Fairtex BGV5 Review

Yeah, it seems fairly soft, The fit is good for me though and the gloves are pretty compact, I was given pair for a fight I did last year. I found the lace up wrist support to pretty solid too.

I got a set of BGV9s Iron, so lets find out!

Also yeah so far Windy Proline have been my favorite Thai glove so far. I sent you a PM sutten

Are there any US retailers who carry the Pro Line? Are these the same?

http://www.ringside.com/ringside/windy-hook-loop-sparring-gloves-8955.html

I can't even find them on the regular Thai retailers.

Fairtex shinguards are legit though. I forgot the model, but they do not have that metal loop. But they fit amazing, non slip and according to my buddies, more protective than the ones with the metal loop ring.

Last edited:
There are NO USA retailers that carry the pro-lines :(

and no Kidriot, those are not the same

Yeah I love my Fairtex shinguards, but the gloves are regarding the BGV1 is just meh, and the 5s suck

I agree with your review, Fairtex gloves are very overrated. They are a decent punchers glove but that's about it, and they are certainly not as durable as the other Thai brands.

I agree with your review, Fairtex gloves are very overrated. They are a decent punchers glove but that's about it, and they are certainly not as durable as the other Thai brands.

Fairtex have made 1 glove that I will always love the BGV9 the rest have been similar to every other brand.

I disagree on the durability though. All my Fairtex gloves have lasted longer than Twins or Boon.

I have found in the Gym that people very rarely get more than 12 months out of Fairtex Gloves, where we have lots of
Twins gloves that only get thrown out because they stink. Haven't found Boon to be great in any area, but I haven't tried them for a few years.

Back