Fairtex Diagonal Vision Headgear Review

Deathstriker

I eat Simba and wear his skin
Reaction score
Initial Impressions

The Fairtex headgear looked good out of the bag, seemed to offer protection around the face. It was easy to see out of it and the face area seemed to be able to deflect punches. This headgear was much slimmer than my previous bulky top king one. Uses velcro to fasten. I apparently didn't follow instructions well and got a L instead of a XL for my head so it was very tight to put on. But I did manage to get it on well even though it was too small for me.

Protection

Since it covers most of the face, it is good for protecting against cuts. As for padding to absorb shock from blows, it's virtually non-existent. The padding is thin except on the forehead area. It's thin profile is good for slipping punches, but not much in the way of absorbing hits.

Ratings in a nutshell

+Good Visibility
+Thin profile for slipping
+Protects nose a little
+Good for MT Smokers
+Protects against cuts
-Not much padding, will feel hits full force.

If you want a headgear to help you simulate a real fight minus risk of cuts, this is it. If you want a headgear to cover you while sparring, go get Winning or Top King.

7/10

Pictures

0a39bf97-fb7e-420b-b03a-f6634e6228c7_zps203eb739.jpg

fairtex3_zps641a886b.jpg

fairtex2_zpsa2f1d309.jpg

fairtex4_zpse2f12e25.jpg

Purchase here

I'm still figuring out what to do with this so I dunno if I will sell it yet. Maybe after my FG2900 comes in the mail.

I like your choice of colours :wink:

Thanks for the review!

Is there a significant difference in visibility with this headgear?

thanks for the review man. I have been looking to learn more about this headgear forever! Appreciate it!

Is there a significant difference in visibility with this headgear?

Thanks for the comments guys!

You can see well with the Fairtex Diagonal Headgear, but the Top King one is much better with nothing obstructing you. I didn't have problems seeing past the two flaps that got in my sight. Looking at the other fairtex headgears with almost the same design, I can say visibility shouldn't be a problem.

I have to add that if they beefed up the foam, it would be much better. The only heavy foam part is the yellow forehead area.

Back