you can put a lot of food and water in the settlement workbench and assign EVERYONE to medical centers for the last remaining 5% happiness. It sometimes helps but it sometimes bug too. I know there are guides and videos out there on the best strategy but I haven't watched them in a while and they're out of my youtube history by now...

I've did it at the Red Rocket Truck stop, this is the guide i've used

https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutset...out_4_benevolent_leader_trophy_fast_and_easy/

i've just been standing around and it's slowly going up, when i sleep it seems to do nothing to the happiness meter, i'm currently sitting at 85. Will it affect anything if i'm using people like Preston, Hancock, Cait etc? I didn't know if i would have been better using random settlers. I'm just paranoid that something will mess this up.

I've did it at the Red Rocket Truck stop, this is the guide i've used

https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutset...out_4_benevolent_leader_trophy_fast_and_easy/

i've just been standing around and it's slowly going up, when i sleep it seems to do nothing to the happiness meter, i'm currently sitting at 85. Will it affect anything if i'm using people like Preston, Hancock, Cait etc? I didn't know if i would have been better using random settlers. I'm just paranoid that something will mess this up.
I don't remember the details but random settlers are better than named NPC. Also, don't use supply lines FROM that settlement. You can have supply lines passing by from another city but don't send settlers from Red Rocket to supply lines. Don't leave the settlement during the process and make sure everyone is working, fed and happy. Wait or sleep by small batch: 2-3 hours, go around the settlement than wait again. Install TVs, pictures and furniture to reach near the settlement cap. Assign the more settlers you can to surgery centers. Wait and hope.

Good luck!

Sitting at 96 atm, i just want this to be over so i can get back to playing the game lol

I know this thread has been dead for weeks. I was just wondering if people are still playing F4. Someone saw Fallout 4 in my Steam library yesterday and he asked me if I know the game well.

I was ashamed to select it and show this:
2dvpt7m.jpg

Keep in mind this is a fraction of the time I spent on Skyrim since first launch...

I need to get back to playing it so i can get Nuka World done, played it for a month pretty much and get burned out on it

I need to get back to playing it so i can get Nuka World done, played it for a month pretty much and get burned out on it
Nuka World is really fun. Depending on how you decide to run things, you can begin to establish an empire throughout the Commonwealth, one settlement at a time. If you clear the park, take control and use your ressources to battle the 4 main factions (Minuteman, Railroad, Institute, BOS), you will become Emperor of the New Commonwealth!

Have fun!

I stopped playing because of a glitch in Nukaworld , it wouldn't let me progress in the story. I was enjoying it so i was pissed. They might have patched it by now.

I would like to know why. I was never a big fan of Fallout games: I played Fallout 3 but never finished it. I finished New Vegas but never replayed it. Yet, I'm absolutely loving Fallout 4: 1000 hours in, at least 5 different complete playthrough, a dozen partial playthough, extensive use of mods, creation of character builds, I'm totally invested. I must say, I'm not a hardcore gamer normally: I don't have a "list of games", I play one game and I stick with it until I find a new one.

The only other game I put 1000 hours into was Civilization V. It took me YEARS to get to 1000 but I reached that number in a matter of months in Fallout 4. I must admit I'm a big fan of Bethesda games. I have played Skyrim a lot but never to the extent I'm playing Fallout 4. When there's gameplay involved and character creation and development, I'm all in!

Fallout 4 might be the best game I played since Diablo back in 1997!
Odd.

I loved fallout 3, fallout nv was decent, fallout 4 was a huge letdown to what i expected and without settlement building i would've never replayed it except for the dlcs honestly.

Settlement building and Far Harbor were the only 2 legit great things about fallout 4 imo.

Odd.

I loved fallout 3, fallout nv was decent, fallout 4 was a huge letdown to what i expected and without settlement building i would've never replayed it except for the dlcs honestly.

Settlement building and Far Harbor were the only 2 legit great things about fallout 4 imo.
I agree with most of what you say. You seem to have been a "Tamriel Terror" from the start! I remember playing Vanilla Morrowind in 2003 or so, it was so buggy I put Elder Scroll on ice for years. It took DOOM 3 to finally bring me back to Bethesda: I haven't left since!

I didn't play much Fallout before NV but I did play F3 to see how it was. I understand your position but my emotional attachment to old Elder Scroll / Fallout lore is less than yours, obviously. Yet, we're both hardcore fans, I can tell.

Enjoy Skyblivion if you're into mods: it looks awesome if you've seen my post about it:

Take a look at that progress:

I just played through and finished New Vegas for the first time and I can say that the story and maps is way cooler in NV than 4.

But dear god does the combat suck in NV compared to 4. Plus no settlements sucks too.

I just played through and finished New Vegas for the first time and I can say that the story and maps is way cooler in NV than 4.

But dear god does the combat suck in NV compared to 4. Plus no settlements sucks too.
Really? I though Nv had by far the worst of all fallout map. Also dont care for the story much at all. After i get to NV i legit lose any interest in the game honestly. However Lonesome Road was a good dlc and Old World blues was fantastic.

Back