FALLOUT 4 Official Thread v.5: Travis Miles Edition

Metal_Daze

Geonor St Gregor
@Silver
Reaction score
So Fallout 4 is getting PS4 mods at last? Look at Travis face when he heard the news:
latest

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/5/13177882/fallout-4-skyrim-remastered-ps4-mod-support

A moderator closed our beloved last thread? Look how Travis reacts:
Screenshot_Original_3.png

As a cold blooded individual, Travis will drink to the new thread! Problem is, he will only drink water:

Here are some philosophical thoughts to get this thread going!
CTlLfkjU8AASrGG.png

Don't be shy @Madmick you can sticky this thread or just merge it when you create a real official one...

Few questions

Do we need to get PS4 pro for mods?
How do you guys rate the DLC for fallout 4?

Lastly I'm going to start my second run through of FO4 and wanted to know if there is anything you guys could recommend to enjoy it more than the first time which TBH was a major disappointment.

Fallout 4 is collecting dust now.. To much to do lol.

Few questions

Do we need to get PS4 pro for mods?
How do you guys rate the DLC for fallout 4?

Lastly I'm going to start my second run through of FO4 and wanted to know if there is anything you guys could recommend to enjoy it more than the first time which TBH was a major disappointment.
As a genetic specimen of the PC Master Race, I can't help you with PS4 mods. I know that on PC, mods are awesome and I find it difficult to discard them now that I've been using them more.

The DLC for Fallout 4 falls in two distinct categories:

1- Workshop and custumization DLC: Wasteland Workshop, Vault Tech, Contraptions.

2- Story DLC: Automatron, Far Harbor and Nuka World.

Workshop DLC unlocks new items in your workbench and allow new features like caging animals and building factories. Story DLC add new quests, companions and rewards on new explorable landmass. It's all about what you like doing in the game.

I prefer story DLC but a lot of people put time and effort into settlement building and customization. There's a huge community of settlement builders online: they like to share their creation and post pics and videos. It's up to you how you enjoy the game!

For your second question, once again it depends. If you're a power gamer (like me) and want to try everything, chose a custom build and base your gameplay on it. For example, create a Pyromaniac Fireman build based on heavy weapons and flame throwers. Use drugs and booze to make him go berserk and destroy everything in the Wasteland.

There are many options: Generic General build: lead the Minuteman to a complete conquest of the Wasteland. Scientist build: based on intelligence, science and power armor, he will side with the Institute. Scavenger build: wandering hobo collecting scrap and turning settlements into flea markets all around the Wasteland. Military build: Special Op type dude, will join BOS and annihilate all opposition behind a Vertibird minigun.

There are infinite gameplay choices to enjoy the game and many areas to explore once the main story is done. If you're more of a customization guy, buy the DLCs and go wild. You can spend hours just working on one settlement and there are many to work on. You can even create your own vault, attract settlers and turn it into a vast entertainment center!

Last edited:
Since this is a new thread, I will post my Alcoholic Ninja build again. This melee build is intended for Survival play and is better suited for experienced players who have already finished the game. Feel free to try it and comment. I will use Spoiler tags to avoid over-crowding the thread.

ALCOHOLIC NINJA melee build for Fallout 4 Survival

STR 10 PER 1 END 1 CHA 1 INT 1 AGI 9 LUK 5

Strength: 10
Perception: 1
Endurance: 1
Charisma: 1
Intelligence: 1
Agility: 9
Luck: 5

*Special book invest in Strength (wait until you take the Day Tripper drug to lower your STR and pick up the book, giving you base STR 11).

