FALLOUT 4 Official Thread v.4: Jittery Jethead Edition

Far Harbor - thoughts so far

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished my second playthrough now. I killed all raiders on my good guy build.

This time I sided with the operators and the disciples. I had a great time. I hated raiding some of my settlements and some where very tough because I fortified them well. I had sentry bots many of the bases and all my settlers either have miniguns, gatling lasers or missile launchers.

I preferred the good guy ending. I wish there was more atom cats story. I like that gang.

Started playing again, the first time since December, having a blast, i haven't touched any of the dlcs so far just been exploring and getting acclimatized to the game again. I'm level 48 and my weapons feel pretty weak apart from 1 of them.

Any tips on some good weapons and perks to invest in? I have 10 luck so i've been putting points into the crit based perks for the past few levels.

Started playing again, the first time since December, having a blast, i haven't touched any of the dlcs so far just been exploring and getting acclimatized to the game again. I'm level 48 and my weapons feel pretty weak apart from 1 of them.

Any tips on some good weapons and perks to invest in? I have 10 luck so i've been putting points into the crit based perks for the past few levels.
What do you like ? Pistols ? Rifles? Shotguns? Energy weapons ?

I always keep a gauss rifle handy for behemoths. A mele for punk asses and bugs. Overseers guardian is a good gun. I kept it for ages. I like using a combat shotty too.
I stray from heavy stuff like missiles. Mini guns fat mans or Gatling lasers.

Mainly been using a combat shotgun and a single shot rifle

Mainly been using a combat shotgun and a single shot rifle

There are so many effective combinations, it's not even funny. If you have a knack for shotguns, be sure to invest in damage perks: Rifleman to increase rifle damage (shotgun falls into rifles), Lone Wanderer to boost your overall damage 25% and Bloody Mess to boost your damage another 15%. Don't bring a follower: you can have dogmeat but go alone and enjoy the Lone Wanderer perk.

Don't forget to boost Gun Nut and mod your rifle. Remember, as long as you don't put an "automatic fire" mod on your rifle, it remains in the "rifle category". If you mod it into an automatic, it falls into the machine gun category, modified by the Commando perk. Remember to focus on one sort of gun to maximize the damage. Don't boost gunslinger and commando if you're focusing on Minuteman.

One-shot rifles are excellent because they can benefit from a lot of other perks: Sneak will double the damage when your undetected. If you have good Agility, you can boost Ninja to boost your sneak damage another 3.5X. Even better, If you put a suppressor on your rifle, you can make sure to remain hidden. You can then boost "Mister Sandman" to get another 50% bonus on silenced weapons.

With all these perks maxed or at least boosted, your silenced rifles will become extremely powerful without even taking legendary effects in account. If you find a "Instigating" rifle and manage to hit an enemy at full health while hidden, you're looking at a gargantuan bonus on your attack! A lot of people prefer "two-shots" (shoots an additional projectile) for Legendary effect but it's not that good on a Sniper Rifle: it's meant of an automatic rifle or submachine gun. Instigating is perfect because it doubles the damage when enemy is at full health. Sneak is meant to help you surprise your opponent and shoot him before he sees you: it's perfect.

Last edited:

Shit, gunslinger perks + 44 caliber guns saved my ass in Survival more times than I can remember

I don't use vats, but a pistols build is obviously great for that

Just stumbled ass-backwards into a few old screen grabs from the early Junkie build and there's some gems.

Screenshot_Original_4.png

I mean Jesus Christ.

image.png

^
Here I am consoling Yefim about the loss of his brother Vadim. He would never see his brother again. Travis continues to follow me to the ends of the earth, forever and forever 100 years, under the flimsy pretense that we are toughening him up for a rescue mission, as I harbor the dark secret of knowing that day will never come

Screenshot_Original_3.png

^
I f*cking swear Travis takes a ridiculous amount of damage for an unarmored side character, and I even began to suspect he has a higher DAM resistance than followers. Here's Travis shot through the dick and just about everywhere else, but never 'downed' once in the Federal Rations Stockpile, Survival mode

Screenshot_Original_5.png

^
My generic male character face, level >10 into Survival, before his face-painted Junkie days

Screenshot_Original_9.png

^
The story behind that one is incredible. I stumbled upon the Charles View Amphitheater early in Survival, and knew I didn't have the firepower to take on the cult (level 5 or 6) Somehow while my back was turned, Travis randomly decided to pick up a gun from the camp labeled "owned" which sparked a massively thunderous gunfight. Cait went down almost immediately, and my character took so much damage in five seconds that it was all I could do to manage to limp behind cover with multiple bone breaks. After the gunfight died down, I cautiously drew my weapon and crept back to the theater to mop up any survivors. There were none. I discovered Travis calmly sitting in his downed pose, surrounded by all of the bodies. He had killed every last one, before "dying" himself.

Screenshot_Original_8.png

^
A settler sleeps, cuddled up next to her dead friend. At this point in the game, I had only two settlers at Sunshine Co-op and the settlement had been attacked by Raiders, killing one and leaving the other by herself for what must have easily been 40 in-game levels for my female character before I checked back on the settlement. Definitely one of the sadder RPG moments.

Screenshot_Original_6.png

Travis sits, admiring the view

Screenshot_Original.png

It weighed an ungodly amount and had fairly shiite DAM resistance, but I'll be goddamned if Cait doesn't look good in full Cage/Spike Armor

Last edited:
Shit, gunslinger perks + 44 caliber guns saved my ass in Survival more times than I can remember

I don't use vats, but a pistols build is obviously great for that

Just stumbled ass-backwards into a few old screen grabs from the early Junkie build and there's some gems.

