Fake News: Iconic Crying Migrant Girl Was Never Separated from Mother, Says Father

Pretty fucked up. This dad lost his wife and she left her other kids behind. Plus spent $6000.

Thoughts are, on no particular order

- correct the record when it needs to be corrected, thank you, TELL DEE TRUTH!!!!!

- do we have any confirmation other than the father (I think we had an ice statement as well?)

- does it change that fact that in other cases it is happening and that several 1000 kids have still been spectated from parents. If so then this does very little to change the overall narrative.

- I am still right about the Congo lady

Bullshit. This "empathy" is brand new because you were fooled by a couple of fake pics of kids crying.

Those are homeless asylum seeking children being cared for. They are not being manhandled or abused. They just came out of the fucking desert that their parents dragged them across to use them as insurance to cross the border. Thats probably the best care those kids have ever received.

You are a sheep. Plain and simple. Bahhhh. Too fucking stupid to see beyond your raw emotion and look at the real picture.

Would I prefer there were a simple safe way for everyone to be together? Sure, why not? But is this picture you posted, of non american children being cared for in the custody of the US gov't, a sign of some malignant form of mistreatment? On what fucking planet? We didn't force anyone to come here.

I mean, this is pretty spot on. What are we suppose to do if people keep flooding our country? These kids look better off than a lot of kids in Appalachia, and the ghettos in our cities.

Pretty fucked up. This dad lost his wife and she left her other kids behind. Plus spent $6000.

Then you add context like this. It is really all just a mess, what do people really expect? I mean, you already see people saying, "well despite it not being the case with this one, it is still the case with 1000 others!!". Is that so? Why didn't they pick a kid that actually had a story to back up their article? It seems likely that this one kid has a similar story to other kids, than this kid being an outlier.

Lets have everyone in the country fork over their next few pay checks. Then we can see if the average person feels about this.

Damn homie sounds like a bitter baby mama.

She up and left his ass and some how he knows her where abouts?

Says she went looking for a job, but took the youngin too...
This sounds right to yall?

Sound like she was running from an ass whoopin and extra marital kids.

- correct the record when it needs to be corrected, thank you, TELL DEE TRUTH!!!!!

Easy to say that after the damage is done. That photo ran on the cover of the New York Times.

- do we have any confirmation other than the father (I think we had an ice statement as well?)

CBP: "I would tell you," the spokesperson said at the time, "that being an infant, she will not be separated from her mother unless there is the criminal or immigration history of an adult in the family unit, evidence of abuse that would indicate that the child’s safety is at risk, questionable familial relationships (fraud), [or] insufficient detention space to accommodate a family unit where both parents are present."

- does it change that fact that in other cases it is happening and that several 1000 kids have still been spectated from parents. If so then this does very little to change the overall narrative.

What's the narrative? That Trump wanted to separate children from their parents as a deterrent? That's not borne out by the evidence.

- I am still right about the Congo lady

On the narrow question of whether she crossed the border illegally or not, it's possible (though unconfirmed) that you are right . But if you were trying to make a bigger point about Trump administration policy, you were wrong.

Last edited:
Damn homie sounds like a bitter baby mama.

She up and left his ass and some how he knows her where abouts?

Says she went looking for a job, but took the youngin too...
This sounds right to yall?

Sound like she was running from an ass whoopin and extra marital kids.
Suppose you were right.

Should that qualify her as a "refugee"?

Options:

A) Yes (Obama)
B) No (Trump)

I'm with Trump here.

I don't think people understand the vast numbers going on here
.they recklessly overpopulated their country and will move on to the next.

They dont have pride for America, they want from America

I mean, this is pretty spot on. What are we suppose to do if people keep flooding our country? These kids look better off than a lot of kids in Appalachia, and the ghettos in our cities.

I said this from the beginning, before the story really took off. The kids in the holding facilities are pretty comfortable for the most part, probably much better than they were before they came, and definitely better than they were during their journey. Obviously it's different for young kids, but most of these kids are teenagers.

But also, don't buy into this accusation of "fake empathy" some people are spewing. Most people truly are empathetic and want the best for kids. You can be empathetic, and truly care for their wellbeing, and still believe they are in a decent situation. That is where I stand on it. I think it's very, very strange when people feel such little empathy that they actually can't believe that other people feel empathy.

Suppose you were right.

Should that qualify her as a "refugee"?

Options:

A) Yes (Obama)
B) No (Trump)

I'm with Trump here.

C) it's complicated and I aint got the answers, sway!

Jesus, Michael Brown was a really bad guy to get behind.
It's unfortunate he became the face of a movement.

probably because the police aren't anywhere near as bad about shooting innocent people as we are led to believe.

Who gives a fuck?

This isn't fake.

180617-cbp-mcallen-texas-01.jpg

That's the new space force soldier's day care, try again

I said this from the beginning, before the story really took off. The kids in the holding facilities are pretty comfortable for the most part, probably much better than they were before they came, and definitely better than they were during their journey. Obviously it's different for young kids, but most of these kids are teenagers.

But also, don't buy into this accusation of "fake empathy" some people are spewing. Most people truly are empathetic and want the best for kids. You can be empathetic, and truly care for their wellbeing, and still believe they are in a decent situation. That is where I stand on it. I think it's very, very strange when people feel such little empathy that they actually can't believe that other people feel empathy.

Well, I don't think fake empathy is the right way to put it. More like misplaced dissonance.

If these kids are being treated well, by your estimation, what is the outrage? I am not saying you are outraged, but you would be lying if you say the left isn't. I mean look at that fucking TIME cover, lol. And it was reposted millions of times on social media with people adding their own comments, etc.

These people can feel bad for the kids, and not shit all over Trump because of it. I feel bad for the kids, but what do people truly expect?