PERKS

2. Idiot Savant
3. Big League
4. Blitz
5. Sneak
6. Ninja
7. Big League 2
8. Rooted
9. Armorer
10. Sneak 2
11. Idiot Savant 2
12. PER (or grab the Museum bobblehead and pick something else)
13. Armorer 2
14. PER
15. Big League 3
16. Ninja 2
17. PER
18. PER
19. Demolition Expert
20. Demolition Expert 2
21. CHA
22. Rooted 2
23. CHA
24. CHA
25. CHA
26. CHA
27. CHA
28. Party Boy
29. Blitz 2 (game changer)
30. Sneak 3
31. Sneak 4
32. Mister Sandman
33. Ninja 3
34. Party Boy 2
35. Mister Sandman 2
36. Armorer 3
37. Party Boy 3 (game changer 2)
38. Mister Sandman 3
39. Armorer 4
40. Big League 4

Conversion to Atom's Prophet at this point

41. INT
42. INT
43. INT
44. INT
45. INT
46. INT
47. INT
48. INT
49. Nuclear Physicist
50. Nuclear Physicist 2

Optional: Max your unmaxed skills, raise you END

Even if this melee build is intended for Survival, it is very vulnerable in the first 10 levels. Be careful in unexplored areas and try to sneak at all times. It takes a long time before you can relax, you must keep a steady route until then. In short, you need to carefully grind your character up to level 30 to get the maximum benefits.

Take advantage of Idiot Savant and don't be shy with alcohol: it lowers your INT while raising your CHA so drink before bartering for lower prices. You can also drink before turning quests and crafting chems to increase the Idiot Savant trigger chance.

This build relies on Stealth instead of Endurance, so be very careful in the beginning. Use Sneak to remain hidden. Use Blitz to close the gap with multiple enemies. Take advantage of Ninja to deliver boosted sneak attacks on unwary foes. Drink alcohol to boost your STR. Use Rockville Slugger to be able to target each foe and deliver 2-3 hits to make sure they die.

So you must be very careful: your low endurance doesn't give you any margin for error. You must Sneak up as close as possible, Blitz your enemy and disappear again with Sneak. Ninja will boost your damage as long as you're undetected. Use grenades and mines to ambush multiple enemies. Don't be ashamed to flee a battle you cannot win. Or better yet, sneak by the back and take your enemies down one by one. Use Jet and Stealth Boy if you need a swift escape. Use a Stimpack to heal your limb damage when you get any.

Vital melee hint: use block as soon as you see an enemy attempt a melee attack or a weapon bash. Don't block too soon or you will drop your guard before the hit connects! It's all a matter of timing: you'll get it right after a couple try-and-fail. When you master block timing, use it to your advantage. The stagger from a successful block gives you the perfect opportunity to plant your feet and reap the benefits of the Rooted perk. Deliver a Strong Hit (bash button) while standing still to gain the effect. As a cool bonus, your attack is more likely to result in a "finisher melee animation" when it's a kill shot delivered from standing still, outside of VATS.

Think about it: even with a rudimentary melee weapon, a Blitz/Ninja melee Sneak attack will do 10X melee damage + your STR bonus. A drink of alcohol will have double effect (+ 2 STR for most beers, + 4 STR for Dirty Wastelander). With base STR 12 (10 + special book and bobblehead), it's easily boosted at 16 if you chug a Dirty Wastelander. Don't forget drugs you can take like Buffout or even better, Psychobuff: 25% damage bonus, +65 HP and +3 STR/End (always pump a Psychobuff before a hard fight). You can also take Bufftats but keep in mind the effects don't stack if you take Psychobuff at the same time: only the best bonus registers. So STR 19 with Psychobuff and 25% damage on top.

Without getting in too deep, you can also add the "Mysterious Serum" over that (unlimited supply if you complete the quest correctly) and X-cell chems (very rare) to further boost your STR. In perfect conditions, you can boost your STR in the higher 30s (you read that right). Your luck is also proportional to the different drinks you just chugged. 3 luck points for each kind, up to the higher 30s too! You'll never wait for a critical hit ever again: your critical meter fills up with 2-3 strikes.

Now, add all the bonuses to Atom's Judgment's ridiculous damage: STR bonus, Big League, Nuke Bonus and Nuke Physicist to double it. On Far Harbor, you can side with the Child of Atom and gain their perk in the outcome of the conflict. If you do, you gain a bonus to damage the more irradiated you are. This is the Atom's Prophet's gift. Add to all that the sneak damage of Ninja perk (X 10) and we've got the perfect storm! Of course, you must keep a backup weapon for ghouls and creatures immune to radiation damage. If you find a Ghoul's Slayer melee weapon, save it just to rid the World of nasty Ghouls and send them back to Atom!