I mean Jesus Christ.

^
Here I am consoling Yefim about the loss of his brother Vadim. He would never see his brother again. Travis continues to follow me to the ends of the earth, forever and forever 100 years, under the flimsy pretense that we are toughening him up for a rescue mission, as I harbor the dark secret of knowing that day will never come

^
I f*cking swear Travis takes a ridiculous amount of damage for an unarmored side character, and I even began to suspect he has a higher DAM resistance than followers. Here's Travis shot through the dick and just about everywhere else, but never 'downed' once in the Federal Rations Stockpile, Survival mode

^
My generic male character face, level >10 into Survival, before his face-painted Junkie days

Screenshot-Original.png

^
The story behind that one is incredible. I stumbled upon the Charles View Amphitheater early in Survival, and knew I didn't have the firepower to take on the cult (level 5 or 6) Somehow while my back was turned, Travis randomly decided to pick up a gun from the camp labeled "owned" which sparked a massively thunderous gunfight. Cait went down almost immediately, and my character took so much damage in five seconds that it was all I could do to manage to limp behind cover with multiple bone breaks. After the gunfight died down, I cautiously drew my weapon and crept back to the theater to mop up any survivors. There were none. I discovered Travis calmly sitting in his downed pose, surrounded by all of the bodies. He had killed every last one, before "dying" himself.

^
A settler sleeps, cuddled up next to her dead friend. At this point in the game, I had only two settlers at Sunshine Co-op and the settlement had been attacked by Raiders, killing one and leaving the other by herself for what must have easily been 40 in-game levels for my female character before I checked back on the settlement. Definitely one of the sadder RPG moments.

Travis sits, admiring the view

It weighed an ungodly amount and had fairly shiite DAM resistance, but I'll be goddamned if Cait doesn't look good in full Cage/Spike Armor

It's a shame half of your pictures don't show up because the stories are awesome! I tried with another browser but the problem seems to be the pictures themselves. Maybe your hosting site is not up to the task anymore?

Gunslinger and pistols are awesome outside of VATS but their low AP make them too good to ignore in VATS. Submachine guns and the minigun are the best guns outside of VATS imo. But when I'm sniping with a rifle, I'm using VATS 95% of the time. Even with melee weapons, I'm always using VATS. There are too many props, especially aiming at body parts and seeing how much they're damaged already (to induce crippling). Don't forget criticals too!

I have played a little today but I didn't use my survival character. Instead, I reloaded an old character who was in Diamond City just before Confidence Man. I went to pick up Travis to test all the crazy stories you've been telling. Well in 2 hours playtime, I managed to pick him up at the brewery and make him enter a Power Armor. For that, I just had to run to the Police Station nearby and get out of my Power Armor. When Travis arrived, the ghouls where already attacking so he entered the armor. He hasn't got out of it yet and he's become a killing machine!

Soon after, he switched his pipe weapon for a combat rifle when I had my back turned and he's been killing everyone in sight. Just before closing my game, I went back to Diamond City and started a shooting spree: he immediately turned against me and managed to eradicate me in less than a minute. Nobody else was a match but he was just too strong for my lvl 20 character...

Awesome!

I have played a little today but I didn't use my survival character. Instead, I reloaded an old character who was in Diamond City just before Confidence Man. I went to pick up Travis to test all the crazy stories you've been telling. Well in 2 hours playtime, I managed to pick him up at the brewery and make him enter a Power Armor. For that, I just had to run to the Police Station nearby and get out of my Power Armor. When Travis arrived, the ghouls where already attacking so he entered the armor. He hasn't got out of it yet and he's become a killing machine!

Soon after, he switched his pipe weapon for a combat rifle when I had my back turned and he's been killing everyone in sight. Just before closing my game, I went back to Diamond City and started a shooting spree: he immediately turned against me and managed to eradicate me in less than a minute. Nobody else was a match but he was just too strong for my lvl 20 character...

Awesome!

Images fixed, thanks for the heads up -

^F*cking legend. Every story that involves Travis Miles follower mode is clearly full of murderous legendary rampage. You take the guy on a rescue mission because you're supposed to be Hot Shit or something, but that always cracks me up because the quest hails from Diamond City. Depending on how directly you got there, you could be a freshly-cracked Vault Dweller nobody. Especially if you follow the quest marker given early, early, early on. You barely find a weapon and a handful of stims before the game tells you to head to Diamond City, so what in the everflupp makes our characters think they're the Terminator once they sleep for a night in the Dugout Inn.

F*cking slays.

Then when you actually HAVE Travis shadow your mission, you meet him outside a building and tell him variations on: "shut up you speck of a Man, I'll handle everything"

Only to discover that Travis will never die. You live in constant fear of death, but Travis already had you beat. After any given enemy in the game has killed you, Travis will be by your side, temporarily sitting.

Calmly, he will stand to his feet. He will look at your shattered corpse, a vain mercenary who has finally succumb to an inevitable, rare, deadly force in the Wasteland. And he will calmly return to his mumble-core, awesome Radio Station overlooking a weird kid's puddle business.

You would never teach him Confidence, in any sense of the word.
But he would outlive you, forever and always.

Our mission was flawed from the start

Because Vadim's fucking stupid

Looks like you guys need a fresh thread just as Bethesda and Sony announce mods WILL be coming to the PS4.

Sherdoggers take the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back