It says that woman was detained with a family member by ICE in 2013 and sent back. Where was the TIME cover with Obama like this? There was none, because TIME was to busy sucking his dick, so that liberals would continue to buy their magazine. Just like with covers like this one. That is why I think @Seano called it fake empathy, because it is TIME articles and whatnot that are provoking these emotions and making people even more angered. So I can see why he would call it fake.

Only difference is now she took ONE of her kids with her, to try and make it harder for her to leave. On a side note, I am surprised the family had 6k for her to take. That is a lot better off than a lot of Americans.

Anyways, I only read the report of her having 6k and leaving other kids from a twitter and a breibart article in the other thread about this. So it could also indeed be fake news.

Also keep in mind, there are over like 50 million displaced Migrants in the world. Migrant camps in Europe suck to and are even worse in Africa. That is more people than many countries. We are already giving relief to a large percentage of these displaced migrants.

Bullshit. This "empathy" is brand new because you were fooled by a couple of fake pics of kids crying.

Those are homeless asylum seeking children being cared for. They are not being manhandled or abused. They just came out of the fucking desert that their parents dragged them across to use them as insurance to cross the border. Thats probably the best care those kids have ever received.

You are a sheep. Plain and simple. Bahhhh. Too fucking stupid to see beyond your raw emotion and look at the real picture.

Would I prefer there were a simple safe way for everyone to be together? Sure, why not? But is this picture you posted, of non american children being cared for in the custody of the US gov't, a sign of some malignant form of mistreatment? On what fucking planet? We didn't force anyone to come here.

The President is a sheep too?

Well, I don't think fake empathy is the right way to put it. More like misplaced dissonance.

If these kids are being treated well, by your estimation, what is the outrage? I am not saying you are outraged, but you would be lying if you say the left isn't. I mean look at that fucking TIME cover, lol. And it was reposted millions of times on social media with people adding their own comments, etc.

These people can feel bad for the kids, and not shit all over Trump because of it. I feel bad for the kids, but what do people truly expect?

It says that woman was detained with a family member by ICE in 2013 and sent back. Where was the TIME cover with Obama like this? There was none, because TIME was to busy sucking his dick, so that liberals would continue to buy their magazine. Just like with covers like this one. That is why I think @Seano called it fake empathy, because it is TIME articles and whatnot that are provoking these emotions and making people even more angered. So I can see why he would call it fake.

Only difference is now she took ONE of her kids with her, to try and make it harder for her to leave. On a side note, I am surprised the family had 6k for her to take. That is a lot better off than a lot of Americans.

Anyways, I only read the report of her having 6k and leaving other kids from a twitter and a breibart article in the other thread about this. So it could also indeed be fake news.

Also keep in mind, there are over like 50 million displaced Migrants in the world. Migrant camps in Europe suck to and are even worse in Africa. That is more people than many countries. We are already giving relief to a large percentage of these displaced migrants.

The problem is even if the kids are being treated well enough (subjective) they're still being purposely separated from their parents as a deterrent for those seeking asylum. This was an expressed tactic by the Trump administration, something both Obama and Bush declined to do.

We could be putting the kids up in hotels for all I care so long as they get to stay with their parents.

The President is a sheep too?
I think he changed his stance because he was being blamed for the policy already in place. I don't support his decisions. I believe its just going to lead to more people viewing children as their ticket over the border. The famous girl crying in the pic was taken away from her father without his knowledge.

See, me- I'm not a sheep. I don't just blindly go along with whoever I think is on my side.

I think he changed his stance because he was being blamed for the policy already in place. I don't support his decisions. I believe its just going to lead to more people viewing children as their ticket over the border. The famous girl crying in the pic was taken away from her father without his knowledge.

See, me- I'm not a sheep. I don't just blindly go along with whoever I think is on my side.

He was being blamed for the policy because it was his policy.

It was not Bush or Obama's policy to separate families seeking asylum.

He flipped because it was making him look bad and Ivanka said Daddy again.

I think the difference in how I feel, vs how other people feel, is that they have a worse impression of what is occurring. I read a very long article about a facility and it sounded like the teenagers were treated very well there. I am basing my opinions on that for the most part. A lot of resources are put into helping these kids, who could be being treated much worse.

Other people are basing their opinions on very young children being separated from their mothers. I would never, ever call somebody a phony for being upset over that. That's an empathetic stance, and something I can fully respect.

People are mad at Trump because he's the President, the guy who controls these policies. Trump is no victim here.

The masses are not outraged by every deportation. People are deported all the time, always have been. It's not really fair to compare a normal deportation to small children being separated from their parents at the border. I think that's a false equivalence.

TIME definitely played into the outrage for ratings, and it is backfiring on them. But the issue is not being lied about, the children really are being separated from their parents. They were just misled into using a bad picture, which is their fault and they should be mocked for.

I wouldn't assume she took a kid with her to make it harder to be deported, that just seems to be a cynical stance to take. It's her child, maybe she just wants her child to be with her, since that's what most humans would want. I also wouldn't automatically believe anything from a hack source like Breitbart, and that woman may have sold everything she owned for that $6k. I wouldn't draw any conclusions based on that.

I agree, hopefully you've noticed that I have been on the right of this issue. Nobody notices all the times I'm on the right sides of issues, they just wait for me to go back to the left and then call me a leftists lol. Basically, I'm a moderate who's not an asshole or racist, and I don't believe memes, which on this forum makes me a leftist.

My my thoughts are this, If I lived in Honduras and has $6,000 of disposable income I sure as shit wouldn't blow it on a Coyote to take me to fucking Texas.

Do you know how much shit you can buy in Honduras for $6,000?

Back