Fairtex gloves

nino

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Anybody experience here with fairtex gloves and how are they?

Not tried them personally yet but I think they are good quality. However afaik they are rather thai style so could be a little small if you have bigass european hands like me. For example I like twins but some of their gloves are really small.

Last edited:
Anybody experience here with fairtex gloves and how are they?

I've had a couple of pairs of bvg1s which are Muay Thai gloves. Very compact and good for general use but a bit naughty for sparring imo. Really well made and comfortable once broken in. No grip bar and definately recommend for Muay Thai/kickboxing and general gym work

I currently use fairtex bgv9s as due to injury I'm restricted to boxing. If you have a budget I'd highly recommend them. Mine cost about £75. They are fairtexs take on Reyes gloves but at half the price! I have a pair of 16s that I use for everything. Their really comfortable, the wrist protection is excellent due to the long cuff, very little break in required and they are probably the most universal gloves I've owned. I've paid more money on gloves in the past but these are with out doubt the best value and probably the most durable as well!

Edit: I just tried to upload a couple of photos of my bgv9s but the fckin file is apparently too large to upload?

Last edited:
Not tried them personally yet but I think they are good quality. However afaik they are rather thai style so could be a little small if you have bigass european hands like me. For example I like twins but some of their gloves are really small.

Fairtex gloves are quite tight but do have a really wide hand compartment, which is unusual as the gloves themselves are not nearly as bulky/wide as the same size twins gloves. 16oz fairtex gloves visually look about a size smaller than they actually are

I have had plenty of BGV1 fairtex gloves and will share my two cents.

The following order is my history of ownership:

10oz Black Velcro Fairtex BGV1
12oz White Velcro Nation-Print BGV1
16oz White Velcro Tight-Fit BGV1

The 10oz Glove was great as it provided little protection and great punch connection whilst training.

The 12oz Glove had significantly more protection as expected from the extra padding.

The 16oz was by far the most superior Fairtex BGV1 due to self explanatory increase of padding.

Changing from a plain black to a nation print design was quite a nice change and it also provided me with a new found sense of security when the vinyl print was durable even in Australian heat.

I noticed after a fair while of training that,fairtex BGV1, due to the lack of a grip bar, are useless when it comes to straight boxing training since an efficiently formed fist will reduce the risk of injury and a grip bar provides support.

Fairtex is good for mauy thai due to the lack of a grip bar providing a better clinching experience.

I recently switched over to Sabas Prime since I only box and the longer cuffs and large grip bar do wonders. They cut my knuckles up but my hands and wrists aren't ever sore.

Last edited:
I have had plenty of BGV1 fairtex gloves and will share my two cents.

The following order is my history of ownership:

10oz Black Velcro Fairtex BGV1
12oz White Velcro Nation-Print BGV1
16oz White Velcro Tight-Fit BGV1

The 10oz Glove was great as it provided little protection and great punch connection whilst training.

The 12oz Glove had significantly more protection as expected from the extra padding.

The 16oz was by far the most superior Fairtex BGV1 due to self explanatory increase of padding.

Changing from a plain black to a nation print design was quite a nice change and it also provided me with a new found sense of security when the vinyl print was durable even in Australian heat.

I noticed after a fair while of training that,fairtex BGV1, due to the lack of a grip bar, are useless when it comes to straight boxing training since an efficiently formed fist will reduce the risk of injury and a grip bar provides support.

Fairtex is good for mauy thai due to the lack of a grip bar providing a better clinching experience.

I recently switched over to Sabas Prime since I only box and the longer cuffs and large grip bar do wonders. They cut my knuckles up but my hands and wrists aren't never sore.

It's only the bgv1s that don't have a grip bar though I believe the breathable ones do unusually. It was an issue with me when I switched from kickboxing to just boxing. I also thought they were a bit too compact for sparring
The bgv9s are pure boxing gloves. As per my above post easily 1 of the best gloves I've ever used in over 20 years. Well under priced imo

I like the smaller size profile on the fairtex,
I find it makes picking a part someone's guard a lot easier,
I find this is because whilst wearing the Sabas Gloves and noticing the fist width being wider, its harder to pick a part someone guard, but the punches land better.

And to reply to you ninja, I love Fairtex, I have a Fairtex gym bag, heavy bag, headgear Thai pads focus mitts etc etc,

I completely agree with ninja that if you are price restricted you should choose Fairtex they are amazing quality and handmade, can't get much better then that.

Unless you purchase Sabas ProSeries (I have Primes) which are only $110USD or £85.

Other than quality and price it Really all depends on your discipline and personal preference on visuals.

Last edited:
Back