Fairtex San Francisco Closing?

I totally agree with you being a member there for 5 or 6 years it is all A-------y L-n's fault. I'm mad that I renewed for 1 year. :mad: This also really sad cuz Num and Gaynao are good teacher. Ohh and also Mr. L-n sent a letter say refunds take 6-10 weeks.:eek:

Why are you guys censoring his name?

Increased taxes (esp commercial property), since Gov Jerry Brown has taken over. Then San Fran has all these "new programs", like continued healthcare coverage for ex convicts that are San Fran citizens. So they pass the prices on to local businesses and it's just too much for many.

Including Fairtex.

So what you're saying is, the Democrats shut down Fairtex.

(I keed, I keed...)

I heard the inside scoop from someone involved (I'm not saying this is accurate cause we all know people make shit up, but just passing it on FYI)

Apparently Fairtex USA was operating on a loss this whole time and Anthony Lin was cut off from further funds by Fairtex Thailand, which meant Fairtex USA did not have the liquidity to continue operating. Anthony took the remaining money and left the country or something.

If any of this is true (and again I'd bet the story above is a partial truth) then I wish the best for the Fairtex brand and hope some investors pick it up. Sucks for the gyms, I remember when Jake Shields was teaching at the old gym, a lot of storied fighters have gone through the gyms' doors.

I heard the inside scoop from someone involved (I'm not saying this is accurate cause we all know people make shit up, but just passing it on FYI)

Apparently Fairtex USA was operating on a loss this whole time and Anthony Lin was cut off from further funds by Fairtex Thailand, which meant Fairtex USA did not have the liquidity to continue operating. Anthony took the remaining money and left the country or something.

If any of this is true (and again I'd bet the story above is a partial truth) then I wish the best for the Fairtex brand and hope some investors pick it up. Sucks for the gyms, I remember when Jake Shields was teaching at the old gym, a lot of storied fighters have gone through the gyms' doors.

Obviously i cannot confirm specifics of this story, but the management of Anthony Lin IS THE REASON that the SF gym is closing. Ive worked with and learned from so many pro fighters, aside from Ganyao and Jongsanan, that its sad to see this place go.

What about all the Fairtex sponsored events? Is this going to be a thing of the past as well?

Obviously i cannot confirm specifics of this story, but the management of Anthony Lin IS THE REASON that the SF gym is closing. Ive worked with and learned from so many pro fighters, aside from Ganyao and Jongsanan, that its sad to see this place go.

i have a friend that used to fight out of there and when i mentioned it to him, he said it was probably karma. i asked him what he meant by it...im not gonna say anything specific, but needless to say he wasnt happy with Anthony.

I was just at Fairtex Bangplee a few days ago and it was a ghost town.

something about the guy in glasses being hella greedy and other evil businessman stuff.

I have been a member of Fairtex since Feb 2011. I'm always at the 530 class and sometimes at the 12 noon class. The people were cool and very humble. Everyone was willing to help each other out and there was no egos. I am really going to miss this place. I will probably end up joining Fight and Fitness or Gil's new gym. Does anyone know how to get to Gil's gym by muni or Bart? Is it in a bad neighborhood?

I have been a member of Fairtex since Feb 2011. I'm always at the 530 class and sometimes at the 12 noon class. The people were cool and very humble. Everyone was willing to help each other out and there was no egos. I am really going to miss this place. I will probably end up joining Fight and Fitness or Gil's new gym. Does anyone know how to get to Gil's gym by muni or Bart? Is it in a bad neighborhood?

I think it's in a pretty good neighborhood, Dogpatch? Can get there by the muni line that runs down 3rd street

On a side note, Daniel Kim fighting out of one of the Bay Area Fairtex gyms put on a great show tonight at the M1 event. He got rocked a couple of times and shook it off and got the huge KO victory. Entertaining fight and a lot of respect for him.

Increased taxes (esp commercial property), since Gov Jerry Brown has taken over. Then San Fran has all these "new programs", like continued healthcare coverage for ex convicts that are San Fran citizens. So they pass the prices on to local businesses and it's just too much for many.

Including Fairtex.

This may be the most ridiculous cop out ever and clearly directed at the lowest common denominator; those who do not know or care to know what the truth is. Firstly, these programs that which you describe, for ex convicts... They DO NOT exist. Secondly Jerry Brown is cutting programs, Case in point; redevelopment funding. All that being said Anthony is and was a terrible businessman who treated the gym and gear company as his little mini feifdom and bank account in that order. Insofar as gyms closing all over the city. This is a silly, silly statement. Ralph Gracie has doubled and now tripled his square footage in the last five years. Gil Melendez is doubling the size of his gym set to open this month on third and 25th in the dogpatch section of SF. And lastly Bay Jiu-Jitsu that originally shared space with another gym has a beautiful spot of their own in Japantown. Save those silly excuses for the employees you took advantage of and the membership that is unwilling to read into your patchwork of poorly thought out lies....

Saw Num at the fights in commerce. He is excited to work with Gil but is sad as he has been at Fairtex SF for a while. Hell, IM sad its closed

On a side note, Daniel Kim fighting out of one of the Bay Area Fairtex gyms put on a great show tonight at the M1 event. He got rocked a couple of times and shook it off and got the huge KO victory. Entertaining fight and a lot of respect for him.

is this Daniel Kim? couldnt remember his name...hope i got the right Fairtex Bay Area gym

I can't watch the video here, but that preview image looks like him. He's a tall southpaw.

FOR THE VIDEO ABOVE Hey guys..That is NOT Daniel Kim

He is a pro fighter and this was the first amateur fight of the night. The dude in black is a friend of mine

Back