Far Harbor - thoughts so far

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAUonePUNCH

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Last one passes 1000 posts so its time for a new one.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fallout-official-thread-v3.3104385/page-51

also
3466089.jpg

1. All the talk about this game having shit graphics right before it came out was pure horseshit, this game looks amazing.

2. It's still not GOTY for me.

Got to level 36 today and have maxxed out idiot savant.

Ill repeat this - USE MENTATS before turning in a major quest. Massive XP boost.

1. All the talk about this game having shit graphics right before it came out was pure horseshit, this game looks amazing.

2. It's still not GOTY for me.

Eh, doesn't look amazing.

Witcher and other games kicks its ass graphics wise.

I'll have to go back and compare but I'm just as impressed with Fallout 4 as I am with the other games this year including Witcher 3.

Not really. The lighting is fantastic in Fallout. The graphics aren't even close to looking like shit. It also has physics unlike the witcher. The difference between the Witcher and Fallout 4 is not gigantic. I actually don't like how the non important AI look in the witcher. I agree they aren't the absolute best, but they aren't shit like everyone was saying. It's clearly a next gen game.

Ever since the update does this place move really slow for other people? Sherdog itself just runs so slow now. It's the only site that goes slow for me.

Last edited:
Holy crap, was tessting out the robot hack command perk on Kl-e-o and accidently got her to start following me as a seccond companion basically. Crap she's a beast

I always drink down my int for savant procs
You're losing out long term by my calcs. At 20 INT you still have a 1.5% chance of the xp boost AND you are boosted from the INT 20 level

You're losing out long term by my calcs. At 20 INT you still have a 1.5% chance of the xp boost AND you are boosted from the INT 20 level
Then I lose out on all the drunk no int fun I am having.
I don't think leveling is ever a problem in this game, ever with one intelligence. I got savant just to see what it's like and the laugh is the most rewarding part.
If someone were to ask me I would say to not use it in general.

Im gonna nuke the institute granted maybe they have a benevolent purpose, im still early in the main quest lol

I haven't met any Institute people yet but so far I like the Railroad the best. They feel like the most interesting faction. Then again the BoS Zepplin just rolled into town so maybe that will get better.

I wouldn't say it looks amazing by todays standards but I was surprised to find that the graphics are quite good and at times excellent. The impressive thing is the amount of geometry in the game, houses look like real houses with furniture, exterior fixtures, etc. theres stuff all over the place, trash cans, garbage, broken fences, stairways, the amount of verticality is impressive, structures are massive, if you can see it then you can reach it. My progress never felt impeded by any artificial barriers, there's just so much here and it's so densely packed it actually is pretty amazing, imo its one of the best open world levels I've ever seen. The best part of the graphics are the atmospheric outdoor scenes, at times and in certain areas it actually looks like one the best games on the market right now.

Witcher looks good, I don't think anybody can deny that but I feel the graphics are somewhat overrated, the faces, lipsyncing is very good but some of the NPC enemies look pretty bad. I was fighting this big grizzly bear at one point and it really did look like something out of the PS2 era.

Feels very cut and paste for me. The Witcher cities aren't open but they look and feel like a real city. Same with terrain.

Hey guys im currently fairly well into the game lvl 40 but i havent solely kept to the main quests but im windering at what stage do i have to pick a side ?

Also i cant get the cap glotch to work. I want the overseers assualt rifle but have nowhere near 15000 caps. Whats the point of even picking up pre war money ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back