Fairtex KPLC5 Thai Pads

Premier79

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Fairtex KPLC5

So I decided to buy a new pair of Thai Pads as I found the standard Fairtex pads too bulky. I decided to go with the KPLC-5 as it seemed lighter and the inner forearm padding was a bonus.

Info
Material: Syntek Leather Odorless Micro fiber material (whatever that is)
Size: 15" x 8" x 2.4"
Weight: 2.25kgs

Design/Material
The pads are really lightweight. When I first held them, it felt like it weighed nothing. The material is not real leather but a smooth synthetic material with some sort of odor inhibitor. I'm not sure how that works but I've had my fair share of smelly pads. The curved design is a plus for catching kicks better. The straps are velcro which are easier to put on and off. Time will tell if the odor inhibitor and velcro will last.

Verdict

So far so good. It's a much welcomed relief to the pads at our gym. It is very lightweight and the padding provides enough cushioning that I don't feel it much on my forearms. I've had Coban tested it out a few times and he kicks like a horse. The inner forearm padding is a plus for me. The only part that I don't like about it is that the inner padding decreases as you go lower. I have greater support near my wrist than lower arm. Wish it was consistent throughout. Overall I approve of these pads. We'll see how it holds throughout time.

kplc5_explantion.jpg

kplc5_shot1.jpg
kplc5_shot2.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful pads! I've had my eye on those for awhile, but the artificial leather has kind of held me back. How cool is it to have freaking COBAN around to smash gear against?

I wonder if the logic is that kicks come from the ground upwards but it would be nice to have the same padding thickness throughout. I saw years ago a compilation of fights and a friend who got me interested in Muay Thai showed a bunch of us Coban's epic fights with Decker and some other Thai fighters. May I ask where you got these from or what are good sources?

Back