facts about Tony vs Khabib

1. FACT: Tony and Khabib have the two longest win streaks in the history of UFC's LW. This includes every champ ever.

2. FACT: If Khabib wins he joins a very exclusive club (10-0 in the UFC). This has technically been reached only by Royce and Anderson.

3. FACT: Conor has set the record for the longest period of not defending a title in the history of the sport. All while unijured.

4. OPINION: If Conor and their opponent from 223 didn't exist, either Khabib or Tony would now be a multiple-time defending champ of the deepest division. They would currently be ranked #1 P4P by the UFC (over MM). Instead, due to deadlock, neither is on the list/they were recently ranked far below Michael Bisping P4P.

5. OPINION: Tony and Khabib are tied for the hardest ever road to an undisputed title shot.

6. FACT: Despite all the above, some Conor fans will likely discredit the winner to justify him not fighting them.

7. OPINION: If the winner of this fight beats Conor, that fighter has essentially cleaned out their division. Never in the history of the sport could you say that about a newly crowned champ, even moreso considering it is arguably the deepest division.

8. OPINION: If this card does less than 500k it shows the casuals have won/UFC is dying/the sky is falling/insert hyperbole here.

What do you think? Do you have similar opinions based on the facts above?
3) I'm sure you mean without any defenses at all, which is true. However, the wording here doesn't specifically say that. Cruz went almost 3 years as an inactive champ, albeit for legitimate reasons.

5) No idea why their roads are any harder than Holloway's was.

7) Again Holloway had beaten more of the top 10 upon becoming champ than these guys have. Possibly combined. There is no way to claim either will have cleared out the division.

I agree with the last only. And this is only because Russia will destroy America in a war in 3 years tops.

and you know that all had injuries where Conor was just bitching around.
And you are putting them together , very very smart.
seems like we will learn a lot from you
Sure they did. «The fact» is still wrong. What is it you struggle to understand? I am happy to teach you.

Sounds good.

Fact no 3: Is that right? I thought that was Cain Velasquez? More than 600 days. Conor has less than 500 days.

Edit: Cruz went 828 days before he was stripped. GSP also went 567 days without defending.

Opinion 4: I don't think so..
Thanks for pointing that out, I made 2 typos there (my computer is down and autocorrects on this are terrible/makes proofreading for painful). I meant to put "LW" there. He recently beat the Pettis timeframe I think. Made the edit.

Depends if you consider Rashad's draw with Tito as breaking his streak.

When he fought Machida, Rashad was 13-0-1 and Machida was 14-0. I'd consider that match to be of similar calibre.
Yeah I stuck to LW here. Also only UFC fights. Obviously inc!uding fights outside UFC would put Khabib's streak into another universe.

I do miss prime Shad and Machida. Even more, I miss the prime LHW they came from.

Can't really argue with a guy that makes up his own facts.
What a coincidence, the guy that doesnt want to argue facts is extremely vague in his criticism/cant point to any fact as being wrong.

Is making thread titles complex?
Nope. But you having the reading comprehension to understand them is clearly. Title states there will be multiple facts about Tony and Khabib and there is. What's more, Ive clearly separated the opinions. Didnt make the facts disappear, just as stating "there are apples in this house" doesnt become untrue if a house has 4 apples and 4 oranges.

To all clearly borderline retarded internet contrarians/Conor fans upset with reality: you are welcome for the free lesson in basic logic.

3) I'm sure you mean without any defenses at all, which is true. However, the wording here doesn't specifically say that. Cruz went almost 3 years as an inactive champ, albeit for legitimate reasons.

5) No idea why their roads are any harder than Holloway's was.

7) Again Holloway had beaten more of the top 10 upon becoming champ than these guys have. Possibly combined. There is no way to claim either will have cleared out the division.
I meant LW but good point... is that true? So longest period ever FOR A FIRST DEFENSE? If so I may update the OP to reflect that because that really highlights the extent of the logjam for the two of them.

Yeah Max had a hell of a time, true. I can't remember his entire streak off the top of my head because my browsing sucks now. Can't open other windows/can't copy and paste (which is why I can't reply to everyone in one big post)/autocorrect sucks/etc. Regardless of who had the hardest you can't deny beating RDA/Barboza/the person they are fighting at 223/either Lee or Johnson/ Tibau/either Thompson or Healy/ etc etc just to get to the title (possibly just to get to a title SHOT, who knows with this "undisputed" shit anymore) is insane.

Nope. But you having the reading comprehension to understand them is clearly. Title states there will be multiple facts about Tony and Khabib and there is. What's more, Ive clearly separated the opinions. Didnt make the facts disappear, just as stating "there are apples in this house" doesnt become untrue if a house has 4 apples and 4 oranges.

To all clearly borderline retarded internet contrarians/Conor fans upset with reality: you are welcome for the free lesson in basic logic.
Lol just stop

if the fight is close and exciting, would love to see it become a trilogy

I meant LW but good point... is that true? So longest period ever FOR A FIRST DEFENSE? If so I may update the OP to reflect that because that really highlights the extent of the logjam for the two of them.

Yeah Max had a hell of a time, true. I can't remember his entire streak off the top of my head because my browsing sucks now. Can't open other windows/can't copy and paste (which is why I can't reply to everyone in one big post)/autocorrect sucks/etc. Regardless of who had the hardest you can't deny beating RDA/Barboza/the person they are fighting at 223/either Lee or Johnson/ Tibau/either Thompson or Healy/ etc etc just to get to the title (possibly just to get to a title SHOT, who knows with this "undisputed" shit anymore) is insane.
Yeah Cruz' last defense in that run was on Oct. 1 2011. He was stripped in February of 2014. So I guess it's actually just under 2.5 years. I initially just looked at the years to refresh myself.

Absolutely I agree that Khabib and especially Tony have put in impressive work in the past few years taking out contenders. I was just pointing out that Holloway's run to the title was insanely overdue. He had beaten 5 Top ten guys in a row by the time he got a crack at Aldo for the real belt, and he was taking up a sixth spot in those 10 himself. Then he beat Aldo for the title. Khabib and Ferg have 7 between them, including Khabib's RDA victory from 2014. Either way, all 3 are impressive roads to a title shot.

I think Max had hardest road ever to TS. Then Fitch. Then Tony.

Yeah I stuck to LW here. Also only UFC fights. Obviously inc!uding fights outside UFC would put Khabib's streak into another universe.

I do miss prime Shad and Machida. Even more, I miss the prime LHW they came from.
It was a great era, the division is a ghost town now.

Yeah Cruz' last defense in that run was on Oct. 1 2011. He was stripped in February of 2014. So I guess it's actually just under 2.5 years. I initially just looked at the years to refresh myself.

Absolutely I agree that Khabib and especially Tony have put in impressive work in the past few years taking out contenders. I was just pointing out that Holloway's run to the title was insanely overdue. He had beaten 5 Top ten guys in a row by the time he got a crack at Aldo for the real belt, and he was taking up a sixth spot in those 10 himself. Then he beat Aldo for the title. Khabib and Ferg have 7 between them, including Khabib's RDA victory from 2014. Either way, all 3 are impressive roads to a title shot.
Yep googled it and confirmed/longest time in any division without a first defense. Changed the OP to point that out since it is more pertinent to the topic.

12ga: yeah thanks for reminding me about fitch, hes up there for sure. Prior to Hendricks KOing him he was the ultimate example of being in the title nether region/just endlessly killing off other contenders.

It was a great era, the division is a ghost town now.
I know, it is sad. Crazy to think just how close we are to Gus being the only prime/elite level talent in the whole division. What a massive difference a decade makes when you dont infuse new elite talent...

Back