With booze and pills, you can boost your STR and LCK in the 30s range. No need to worry about addiction or alcoholism, you're a Drunken Master! Just make sure to always be drunk and use the correct drug combinations at all times. At level 50, you can start focusing on END to make you more resistant to open brawls. You can also start taking INT perks if you took the Atom Prophet way.

The Chemist perk will grant you the ability to craft higher chems. Medic will improve Stimpacks' potency (vital in Survival). Science will help you improve settlements, craft new mods on some melee weapons and craft Plasma or Laser mods. At that point, you're pretty much unstoppable. With prep time, our man could easily take down Batman himself!

Arrange your fast access keys to favor your playing style. For this specific build, you only need 3 weapons at endgame: Atom's Judgment's, Kiloton Rifle and Righteous Authority. You don't even need Righteous but it's so convenient to build the critical meter from far away. Otherwise, your meter fills relatively fast in battle if you're drunk. It fills even faster if you drank different types of alcohol. If you drink all different types of alcohol in your inventory, your meter will fill at every shot for the duration of booze effects.

You can carry a backup melee weapon for Rad resistant foes. Bring a Rocket Launcher with you when you face robots (not synths, robots). It's imperative to destroy the Legendary Robots before they explode in your face. Bring a Troubleshooter Rocket Launcher if you're lucky enough to find one! Any Troubleshooter ranged weapon will do great to avoid the nearby robot explosions from melee kills. I just like the explosive effect of Rockets and it's a weapon affected by Demolition Expert so double damage! Only bring heavy weapons when you need them. Even with our superhuman STR, the Survival carry weight limit is so ridiculously low, you will spend hours managing your inventory if you're not careful. You can take strong back to help with that but we're not a pack mule!

In short, you only need to have your 3 main weapons as Favorite Keys. That leaves you 9 empty buttons. I prefer to put drinks and drugs there for easy access. The inventory page becomes a mess in late game, even with the carry weight limitations. You will spend hours browsing the AID list if you constantly do it. To facilitate things, my Favorite Keys are: 1/2/3- Weapons, 4- Jet (or Psychojet), 5-Bufftats (or Psychobuff), 6- Stimpack, 7- Beer, 8- Bourbon, 9- Ice Cold Gwinnett and 0- Vodka. Keep the drug stacking mechanism in mind: don't take Psychobuff with Psychojet: take Bufftats with PsychoJet or simple Jet with Psychobuff.

The last two keys (0 / -) are open slots: I can have a backup weapon there or add more alcohol types. On Survival, you will have Purified Water there for sure. You can even keep a quick meal to fill your stomach fast. Of course, you can also put your Rocket Launcher or a Fat Man in the free slots when you know you're gonna need it. Feel free to arrange the Favorite Keys to fit your fighting style. You don't need to use many different guns so focus on survivability and chems. Just make sure to use every chem, every meal and every drink without restraint.

I have created and thoroughly tested this build up to lvl 90, it is insane! Especially with the Ultimate Far Harbor Weapon:
Screenshot-257.png

And mods like:
1964-0-1448355903.png

Insane I tell you!

Last edited:
For those of you who prefer the Military option, there's a cool build for Survival: The Shotgun Surgeon. I didn't create this one, it's a FudgeMuppet original. Here's their Youtube channel if you want to browse: https://www.youtube.com/user/FudgeMuppet/featured

I will post the video description, but I've modified it into a Spec Op build. Feel free to modify it to your likings, I will put details into spoilers tag:

The BOS Special Ops Marine

S: 6
P: 1
E: 7
C: 3
I: 9
A: 1
L: 1

Disregard the "backstory" in the video. I prefer to gameplay this build as a BOS oriented Special Op Marine. Don't put points in Luck, you don't need it. Keep CHA at 3 for Lone Wanderer. Focus on STR 6 to get Strong Back. Combined with Lone Wanderer, it is what makes this build viable on Survival. Use scrapper to find junk to help you mod your weapons and armor but don't carry anything with you. Store everything in your favorite workbench and resupply when needed.

