Fallout 4 is the most brutal unforgiving game ever made

Why didn't you just stick with the 3rd person view then? I don't even remember the first person view for Fallout 3, and only saw it in the Vegas one while my bro was playing it.

I'm missing the point?
<Kpop775>

Basically what @tru3f4n said. The whole style of the game changed immensely in 3 and I was not a fan. Preferred the turn base combat with a squad in an isometric view over the f1st/3rd person shooter rpg hybrid it turned into.

I unironically liked fallout tactics. New Vegas was fun, too.

Fallout Tactics was the shit. I love that game

I could never deal the massive difficulty spike once super mutants enter the scene. I hate using heavy weapons and all that shit, and prefer just low tech firearms, so when they show up I'm totally unprepared to deal with them and I gotta just quit. Up until then the game is the tits though

Agree with people saying FO3 and 4 were nothing special at all

I could never deal the massive difficulty spike once super mutants enter the scene. I hate using heavy weapons and all that shit, and prefer just low tech firearms, so when they show up I'm totally unprepared to deal with them and I gotta just quit. Up until then the game is the tits though

I didn't think FO3 was all that good until I left vault 101 for the first time.

050151.jpg

Way to kill them iirc was snipers and called shots. They're garbage at longer range and shooting them in the arm forced melee because they'd drop their machine guns.

My biggest memories from Tactics was from the pvp matches. I still remember being down to only 2 men at one point against some dude's full squad so I took cover inside a house. I planted mines in the entrance and waited. The dumbass marched all 6 dudes after me and lost 4 of them instantly while the remaining two got gunned down. Dude must've been so salty afterwards.

I clocked in hours upon hours of time on 4 when it first dropped. Then I quit playing for a month or so and played again and totally forgot what I was doing and haven’t played since. I spent so much time scavenging for my numerous settlements and doing missions for the Preston guy

I still maintain that FO4 was a huge disappointment. Its a good game, sometimes great, but it failed to live up to previous games in the series.

It's a good game but i much prefer New Vegas. To see that remade with the more stable engine that 4 uses would be awesome.

<GinJuice>

The damn settlements constantly needing tending to was a pain in the ass.

I still maintain that FO4 was a huge disappointment. Its a good game, sometimes great, but it failed to live up to previous games in the series.
for the amount of time people waited for a new Fallout it was a letdown. You'd think a place like The Commonwealth would be devoid of life like in FO3 but nope normal people everywhere. The game only takes place like 10 years after FO3 no way does a place that was a main target for the commies become so lively it kind of ruined the immersion of the game for me.

Haveing 3-5 player settlements in the main game then a few more with the DLCs would've been ok but they tried making the whole game revolve around like 40. You'd try to do a quest then you'd have a settlement attacked and if you missed the text prompt or ignored it the settlement is razed. Without mods the settlements kinda broke the game.

Fallout 4 is the most brutal unforgiving game ever made. Im just walking through the forest with my dog and out of nowhere i get attacked by 3 Boatflies. Between myself and my trusty dog we killed all 3 then out of nowhere 3 ghouls (aka zombies) ran out of nowhere and my dog was able to kill 2 of them while i was running like a bitch and then ....well......i stood on top of a car......puppy didnt make it.

Did you ever Stalker bro???

S_32e948_5503510.gif

Here's my gripe on Fallout 4...

I really like the fallout series and have beaten 2, 3, and New Vegas. I just like playing the game, adventuring, questing, shooting slavers in the FACE and finding new companions.

I

DON'T

MINECRAFT.

I don't like having to find every bit of trash I can find to build walls, turrets, teleporters, and frequency cloners! I HATED trying to do even ONE quest without a message popping up "The such-and-such is under ATTACK!!!!"

Funk dat.

I just wanted to play. I gave up on it.

I really like the fallout series and have beaten 2, 3, and New Vegas. I just like playing the game, adventuring, questing, shooting slavers in the FACE and finding new companions.

I

DON'T

MINECRAFT.

I don't like having to find every bit of trash I can find to build walls, turrets, teleporters, and frequency cloners! I HATED trying to do even ONE quest without a message popping up "The such-and-such is under ATTACK!!!!"

Funk dat.

I agree. I really don't understand why there isn't an option to tell Preston Garvey to go fuck himself right at the beginning.

I'm supposed to be role-playing an extremely traumatized survivor of nuclear war, hell bend on finding out what happened to his kid. Babysitting a bunch of idiots who have lived their entire lives in this environment yet are completely incapable of doing anything to look after themselves really shouldn't be a part of that. I'm supposed to be the stranger in a strange land, I should be getting help from them, not running their shitty useless militia.

For what it's worth, the Far Harbour was really good. No forced minecraft, just places to explore and factions to play against each other. It lets you join the children of the atom which is something I wanted to do since fallout 3.

I

DON'T

MINECRAFT.

Funk dat.

I liked collecting trash I did it in FO3 & FONV on a PC due to mods needing this or that. Like you said having to help the settlements when under attack or those damn quest Preston kept giving was annoying.

F4 gets two solid playthrough thumbs up

the first version is typically at normal, easy hard difficulty whatever

armor and weapons cover the damage gap over time anyway and looting covers the costs

the SECOND playthrough

needs to be survival mode in nothing but clothing

the entire map will become a tactically and logistically brand new context

enemies will become beatable via their movement and aggression patterns

looting will become edge of the seat

it's a great way to play any F3-onward version

The thing I love about fallout is that you can try multiple builds. My most enjoyable playthrough was using a melee build. High endurance. High strength and perks like rooted, blitz and bloody mess. A lot of fun.

I started a VATS heavy sniper build but then my twins were born and I never had time.

Back