FACT: The Civil War WAS @ Slavery and the Confederacy Was EVIL

Lol at you basing your opinion from a youtube video.

Do some research goofball.

The war had absolutely nothing to do with slavery...as a moral issue.

It had everything to do with slavery as a money issue though.
South Carolina secession document's complaints include Northern states deeming slavery sinful, so the guys that kicked out all off wouldn't agree with you.

Besides, it's SLAVERY. It didn't somehow occur in a moral vacuum just because there was an economic incentive for its perpetuation.

Slavery did factor into the equation you dipshit. but it wasn't for humanitarian reasons.

It wasn't like the north had a hard on for black people and loved them and wanted them to be free and full people. No one was fighting for black freedom.

You're not banned yet. Soon. Very soon

Could you explain your custom user title to me?
If you need helping reading, call hooked on phonics, i don't have time to explain basic shit to you. That is what your special ed teacher gets paid for. Now put your helmet back on and get back in class. Remember, you can only use the safety scissors.

If you need helping reading, call hooked on phonics, i don't have time to explain basic shit to you. That is what your special ed teacher gets paid for. Now put your helmet back on and get back in class. Remember, you can only use the safety scissors.
Helping reading?

{<huh}

Who cares what it was about? If people want to live a southern life, and they wear Confederate stuff without any racist intentions on their part, why does it matter? Even if they are racist, let them stew in their idiocy.

There were slave states on the North's side...woops

Last edited:
Anytime I meet someone who has a Rebel Flag or says shit like "the south will rise again" I automatically assume they are inbred and racist as hell.

0519b1b3eb7dee13934f38ea1279d8c4f0411-wm.jpg

Look at what we did to Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines.

And that was just the ill-gotten spoils of one of our many unjustified wars of imperialism.
You forgot the Native Americans

The entire history of the world is people conquering other people. The United States is just one in a long line of civilizations that have been top dog. This too shall pass. No one civilization is completely moral or completely evil.

The thing is, like most things and nations in history, the United states has been a mix of very good and very bad things. For every repulsive shitty thing the United States or its people did, there is one or more amazing contributions to the betterment of mankind that the rest of us can thank them for.

They are by no means as good and perfect as they like to think they are, but they're not bad guys either.

On the other hand, there was nothing good or redeemable about the Confederacy. It was born of evil, for the preservation of evil and its noxious legacy has done nothing but poison the generations that followed.

"Nothing good or redeemable about the Confederacy"

"It was born of evil for the preservation of evil"

"Noxious legacy has done nothing but poison the generations that followed"

Those comments are false and ridiculous. @Captain Davis

LOl at you thinking I don't know what your dumbass was saying.

You said something dumb as fuck and I quoted you so that everyone can see that you are dumb as fuck.

And a little bitch that tattletaled to the mods and got me suspended.

But other than being a giant piece of shit thats dumb as fuck, you are ok.

I can tell by what you think you think I said you don't understand what I was saying in that particular post.

I can't tell you what a poor small farmer earned, but
most poor whites weren't land owners in the south. The majority worked as laborers (many on other peoples farms) or in trades.

It was a rhetorical question. Land owners were still in a social caste above general laborers.

millions? wow.

Most letters that mention slavery describe the slaves they met, but no one thought slavery was going to end until the emancipation. Pretty hard to write about ending slavery when that was never the stated goal of the military.

couple of examples:

-Dear Mother and family.
I will take the pensil to let you know we are all well. At present hoping this will find you in the same. we let White Hall Station on Thursday about 4 Clock in the afternoon and got into Washington about 4 oclock in the morning on Friday whitch maid about 12 hours on the way, we then stay ther untill yesterday when we had orders to march about 6.5 miles and when I heard this I went to the head doctor ast him what I would do for I know that I could not carry my knapsack, so he told me that I would have to stay hear and so all them that could not stand the march was sent to the hospitle. Ther was 10 out of our Companny and that was myself and a nother young man, we did not hear the name of the place that they wer going to, but both James and Bob said that they would wright as soon as they wer sitteled that is they would wright home to you, ther is abut 50 sick and wounded in the department that I am in, I think that I will not be in hear very long, for I will try and get eather home or get to my Regiment for I don't like this very well, it is not because I am not treated well for it is six times better than I expected but I canot be contented a way from my companny, my arm is about the same, I wright this mearley to let you know something about myselve for I canot say anything about the others now but I will have to stope so no more at present but reman your son and Brother.

Francis M. Russell

-We have just returned from a trip into East Tenn where we got big amounts of everything to eat and everything we eat is so good to me as I had been starved out so long on some bread & beef, all that we got while we were here besieging Chattanooga. up there we got sweet and Irish potatoes, chickens, molassas, wheat bread and everything that was good for a poor soldier. Oh, how I do wish that I could be at home now, for it is getting late in the evening and I have had nothing to eat since breakfast and no telling when we will get rations for our rations are out, since we left our ration wagons behind in coming here to this place, for I know you have all had a good & plentiful dinner. I know you will say poor John, but this is only a chapter in military service which we often read, but I am content and will be more so when we get rations. The independence of the bounty is what I want and I am I am willing to suffer for something to eat many, many days if it will only send me to my dear parents, a full and independent boy.
The enemy still holds their position in Chattanooga and our lines drawn up close around the place. We are now on the top of Lookout Mountain overlooking the town. We have a fine view of our entire line and also of theirs. It is said that we can see into five different states from our position. It is very cold up here, as cold as it is where you are in mid-winter. You must excuse this exceedingly bad letter as I have written in great haste. My love to you and all. Write when you can and a long letter as I am very anxious to hear from you.

John H. Sweet

John Sweet was a Confederate Soldier, writing late in the war. He obviously isn't going to be writing about a desire to free the slaves. If you read letters written early in the war, before the fighting got going in earnest, you will hear them talk about a desire to free the slaves.

Back