I will not post a lvl-by-lvl perk list, there is one included in the video. You can follow it or modify it at your liking. I recommend focusing on Power Armor acquisition and modification. You don't need to restrict yourself to a BOS suit, you can wear a X-01 if you prefer. Favor the Jet Pack but feel free to mod the Armor as you see fit. You can of course create a whole collection of different Power Armor and store the suits where you choose.

The shotgun will be your favorite weapon but since you're maxing Rifleman, I don't see why you should restrict yourself. Go for all one-shot rifles and don't neglect energy weapons: your high INT will make them lethal in the later game with the Science perk. You can also raise the Heavy Gunner perk if you want to use Miniguns and the awesome Gatling Laser. It's easy to swap some perks as you see fit, let yourself loose!

You were a Marine in your former life, before the bombs. You wake up with a desire of vengeance and a lethal set of skills to achieve it. Your high INT will make you level up fast and you'll want to join BOS ASAP. Once you kill Kellogg and get access to the Pridwin, go through the initiation and clean up Fort Strong to get the Vertibird grenades. From that point on, you will go on steady Insertion / Extraction missions as a Marine Spec Op.

You stack up at your base of Operation on the Pridwin or at the Airport. You carry as many weapons as your weigh limit allows with you. You depart by Vertibird to reach your destination, seek and destroy your target and come back with another Vertibird for R&R. You conquer the whole Commonwealth that way, one settlement at a time. You can infiltrate the Minutemen, the Railroad and the Institute to gain intel. The battle against the Institute is your culmination after eradicating the annoying Minuteman and Railroad in a huge combined attack from all fronts.

After that, you're free to explore the DLCs as you wish. You can go to Far Harbor and eradicate the Synth colony. You can eradicate everything if you want but you might want to save Far Harbor Village if you're gameplaying a Soldier type. You can then go to Nuka World and get rid of the corruption over there. You will be so overpowered at that point, it will be a lot of fun!

Don't forget to clear up Automatron too if you wish. There are tons of quests you can keep for later. You can also postpone the Commonwealth conquest and explore everywhere first instead. You want to go alone but if you can lighten your weight, bring a companion like Danse with you. His backstory is fun and it will take you around. It's a lot of fun and some interesting gameplay, depending on what kind of Spec Op guy you want to play. Hardass or Hero? Brute or White Knight? Paladin or Chaotic?

All in all, It's a really cool build that I have experimented a lot and strongly recommend.

Last edited:
Seeing the traffic in this thread, I guess people have stopped playing Fallout 4. I'm still having fun but I don't see myself clearing up Nuka World again, it was a long, challenging task. It was as good if not better than Far Harbor! Keep in mind I really liked Far Harbor: Nuka World is more detailed and focused on interactions, where Far Harbor was more "explore and hunt scary animals".

There is still talk of new mystery DLC for Fallout 4, the rumor have been running on Steam and Reddit forums. There's a video addressing the rumor, you can watch it if your hopes are still up:

Last edited:
Been busy lately but do plan on finally finishing the game too.

Might start a new character after that as well, just won't establish every damn settlement this time.

Been busy lately but do plan on finally finishing the game too.

Might start a new character after that as well, just won't establish every damn settlement this time.
If you went "Minuteman General" good guy in your first playthrough, I recommend going the opposite way for your next game: evil playthrough! You can pretty much kill everyone and everything non-essential in the game so it's a cool thing to do if you spared everyone in your first playthrough.

You can go the Raider way or just the outcast way, terrorizing the Wasteland wherever you roam. You can eliminate settlements and attack all factions at once. If you went with long range rifle on your first game, try melee weapons this time. There are a number of different builds you can focus on for that gameplay option: I posted a Alcoholic Ninja build that is great for evil tendencies.

You can also try a Raider build, especially if you're planning on playing or re-playing Nuka World. There's a cool Overboss build for that but it's meant to reign over the other Raiders instead of eliminating them. Just disregard all settlements missions and eliminate the Raiders who oppose you until you make the park your own Kingdom!

Overboss FudgeMuppet build:

Damn! Fallout 4 official thread bumped out of page 1, that spells death for our beloved game! Joking but I understand because I believe my current game will be my last for a while. I think I sucked everything out of that game and I have no regret, except having spent too much time on it!

Playstation store has a sale on all the DLCs for this game plus some other bethesda games.

This is the first Fallout game that has failed to really draw me in. I blame having kids.

This is the first Fallout game that has failed to really draw me in. I blame having kids.
I would like to know why. I was never a big fan of Fallout games: I played Fallout 3 but never finished it. I finished New Vegas but never replayed it. Yet, I'm absolutely loving Fallout 4: 1000 hours in, at least 5 different complete playthrough, a dozen partial playthough, extensive use of mods, creation of character builds, I'm totally invested. I must say, I'm not a hardcore gamer normally: I don't have a "list of games", I play one game and I stick with it until I find a new one.

The only other game I put 1000 hours into was Civilization V. It took me YEARS to get to 1000 but I reached that number in a matter of months in Fallout 4. I must admit I'm a big fan of Bethesda games. I have played Skyrim a lot but never to the extent I'm playing Fallout 4. When there's gameplay involved and character creation and development, I'm all in!

Fallout 4 might be the best game I played since Diablo back in 1997!

Should I buy Nuka World for $13.39? Or should I wait for the fall sale and hope it will be more cheap?

Should I buy Nuka World for $13.39? Or should I wait for the fall sale and hope it will be more cheap?
Don't count on me to hold you back: Nuka World is awesome! If you're short on cash, you can wait and hope it will be cheaper but Bethesda games normally take time to drop in price, depending on their notoriety. Maybe they will drop DLC price to attract customers but DLCs are meant for current players, not new ones.

Fallout 4 has won many "game of the year" awards so don't keep your hopes up on the price drop. I'd say spend the damn 14 bucks, you only live once!

I would like to know why. I was never a big fan of Fallout games: I played Fallout 3 but never finished it. I finished New Vegas but never replayed it. Yet, I'm absolutely loving Fallout 4: 1000 hours in, at least 5 different complete playthrough, a dozen partial playthough, extensive use of mods, creation of character builds, I'm totally invested. I must say, I'm not a hardcore gamer normally: I don't have a "list of games", I play one game and I stick with it until I find a new one.

The only other game I put 1000 hours into was Civilization V. It took me YEARS to get to 1000 but I reached that number in a matter of months in Fallout 4. I must admit I'm a big fan of Bethesda games. I have played Skyrim a lot but never to the extent I'm playing Fallout 4. When there's gameplay involved and character creation and development, I'm all in!

Fallout 4 might be the best game I played since Diablo back in 1997!
I really am blaming having kids. The eldest is three years old and the baby is one, so the only free time I get is a couple of hours in the evening (less when I'm working the late shift). Fallout is too big a game for me to enjoy in 1 hour increments.

Also I'm finding the nature of the main story discourages me from exploring sidequests. Murdered wife and missing kid seems like it should be a top priority.

I really am blaming having kids. The eldest is three years old and the baby is one, so the only free time I get is a couple of hours in the evening (less when I'm working the late shift). Fallout is too big a game for me to enjoy in 1 hour increments.

Also I'm finding the nature of the main story discourages me from exploring sidequests. Murdered wife and missing kid seems like it should be a top priority.
I didn't see the game with your eyes but I totally understand your spoiler. As an eternal bachelor with no kids, I couldn't care less about Shaun and Nora. I forgot about them after my first playthrough. I also underrstand your "time management problem". With a kid and wife at home, no way I'd be able to go so deep into Fallout Universe. I know a lot of people have criticized Fallout 4 main story but compared to you, I have the opposite approach. The main story made me want to go explore and do something else.

Shaun and Nora be damned, I'm conquering the Commonwealth! I'm cleaning it up one settlement at a time and nobody who stands in my way will be left standing. I played the "good guy Minuteman" on my first playthrough and that was it. I did have a "Railroad playthrough" where I helped synths and left the Minutemen alone but in the end, it was still a great war with Instiute and BOS. As much as I like to gameplay a character, I will not be a "boy scout ready to help everyone" for a whole playthrough: my character needs to struggle with his demons and question his beliefs. He must cope with loss the best way he can: either by killing everyone, becoming a Chem addict, becoming a junk-collecting hobo or joining BOS as a Spec Ops officer.

All that is much more interesting to me than saving Shaun and Nora.

Last edited:
Back